Thread: Play Time is Over

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley

Play Time is Over

Yog's Bar & Grill was an island of contradictions. A Casablanca of sorts where good guys shared drinks with bad guys, and everyone was content to keep the charade alive. The galaxy needed two-faced dives like this. Somewhere it was convenient to lie to others, and even yourself. There'd be a lot more dead people around if you couldn't do at least that much.

A couple of tough guys did their usual business up front, and patted me down.

"Vymes, Coruscant Watch." I flashed my shield to the boys, who weren't all too impressed.

"Don't care if you're Leia Organa. Only the Masters and Knights of the Order get to pack in here." One guy jerked his thumb back at the sign above, which echoed the sentiment.

"Yeah, well..." I pulled my blaster from its dog-leg, and passed it to the guards. "...I've still got jurisdiction here. This isn't the Temple."

The guards shrugged. "Thats fine and good, but you ain't packin here."

I shrugged at them, and stepped between them. "Suits me."

I headed for the bar, keeping my head on a swivel for somebody that could be useful to me and get a couple of questions answered.

Yaudren Aza
    Was it out of character for a Chiss to be here? Perhaps. Was it out of character for a Chiss to even be off his or her own homeworld? Perhaps.

But every species had their own small group of individuals who behaved so differently from the accepted norm that they had to leave - had to live elsewhere.

And Yaudren Aza was one of those beings. She had always bucked the system, so to speak, and what she found enjoyable was not exactly what a Chiss was normally known to find 'fun'.

Yaudren Aza was a drug lord. Well, at least one of the two that held sway over Chiba District, and she and her partner flourished in their territory. The two had built a name for themselves, made contacts with the other major pushers, and had established a rather comfortable niche for themselves on Coruscant.

But, every now and then, the female Chiss found the need to relax and enjoy a quiet day away from the normal schedule she followed daily. And that was what brought her to the Bar and Grill. She'd been there for almost an hour now, situated in a back booth with her partner. The two had enjoyed drinks, and light conversation as patrons came and went.

The droid that had been waiting on them trundled by, and Yaudren waved him over.

"Another bottle of Barabel Vodka."

A smile, and the Chiss turned her one good eye to the other woman opposite her while pulling a box of stims from her pocket.

"Please continue, Tari," she spoke, offering a stim to her friend, "I'm rather enjoying this story of yours."

Tari Celebran
    Tari took a stim stick and began to relax in the ectasy it offered. She took a drink from her glass and closed her eye slightly just having glowing slits as her eyes. She took a puff from her cigarrette through one of those fancy holders and then began to tell the tale..

"Well, as I was saying; I was out hustling the new girls. You know making sure they weren't holding out. Well anyway, I had profits to make. The bitches were doing alright. So I figured I sale some goods and relax in the topless club...."

Long ago, Tari would have never thought of doing such things, but then again she was always told how to live her life, for the sake of honor and tradition. Her people were big on that, especially when she was of the Maraudo house. They boasted how Grand Admiral Thrawn, who was considered the greatest tactician of the age came from this house, so Tari had alot to live up to. But girls couldn't be Syndics. Oh no, they had to be good and obedient and not question what they were told- which Tari did often.

Eventually it snowballed to the point where Tari could not take it anymore and she left her homeworld Csilla. Wasn't much there since it was a iceworld and everything was underground by the planet's core. So, she went all over, mostly in the outter world territories, until she met Yaudren. The two women had alot in common, for one being of the same species and defying the norms of their society. Tari liked to think of herself as Pioneer in the woman's movement.

While outside their realm, Yaudren showed her the ropes in the criminal world. Tari, being a lawyer picked up rather quickly. The trick behind law was find loop holes and to bend things to your will, besides upholding them. And that Tari did. The two women mostly did business in the outter territories where no one cared.

But it was a dog eat dog world, not easy for two women, especially when they're not human. So a few times, Tari had to have her Noghri body guard take out a few competitors.

"....I was in the club, getting a private dance and all when who showed up. A small group of Jedi came in to shut the place down. Something about them doing slavery. So that was my cue. I took the two dancers that we giving me a private show and left through the back door. So I didn't make a sales that night. But we got two more honeys in the hive. And they've been bringing in a lot of honey."