Thread: 3rd Fleet Action

No Spam 3rd Fleet Action

Hey there,

In looking over the site, I see that there aren't any recent posts by the Alliance 3rd Fleet. Are they still active? If so, I would like to have my character stay in the Mon Calamari Theater.

If they are not active, which other fleets are active?

Just a quick FYI - the Third Fleet isn't in the "Mon Calamari theater". A quick run-down of where the fleets are, and what they are doing:

First Fleet - Harassing Imperial shipping "north" of the Core
    Second Fleet - Defending the Mon Calamari Sector
    Third Fleet - Harassing Imperial shipping "west" of the Core
    Fourth Fleet - Defending Sullust; harassing Imperial shipping "south" of the Core
    Fifth Fleet - Defending the Bothan Sector

If you're looking to be around Mon Calamari, you'll probably want to be with the Second Fleet. There aren't any active Fleeters there at the moment, but it is the hub of the Navy and Political aspects of the Alliance, so there's potential for you to have characters to interact with regardless.

The Third Fleet is led by Admiral Reshmar. Last I checked, he had some plans relating to Kashyyyk, but unfortunately I haven't managed to catch him on IM lately, so I'm not sure what state those plans are in. It might be worth trying to get in touch with him via PM / IM / etc, just to see what is happening - he should be able to give you much more background as well.

The Fourth Fleet has a Task Force (42) that is currently deployed in the sectors surrounding Bespin (which is currently an Imperial "stronghold"). Their mandate at the moment is to keep the Imperials off-balance, so that their counter-piracy efforts will be less successful. We want to keep them disrupted and distracted - it's part of a global/galactic effort by the navy to keep the Imperials on the back foot. If you want to be involved with that sort of thing, shoot me a PM, and I'll be able to give you a bit more background.

The Fifth Fleet isn't actively roleplayed at the moment, the same as the Second Fleet, but Bothawui is the hub of SpecForce and Alliance Intel, so there's a possiblility that you could get involved with some of that kind of stuff, having your ship "borrowed" for their operaqtions, and stuff.

Excellent. Thank you. I think that the 3rd fleet will be good as it will present me with a chance to enact my vendetta against the Empire at Iridonia. I'll contact Reshmar to see what he has planned for Kashyyk and where he can use me.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Cap.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ever seen a Phoenix that rose from the ashes of a cigar?

You have now!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Kraken
    We have a fifth fleet?

I'll have to edit my posts then for the creation of the sixth fleet at Mustafar.

I can start a 7th fleet. I will call it the Dark Force and it will be 200 Vics.... hmmm. How come that sounds familiar?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Just an FYI Iridonia and it's surrounding sector are controlled by Independent aligned Moff.

But feel free to send sorties and attack the Imperials in the sector as they haven't 'outed' themselves to the Empire just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post
    Just an FYI Iridonia and it's surrounding sector are controlled by Independent aligned Moff.

But feel free to send sorties and attack the Imperials in the sector as they haven't 'outed' themselves to the Empire just yet.
    Excellent. Another obstacle for our intrepid hero to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Phoenix View Post
    We have a fifth fleet?

I'll have to edit my posts then for the creation of the sixth fleet at Mustafar.
    You're creating a fleet at Mustafar? I thought you were just building ships to feed into the other fleets?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ever seen a Phoenix that rose from the ashes of a cigar?

You have now!
    AKA
    Kraken
    It's not a combat fleet. It's a regional fleet, which will be composed of forces for raiding, for defense, and for vessels built until they are assigned to other commands as needed.

EDIT: Actually, if we had just one fleet dedicated to new construction, with differing Task Forces for construction on the various planets (Say TF#1 is new construction at Mon Calamari, TF#2 Sullust, TF#3 Mustafar) that would be pretty awesome and help clear up some of the confusion).

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Phoenix View Post
    It's not a combat fleet. It's a regional fleet, which will be composed of forces for raiding, for defense, and for vessels built until they are assigned to other commands as needed.

EDIT: Actually, if we had just one fleet dedicated to new construction, with differing Task Forces for construction on the various planets (Say TF#1 is new construction at Mon Calamari, TF#2 Sullust, TF#3 Mustafar) that would be pretty awesome and help clear up some of the confusion).
    That's a good idea.

The alternative would be to group the Task Force under the local fleet (Fourth Fleet). We've already got Task Force 40 as the force defending Sullust itself; and Task Forces 41 and 42 deployed to the "right" and "left" of Sullust respectively; given Mustafar's position, maybe we could make that Task Force 43, which is the rimward counterpart of those two?