Thread: What do cops and priests have in common?

Stern

Closed Roleplay [X-Men] What do cops and priests have in common?

It was a joke Stern heard back when he was in high school. What do cops and priests have in common? They both hear confessions.

But it was the priest's job to forgive and absolve. It was Stern's job to punish.

The captain of the Los Angeles Police Department Mutant Crimes Unit opened the doors to the large Catholic church in search of Father Lucian, the pastor. He was going to need the man's help, though not for a confession.

Priests tended to be everywhere during the day: the sanctuary, their offices, their living quarters, or just out and about. Stern headed towards the church offices, nodding at Jesus as he passed the sanctuary doors.

When was the last time he went to Mass?

Lucian
    Father Lucian was sitting in his office just around the corner from parish sercataries office with his door pulled to but not closed. He had a belief that the priest, no matter how busy his day was, should be available to his flock. He pulled out his rosary and found where he was when he was last interrupted,

"The third glorious mystery. The descent of the Holy Spirate on the Aposles and Our Blessed Mother."

With that he stood up and started pacing slowly behind his desk as he meditated on his prayers.

In the parish office a young lady sat at her desk as she filled in Father's schedule. Looking up at Officer Stern as he walked in she gave a warm smile,

"Can I help you?"

Stern
    "I'm Captain Michael Stern of the Mutant Crimes Unit. I'm with the LAPD. I need to speak to Father Lucian, please. I need to ask him a few questions."

Stern cast about that the brochures, knick-knacks, and bric-a-brac while the secretary summoned Lucian.

Lucian
    "Someone to see you Father." The lady said through the speaker phone. "He will be with you in a moment." She told the detective as she motioned to a chair next to the door.

"I'm here Grace." Father announced as he turned the corner still in process if weaving his rosary onto the centure. Looking up he smiled when he saw it was the new famous detective. "Ah! Detective Stern. This is a surprise." He said as he reached out his hand as a sign of welcome.

Stern
    "I must be better known than I thought. Father, I need to ask you a few questions in relation to an investigation involving Anna Fernandez and her non-profit organization Redencion House. Is there a place we can talk without being interrupted?"

Lucian
    "Yes Detective," Father said as he ushered Stern the way he came in. Turning to the secretary he added. " Grace please cancel my next two appointments." Turning back to Stern he lead him past his office down the narrow corridor. "We will have more privacy in my study at the rectory."

The housing for the priest was up a set of stairs, above the offices. Unlocking the door he showed the Detective in. The decor was never to say the lest, one table in the dinning room/ kitchen with a crucifix over the entrance way. Through there was a small living room with a small couch from what looked like the 1970's, an entertainment center with a TV with am icon of St. Joseph on top.

Through there was a short hallway that deadended in the bathroom with two other doors right across from each other. Taking the door on the right Father invited Stern into his private study which housed one desk with what looked like an ancient crucifix in the center against the wall, a pile of old books, and a wooden arm chair slid up against it. Lining the other three walls were three large bookshelves load with very very old books, and few new books. In the corner stood a tall lamp with a rather comfortable arm chair. Father motioned for Stern to take the one in the corner ad he turned the other to face it and sat down.

"Now Detective what can I do for you?"

Stern
    "I need to speak with you about an incident that occurred at Redencion House a few days ago. I understand you visited the House and that while you were there, you were accosted by one Apollos Apatmos. I need you to tell me about what happened that day."

Lucian
    Taking a deep breath as he nodded to the Detective in agreement to tell his side of the story. Looking at the detective he started his tail.

"I was invited to dine with Mrs. Hernandez and the children of the House after hearing Mrs. Hernandez's confession. I arrived a bit early, which is par for me in any case. Shortly after the meal had started and durring the show of the different abilities within the House Mr. Apatmos showed up quite unexpectedly. This shocked the whole house hold. Almost all conversation stopped, except one. Little Jamie had decided to keep Mr. Apatmos company as he dinned in the kitchen. It was durring this conversation that Mr. Apatmos discovered that Mrs. Hernandez was with child."

The priest leaned back into his chair as he paused to make sure that the detective was able to keep up with him to this point.