I know that hockey isn't a huge draw south of the border, but know that we have a few around here who are follow. It's going to be an interesting playoffs this year after the short season.

Don't have a full read on the NHL like I usually would being in China, but here is my best guess.

EAST:

PIT vs. NYI - Should be PIT in a walk. Biggest question is when does Crosby come back. This one is maybe the only one that has a 4 game sweep.

MTL vs. OTT - As a Leafs fan I'm trying to figure out how both of them can lose. Should be a fairly easy time for MTL but OTT has been surprising this year.

WAS vs. NYR - WAS was one of the hottest teams down the stretch, but over the course of 7 games... Comes down to two things. 1) can NYR shut down Ovie. 2) if they can shut down Ovie can WAS get scoring from someone else.

BOS vs. TOR - Ugh... My heart wants the Leafs to pull something out their hats, but don't think they can do it. Only real question is how gassed is BOS after all of those games at the end of the season. I don't think it'll affect BOS in the first round, but it'll probably come back to bite them later.

WEST: (don't know the west as well so...)

CHI vs. MIN - Don't think MIN can put up much of a fight against CHI.

ANI vs. DET - In the past this might be scary, but DET isn't the same without Lidstrom. Should be no problem for ANA.

VAN vs. SJ - Could be the upset of the first round. I don't like VAN personally, but what I know about VAN this year is that they are unpredictable and their PP has been brutal. The twins need to score, if they don't...

LA vs. STL - Don't think that LA is going to repeat, but don't think STL is going to be the one to send them golfing either.