Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best SW Lightsaber duel

JMK
    While you're right in that respect, it's not the moves and the style that wins all the points for me. It's the emotional subtext involved with all of the duels in the originals that put them over the top for me. With the exception of Kenobi & Vader in ANH, the original duels win the day for me. Anakin vs Obi Wan in RotS is up there too though. All the rest of the duels in the prequels may look great, but don't carry the same importance and emotional weight as the originals.

Victor Crestmere
    Go Qui-Gon!! XP

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Luke vs. Vader in ESB is tops for me, followed closely by Obi-Wan vs. Anakin in ROTS and Luke vs. Vader from ROTJ. The ROTS and ROTJ duels are about equal in my mind, despite that I have always felt the Luke/Vader/Palpatine conflict is the best overall moment in the entire saga.

JMK
    Ah Fig you're speaking my language!

Luke vs. Vader in ESB.

Not only because of the emotional impact ("I am you father!"), but also the scene where Luke is looking for Vader down the corridor and Vader suddenly lunges out and nearly cuts him in half scared the crap out of me when I first watched it.

JMK
    I wish there would have been more of a cat & mouse approach to the RotS final duel instead of constant intensity. I think it would have done wonders for suspense, even though we all knew what was coming.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    I'm in a stalemate over the fact that I love the Qui-gon, Obi, Maul duel asmuch as I love the Obi vs Anakin EP3 fight...

In the end I went with Obi vs Anakin cuz I love the musical track that plays during the duel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12