Thread: 6 SW DVDs out this fall

JMK

6 SW DVDs out this fall

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...Fall_93105.asp

I really hope that there aren't any more changes to this version. I hope RotS is just the standard fare we've reveived for TPM and AotC and that the rereleases of the OT are the ones that came out last September. I think Lucas would be pushing his luck with the fan base if he made those obsolete already.

TheHolo.Net Poster

This is not the Empress you're looking for

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Dani
    Cool. I look forward to purchasing episode III. My first sequel I actually wanted to buy

I agree with you on the OT. It would be silly to not package what has been released in DVD form previously.

I will be buying ROTS the day it comes out. Widescreen, of course.

He hasn't had time to mess more with them. I bet we get some addes scenes to ROTS like Yoda going to Dagohba perhaps but outside of that I don't expect that much different from the other two.

JMK
    I think with the timeline involved, the DVD version of RotS will have only what we see in theaters. I doubt there will be any changes to the actual movie, but we will get some deleted scenes as usual.

He could add a scene like he did with TPM but I don't expect more than maybe the yoda scene getting added into it.

Darth McBain
    I'm hoping that the 3 and 6 DVD sets will only be compilations of the existing DVDs and not new editions or having new special features. I think for this round I'm just going to buy ROTS widescreen to finish out my collection. Unless they're offering something really awesome with the 6-DVD set, I'm not getting it. They shouldn't, considering how recently they released the OT on DVD, but you never know...

JMK
    I would really not be surprised if there was all kinds of new stuff on the 6 box set. I can easily imagine all new artwork for the 6 movies which would make a nice set. I can also imagine some kinds of extras which aren't on the current release. I really hope it's just a bare-bones set until Lucas makes more changes.

And this is the reason I still haven't purchased ANH, ESB, and ROTJ on DVD. I knew this was coming.

JMK
    I'm glad that I bought them when I did because I scrapped the VCR. Lately the OT has been getting plenty of action so I'm glad I have the DVD's.

I still have way too many movies just on tape to trash my VCR just yet. Plus I still occassionally record stuff.

Not to hijack the thread or anything.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    DVR for recording stuff... I <3 my DVR

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'll just pick up ROTS as an individual DVD. I'm not paying for another boxset, after I just got the OT for Christmas. I actually need to buy TPM on DVD too, since I only have that on video

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    I'll give my original DVD's to Christin, and THEN buy the box set

The box set would have to be jaw dropping for me to get it, I suspect it won't be anything that new though.

MercZ
    I haven't bought any star wars dvd's yet, since I've been waiting for a set like this. The only star wars thing I have is an old original star wars trilogy on VHS. But it won't be too different I guess, so if anyone has been buying the dvd's individually, there just probably be some extra special features, probably nothing special.