Khoovi grimaced, looking at the goofy grin his dad was sporting in the hologram, and sighed.

"Yes," he said, both embarrassed and proud at the same time. He was slightly on edge and defensive, as the unit must have seemed like such a classless affair, but any sort of conversation he could have made to attempt to distract Jeryd was stopped at the sound of thuds and pounding foot falls that seemed to reverberate through the walls. The two only had time to look at each other before the door slid open and a wide eyed and panting Shistavanen of similar colouring shoved his head through the widening gap.

"Khoovi!" the monster growled, and burst into the tiny unit and swept the little puppy into a hug. "Khoovi! Sorry I'm late, had a leak over in building twelve and I had to rush over. Sorry the place is a mess, the call caught me while I was out shopping for tonight!"

He dropped the little puppy and tousled the little mane he'd grown, and stomped over to the balcony to pull open the balcony door, and a large bag of foods, seeming small when compared to his frame was visible for a moment when he turned around. He then stomped back and tossed the bag into the kitchen unit with a deftness that might have been missed while he straightened the place out.

"I'll air the place out a bit, I missed you, Khoovi! I got to brag about you to the Duros over in building fourteen, you know the ones, those haughty gambling parlor owners, the ones who tried to get their daughter into Tarkin Memorial, but they didn't believe me! Can you believe that? So I ran back here and grabbed those holograms of you, the ones you tried to keep the Citadel from sending me, your hologram and the still and your dress uniform pictures. Your mother, oh, she would have been so proud of you, son. Just proud. Like me! Well I showed them those and you should have seen their faces, son! Oh, they looked so shocked! I almost laughed myself to tears, and you know how hard it is to do that! Say, you didn't say you'd brought a friend, here, here!"

The Shistavanen crouched down to look Jeryd in the eye and smiled at him.

"Hi there! My name's Gruff Wan, and I'm Khoovi's dad. What's your name?"