Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Holland is kicking some serious Olympic ass!

Dutchy

YAY!

I am! Thanks

America's basketball team sucked... I mean, OK, they won gold, but man, they can do better than THAT!!

ReaperFett

Re: YAY!

Did Holland finish ahead of Britain?

Oh yeah, add these to your score

+20 Gold if your team included Eric the Eel
    +10,000 Gold if your team didn't use those stupid sprinting suits(I think that is all but the US and Australia)

AND WHERE WAS ROLF HARRIS IN THE FINALE?

Bromine

I think some of the events have become a joke, such as figureskating. (Judges bribed, etc)

The highlight of the Olympics for me was when Canada won the gold in wrestling (can't remember the guy's name or weight class, doh!). That was an intense competition to watch, and the sheer joy on the guy's face when he won was really great. That's what the Olympics is all about, and I'd like to think I'd have enjoyed it just as much if the guy hadn't been Canadian. The unfortunate part, though, was after our Canadian winner beat an American in one of the final rounds. He reached out to shake hands, and the American athlete refused. I mean come on, you just spent the last twenty minutes hugging this man, but now you can't shake his hand? That's pretty pathetic.

And did anyone else see the Russian women's vollyball team? Every time they scored they had a group hug. Hilarious!

ReaperFett

see the Russian women's vollyball team?
    A nastier person than me would say something like 'Were they more manly than the mens volleyball team', but I am above that

Darth Turbogeek

Considering Australia is a tiny nation when it's all said and done, we can stand up and rightfully say that we ROCK!! 58 medals, (Eclipsing Holland well and truly) and the best two individual shows (the opening and closing ceremonies) seen. Oh yeah.....

Aussies RULE!!!

ReaperFett

But DT, Holland and Britain combined are smaller than Australia, and combined won FARRRRRRRRR more medals.

BRITS RULE!

Jedi Master Kyle

Bromine, you're thinking of Daniel Igali. He's from Nigeria, became a Canadian citizen 6 years ago, and probably did Canada the proudest at these Olympics. It was a joy to see him win. But a rather dismal performance by Canada as a whole at these Olympics. 14 medals total, down 8 from the Atlanta games.

Darth Turbogeek

Yeah Reaper in size maybe, but the UK has 4 times the people. Holland has got more than 19 million too, correct?

If you ever come over here, you would know what a empty place Australia. It's just sand and rock for most of it, that and 4 million kangaroos.

It was more joy for Sydneysiders to see how damn well the Games were run. The closing ceremony (which I watch on the forecourt of the Opera House and thence had front row seat to the fireworks) was amazing... The Olympic flame appearing to blast into the sky was incredible.

DvdJervs

It's just sand and rock for most of it, that and 4 million kangaroos.
    That's 3 million kangaroos too many. We ought to get the guns out.

The Closing Ceremony was awesome, though I was kind of disappointed for the noteable absence of stars I expected to be performing, like John Farnham and Tina Arena (they performed in the Opening Ceremony but I heard all week they were going to be in the Closing Ceremony too). Even more disappointing was the complete lack of John Williamson in either ceremony (he did some entertaining before the Opening Ceremony started but nothing major like what the rest of the stars did).

On a positive note though, I loved it how they got out some of the stars whom I haven't heard of in a while to sing some of their old classics (like John Paul Young with 'Love Is In The Air', Jimmy Barnes with 'Working Class Man', and Men At Work with 'A Land Down Under').

ReaperFett

But no Rolf Harris!

DvdJervs

Who?

He was in the 1982 Commonwealth Games in Brisbane as the singer of the main song.

Maybe it's just me but I can't see Rolf performing with the likes of Barnes, InXS, Midnight Oil and the like.

Then again, I couldn't see Slim doing it either, but he did anyway.

ReaperFett

Jeez! You get Greg Norman, Elle McPherson and PAUL HOGAN, but no Rolf! Madness! Nearly Spoilt the whole Olympics! He could come out of a giant piece of Wobble Board, shouting 'Can you guess what it is yet?' and singing 'Tie me Kangeroo down sport'! Genius!

DvdJervs

Hogan looked pretty lost out there.

BTW, what was Norman hitting into the crowd? Not real golf balls surely.

ReaperFett

Bet they were. Just like something out of a Leslie Nielson movie

Bromine

Looks like they brought out the mummified Paul Hogan for the occassion. They don't do that much anymore.

ReaperFett

He is out for Dundee 3, may as well use him to the full

Jedi Master Kyle

Steve Irwin should do Crocodile Dundee 3!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234