Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Latest Additions: What's new in your collection, '05?

The Saga figures have started hitting Canada before the U.S. You may actually get a headstart on us for a change.

JMK
    Yeah, that would be true - if I had any intentions of collecting that line. Which I don't.

JMK
    My parents just got in from Atlanta and brought me my Separation of the Twins figures as well as the Obi Wan Lava Reflections. Sweeeeeet.

Comics
    Clone Wars Vol. 7: When They Were Brothers

So, didja see this?

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/s...s20051221.html

As usual, a rip-off from the fan club price-wise, but I ordered the danged thing anyways, because it's one of their more sensible and interesting exclusives. A heck of a lot better than that pukey Vader Christmas ornament, that's for sure.

Yeah, I ordered a couple. 3 of the figures are new scults so that's pretty sweet. I also wouldn't be surprised if the paint ops are a bit different on Zett.

JMK
    I laughed when I saw that. I haven't ordered yet but I may after Christmas.

Did anyone read the 'behind the scenes' part of Papanoida's bio? It's pretty funny and you could probably argue that there's a subtle reference to Lucas' opinion of Pres. Bush.

JMK
    Vintage MOC Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Figure.

Sweeeeet. I've always wanted go get into these figs.

Originally posted by JMK
    Vintage MOC Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Figure.

Sweeeeet. I've always wanted go get into these figs.
    Nice...., you should get a case for it ASAP.

Titanium ARC 170 (large)
    Titanium Speeder Bike

And a very Merry X-Mas to all.

JMK
    It came in a case.

She's a smart gal, that lady 'o mine. She went to legends action figures (legendsactionfigures.com) to pick it up. She wanted to get something from the ANH-ESB era but those figs were just too expensive. Can't say I blame her, they're outrageously costly.

So, I was at Wal-Mart this morning and I saw 3 of the new Saga figures--Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Bib Fortuna. And I came to a surprising and slightly sad realization.

I'm done.

Collecting of SW action figures and toys is basically over with for me now. Now it's just going to be resculpts, repackages, yadda yadda yadda, nothing really new or worth getting excited over. Since I'm not a completist, now's as good a time as any to stop. Unless they come up with something really nifty and unique, say, something as original and fun as the Unleashed line, then I won't need any more room in my already cramped apartment (and storage area), and I'll have a little more cash flow as well.

Sad, but true...it is done.

Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
    So, I was at Wal-Mart this morning and I saw 3 of the new Saga figures--Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Bib Fortuna. And I came to a surprising and slightly sad realization.

I'm done.

Collecting of SW action figures and toys is basically over with for me now. Now it's just going to be resculpts, repackages, yadda yadda yadda, nothing really new or worth getting excited over. Since I'm not a completist, now's as good a time as any to stop. Unless they come up with something really nifty and unique, say, something as original and fun as the Unleashed line, then I won't need any more room in my already cramped apartment (and storage area), and I'll have a little more cash flow as well.

Sad, but true...it is done.

And this is why the line is slowly but surely heading towards a major rough spot. There just aren't enough pathological completists like me to keep it going indefinitely. But, I do think that the line will get a boost as soon as the animated and live action series get going. New characters and material will breathe some life into the line.

JMK
    It's going to become a niche thing for sure at some point. The 2 new series will get pushed big time. Then the next special editions from Lucas will spawn an entire new line of figures. Then there will be anniversary collections and other repacks. But Eb is right, there's not enough maniac completists out there to keep it in the mainstream forever.

I'm all but done too. Depending on how cool the new series look I may get in to those lines. But for now, I'll basically call it quits unless something special really grabs my eye. I'll also try to find the last 12 RotS figures but it won't be a big priority. Other than that I *may* delve a little more in to the vintage line at some point. That may become my long-term project for the future.

In the end, there's just so many different Vaders, Lukes, Hans etc figures that I can justify having. As it is I must have a dozen Darth Vader figures in the collection. How many do I really need? I can't afford to keep giving Lucas my money for essentially the same things in a different box.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112