I initially shrugged off the reshoot news as well, but some of the reports on why and how are concerning to me. Rumors that another director is being brought in to help with the reshoot scenes, that the Disney execs thought it wasn't enough like The Force Awakens or A New Hope. Gareth Edwards entire premise was to make a more gritty war movie, which I think is very fitting for this specific story, and he was apparently very open about this, but now this approach isn't correct according to some? There's a rumor floating around that there was a scene in the first cut in which Vader shows up and completely slaughters a squad of Rebel troops, and this was one of the scenes that the execs couldn't stomach because they wanted a more family friendly movie.

Reshoots that are necessary to redo a scene or add some small piece of content are normal. Reshoots that are done to completely revamp the core of a movie rarely turn out well. Hopefully this is just the Star Wars hype machine making a mountain out of a molehill.