Thread: Til Death Do Us Part

Threaded View

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Erin

Open Thread Til Death Do Us Part

The morning of the royal wedding had arrived.

'If I tell you, will you listen? Will you stay?
    Will you be here forever? Never go away..
    Never thought things would change, hold me tight.
    Please don't say again that you have to go.'

She'd risen with a smile on her lips, tucked safely into strong arms and sleeping more securely than she had in recorded history. Her bliss had been short lived when she recalled what day it was, however. As the first grey hint of morning chased the darkness from the sky she was forced to face the days coming events and say goodbye to what she wanted most. Despite a slew of half-hearted, teasing protests, she knew he had to leave, but not before she'd made sure to roll around her satin sheets with him a few more times, wrapping herself in his presence, like a mantle she would never shed. Several kisses later he was gone from her sight, following the shadows as they retreated from the morning light. She had no fear of discovery. If Salem didn't wish to be seen, he wouldn't be. It was as simple as that.

A bitter thought, I had it all, but I just let it go.
    Hold your silence, It's so violent, since you're gone..

As the sky turned from slate to rose, her lady's maid, Lira, knocked discreetly on the door. Clearly even she had not seen the departure of the Prime Minister, or was wise enough not to mention it. Not that Lira would betray them, she was ever their faithful confidante. She also knew that this marriage was not what her lady wanted and wisely remained somber as she began the mornings preparations. Without morning sickness for once, Razielle bathed and sipped at some tea while her undergarments and stockings were laid out for her. After drying off and rubbing a light floral oil into her skin, she sat on the edge of her bed and began rolling the delicate silk stockings up her legs, which were then fastened by Lira to equally delicate lacy white garters, edged in pale violet roses. Next came the lacing of a corset to her slender frame as she stood before a gilded oval mirror, staring at her own reflection in stoic silence.

The dress and veil remained, but she would wait until her Maid of Honor, Queen Adraudia, arrived to finish the ordeal. Other servants drifted in and out bearing trays of breakfast to tempt her, but she had no appetite. Politely declining them all she ceased hearing the knocks upon the door, just wishing that they could hurry up and get on with the whole thing..

All my thoughts are with you forever, 'till the day we'll be back together.
    I will be waiting for you..

(Lyrics - Bittersweet, Within Temptation)
    Last edited by Razielle Alastor; Aug 18th, 2008 at 09:18:37 PM.