Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Érinthe Hetetlen

Movies The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Unless I'm going totally blind (which is entirely possible), we don't have a thread for this yet!

Entertainment Weekly has a first decent look look at Jaime Foxx in his full-on Electro get-up. And it looks... pretty damn different. There's some sort of Lightning Elf vibe going on with the dude, which is a pretty radical departure from the green and yellow lycra and the weird star mask that he usually wears.

The image below it is of Peter and Harry (well, unless the actor dresses like that IRL I guess). I'm not sure I like that Peter looks way cooler than Harry... but I guess we'll see next year.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Felicity Jones is teasing her role: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...-spider-man-2/

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

First trailer. I love the section at the end with Spider-Man [web-slinging away from Elektro]

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    It didn't do much for me, to be honest. There was just too much being thrown at me, and it was all a bit of a mess. I get it though, I know who the target audience is, and I can forgive the poor marketing (that poster, too!) as long as the film delivers. When the first film was being advertised, I had the same reaction and didn't go the cinema. It wasn't until later, after hearing good things, that I checked it out at home and thought it was great. Despite that, though, I do get the niggling feeling they're showing far too much, especially considering this is the first trailer to be released.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I have no idea what's happening or who anyone is, except perhaps [Green Goblin] and it's all sort of feeling like Spider-Man 3 with too many villains but I'll be watching it anyway so.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Dec 5th, 2013 at 03:23:49 PM.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Yeah, I don't really know what is going on in the trailer, I just really liked that one visual aspect

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    After watching it was I concerned that they might be trying to do too much. It looks extremely busy. We're looking at a rekindled romance between Peter and Gwen, Harry playing games while Norman is still dying from his disease while his company pursues animal genetic hybrids; which will no doubt create god-complex Elektro through some kind of Electric Eel hybrid experiment, and on top of all that they are fitting (robo suit?) Rhino in there somewhere. I'm guessing that Rhino's role will be very small, perhaps some kind of opening fight to set the mood. Wop, bop, boop he's defeated and you don't see him anymore for the rest of the movie kind of thing. Hopefully not so much to become another Venom.

I'm really excited for this movie, despite how grim this trailer is making it look.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Someone on Facebook said something about the [Sinister Six] but I don't know who/what those are so.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

I don't think the Sinister Six will be a factor at all. The Original Sinister Six was composed of Doctor Octopus, Elektro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman, and the Vulture. Basically a bad guy team up to beat Spidey. While the trailer does show a Doctor Octopus tentacle apparatus and a Vulture wing apparatus, I don't think they'll be shoving more villains into the movie. Likely those are just fanservice.
    Last edited by Zereth Lancer; Dec 5th, 2013 at 03:36:04 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    [It's a group of Spidey's enemies united against him. There was a brief glimpse in the trailer of something looking like wings and octopus arms, during a clip inside OsCorp, which might be setting up the Vulture and Doctor Octopus for future appearances. Certainly, it seems unfeasible for them to appear in this particular film - but maybe Amazing Spider-Man 3?]

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I worry that they've shown too much and that there's going to be too many villains a la Spider-Man 3, but overall, I felt this was a much better trailer. The film looks great, and I like the humour in particular.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    I'm still excited. Especially since seeing the 3D trailer not too long ago. Looked sweeeet.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

I am absolutely floored by how good this movie looks. I realized that people are worried about too many villains/Spider-Man 3 syndrome, and it might suffer from that, but I have a feeling it will be an amazing ride regardless.

Jamie Foxx's social awkward hero-idoling nerd even in the briefness of the trailer shines like a star, and I am more excited to see his Electro than any other aspect of the movie. I have a feeling that the Rhino's part will probably be really small, maybe an opening fight to display just how far Spidey has gone. Maybe it's while fighting the Rhino that he rescues Foxx in the "eyes and ears" scene. The only plot that feels tacked on is the Osborn one, but I have a feeling it'll weave in and out the entire movie as an ongoing thing while Spidey is busy dealing with Electro and Rhino. Green Goblin feels unnecessary though, and that's the only thing I feel unsure about. I feel that the title "enemies unite" is misleading, seeing as each of the villains appear to be fighting at different places/times in the trailer; such as Electro on the streets at night, Rhino on the streets during the day, and the Green Goblin in some kind of enclosed space (likely the inside of Oscorp). Likely it's just Osborn being ultimately responsible for pitting them all against Spidey, not that they are fighting him simultaneously as a team.

Again, super stoked for this movie. This summer is going to be great.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Final trailer: