Thread: Arawn and the Ehiztari

Star Wars Arawn and the Ehiztari

Arawn
    Late 20s :: Human/Force Users/Ehiztari :: Hunter

Currently in: Unknown

Character Background

• Arawn was taken in as a child, along with many others, by a sect of anti-Force extremists. Their purpose; conform them to the idea that the Force and all its adepts are a malignancy in the galaxy that needs to be expunged. Train them to resist, counter, and vanquish every adept until only total equality remains.
    • The hunters were subjected to physical trauma in the form of training, intense interrogation, and brainwashing all on behalf of the sect's religious fanaticism. At times, they were ordered to kill one of their own if they could not comply with the precepts set forth by their superiors.
    • Despite this, Arawn and his fellow hunters, who are on the verge of carrying out their inaugural purge, have formed a most fluid and impactful camaraderie; one that will always be tainted by the fact that one day, when the res of the galaxy has been cleansed, they will have to turn on one another as a final test of faith.

Raw Material

• Arawn specializes in the resistance of mental force techniques and utilizes Jar'Kai in combat.
    • Scarred from his initiation, he rarely takes off his mask.
    • Only a few years into his training, the order came down to execute a hunter who he had grown particularly close to. He cut him down without a hint of hesitance.

Plot Ideas

• A number of politicians and officials from every region of the galaxy have funded the clandestine activities of the Ehiztari.
    • It is entirely possible that a Sith could be pulling the strings of these superiors, hoping to thin the current proliferation of Force Users.
    • The finality of the hunters' training is punctuated by their first independent kill and the procurement of a weapon taken from their mark.
    • The Ehiztari will focus initially on settled, outlier planets to amass experience before taking the hunt closer to the Core.
    • Arawn will undoubtedly have a crisis of faith at some point. It would take a lot to push him to that point.

Existing Relationships

• The Hunters: Arawn has a few fellow hunters that he is closer to than others, predominantly those who function in his unit.
    • The Council: Rarely appearing in person, these individuals distribute orders and training regimens for the hunters.
    • Sedris - The hunter who Arawn killed when he was younger.

Current Plots

• Arawn's next test awaits; locate a Force user, kill them, and relieve them of their weapon.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I really like this concept! Excited to see the avenues you take him down, and I have a few Force users that I may throw into the mix

I could see some of my characters encountering him and being on the path of his arc.

Khalid
    This guy might be an interesting fit for one of those politicians / officials. He isn't a public figure... more of an Illuminati sort of vibe, making nudges/suggestions and trading in favours rather than wielding power directly, but he believes in creating/endorsing something bad in order to cure or fix something worse - a la Palpatine creating the Separatists and causing the Clone Wars to purge corruption from the Galactic Republic. He has ties to the Rebellion, giving the Empire something other than the populace to take it's anger out on; and has a similar background role in supporting the Resistance on Corellia for the same purpose. In the backstory for our TFA setting he has a hand in uniting the Alliance/Empire into the New Republic, but also in creating the First Order as an antagonist to unite them, and in forming the Resistance to hold the New Order in check.

He also has/had some involvement with the Inquisitors (specifically with the Black Archives, a group that rounds up and locks away dangerous stuff in a Raiders of the Lost Ark sort of vault), so he's definitely invested in / interested in getting a handle on the Force user population. Potentially, he might be something of a middle man, helping the Ehiztari figure out which politicians/officials to approach, etc?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jenny
    Very interesting...

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    There is significant opportunity for storytelling should the Ehiztari ever become known to Eleutheria, a group of primarily darksiders that act as protectors of the force. Their mandate is primarily freeing those force users captured, imprisoned, or otherwise restricted by others and giving them the freedom to choose their own destiny rather than becoming guinea pigs or weapons. The Ehiztari pose a great threat to the force and they would not hesitate to do everything in their power to destroy it; if they ever learned of it's existence in the first place.

Likewise I would imagine that the Ehiztari would take steps toward trying to put an end to Eleutheria, who are essentially Force Terrorists. Eleutheria operates out of a roaming group of ships, which makes them difficult to track down. They also often operate alone or in small groups, and have a clan of Mandalorians at their disposal. Coupled with many powerful darksiders they are a powerful even if small organization.

I'll hopefully have some open threads up soon so we can make some of these encounters happen.

Khalid, it seems like your character is exactly the kind of manipulator that the Ehiztari needs. Feel free to message me with any ideas you might come up with. If I see an opportunity arise in the course of my writing, I will keep you posted.

Like the Eleutheria, the Ehiztari will have no specific power base and will move around from sector-to-sector as their purging process progresses. I could definitely see their respective members clashing and often. Hopefully, I can even get a few more writers to portray some of the hunters so we can be a more formidable force for such a rivalry.

If anyone has any Force adept NPC acquaintances that they don't mind sacrificing to Arawn's plot, I have it in mind to start up his final initiation test soon. He'll be killing them and taking their lightsabers for his own use. Good opportunity for some hate between characters, at any rate.