You weren't on the same page as the rest of us as far as Checkmate goes. Now you are, and all you had to do was edit one word in one post. That is all that has happened here. No big deal.

If you want to avoid this story arc, that's your prerogative, but I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Being on the same page as your fellow writers is important - that's how writing in a shared sandbox works. Sometimes there are little hiccups along the way, and it's no big deal. If we'd shown up at the Fortress of Solitude, and I had started talking about there being cages full of alien zoo animals, and caves and tunnels like you get in the comics and the cartoons... you would probably have said "oh hey, I was imagining it more like the crystal fortress in the movies", and I would have gone back and edited my post, and it would have been no big deal. Stuff like that happens occasionally.

Me asking people not to mention Checkmate not yet? That's not a rule, that's a favour. I've been waiting three weeks for a reply in the thread that is laying the groundwork for Oliver's stuff, and I am asking my fellow writers to be patient and let me get myself situated before we jump into Checkmate reveals. That's not me trying to stifle everyone's creativity, that's me being stuck in a sucky position, and asking the people I write with to do me a solid for a few weeks. That's all.

There's nothing to be paranoid about. This is a mole hill, no need to make a mountain out of it.