Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith. Episode III Box Office Thread

Dutchy
    Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
    Yeah, I had a feeling there might be a small boost on thursday. It seems to have stabilised, which is good news. Next milestone; fastest to 300M, which I am confident it will make.
    Yeah, it has a good shot at the $300M record.

jjwr
    Very nice, after the Monday #'s I think we got a bit of a false sense of hope of it being able to take the record but at least it tied it. Now the 300M should fall, though this weekends take will definetly be key.

Also impressed neither TPM or AOTC increased on its second thursday, they both had slight decreases. I think that is a good sign for future legs. Also SM2 had a huge advantage with the 4th that is why it has the record.

jjwr
    SM2 had a lot more going for it for the front loaded start, a 4 day weekend and then another friday, considering it had a regular weekend and 5 week days Ep3 did just fine

I'm going nuts and predicting $90M for the 4 day weekend. The Devil isn't far behind with around 87M. If eithe one of us is close that should put $300M within reach Wed. or Thurs. I don't think a double digit Tues. is a realistic guess. I think the next couple of weeks after that should give plenty of younger fans a chance to get in repeat viewings. Schools will be letting out for summer around the country. My son is done next week and I'm finished on June the 10th. Time to pile up the summer viewings.

Master Yoghurt
    I really hope youre right Jedieb. If it makes more than 90, its TPM type of legs, and we could start calculating scenarios for 500M..

I allready concider 400M+ a lock at this time.

Dutchy
    Originally posted by Jedieb
    I'm going nuts and predicting $90M for the 4 day weekend. The Devil isn't far behind with around 87M. If eithe one of us is close that should put $300M within reach Wed. or Thurs. I don't think a double digit Tues. is a realistic guess.
    Tuesday is only its 13th day, it has another 4 days to break the record, which would include another Friday and Saturday.

Should be a piece of cake, even with a $75M 4-day weekend, or so.

Shrek 2 holds the current record with 18 days.

JMK
    Very close friday evening at the cinemas. RotS falls to #2 for the night and needs to finish the weekend if it wants to be #1. I think it would be a huge shock if it dethroned as #1 after only one week.

1. The Longest Yard $15,750,000
    2. Revenge of the Sith $15,470,000
    3. Madagascar $14,030,000

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    We're going to see it again tonight.

JMK
    Us too, gotta pitch in and help the cause! And just to make sure I help as much as possible, I'm going to the most expensive theater in town! Digital baby!

Jinn Fizz
    I'm going to see it again tomorrow, and I know of at least a couple of people at work who were planning on seeing it this weekend. And I think my sister and a good ol' friend of mine are planning to go as well. So we'll definitely do our part.

I think ROTS still has a great chance of being #1 for the weekend...WOM on both The Longest Yard and Madagascar isn't all that great. And even if they do decently, they'll drop off sharply next week.

And even if ROTS does fall off more than we expected this weekend, I don't think I'll be totally surprised...it sounds cliched by now, but the very dark tone of this one could cause repeat viewings to be a little lower than for the previous movies in the series.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
    And even if ROTS does fall off more than we expected this weekend, I don't think I'll be totally surprised...it sounds cliched by now, but the very dark tone of this one could cause repeat viewings to be a little lower than for the previous movies in the series.
    I agree - I saw AotC about 10 times while it was in the theatres, but I'm not sure I'll manage more than perhaps 4 times on RotS. That, and money is a bit tighter with a house payment this year.

Well, 85M-90M looks like a dream, but #1 is up for grabs.
    Friday's Estimates
    1. The Longest Yard $15,750,000
    2. Revenge of the Sith $15,470,000
    3. Madagascar $14,030,000
    4. Monster-in-Law $2,690,000
    5. Kicking and Screaming $1,270,000

Quadinaros
    Hmm...

I'll guess The Longest Yard finishes the 4-day weekend 3rd, while ROTS and Magadascar battle it out for 1st. Unfortunately I'll give the edge to Magadascar, cause it should get a big Saturday and Sunday bounce.

Not to worry, ROTS will be back on top by Tuesday, then we'll see what happens next week.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456