Originally posted by darth_mcbain
It's not like it is a special community anymore...
Our mothers say we're special, so there's that!

Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Despite that I don't post much anymore, I do wish everyone well and hope that Star Wars continues to bring each of you wonder and joy.
I'm still bummed that we weren't able to meet up during/after Celebration in Chicago, but things happen, and the stars just didn't align this time. I did get to see my aunt and uncle whom I've not seen in over 25 years, since they live literally 15 minutes away from Nav/Miranda, so that was pretty damn awesome.

We'll have another opportunity, though, I just know it!

Originally posted by Fredal Rabeak
I am very happy with where we are now, and the long and lasting friendships I've built here.
If there was anything good that a certain old roommate in Seattle did, it was introducing us. From that initial Redwall 'board' where you introduced me to Andrew, to here, I am forever thankful that we still keep in touch. I love being the stopover of sorts, and I also love it when you're able to pass through. Perhaps one day we'll actually plan a vacation where Alabama is your destination <3

Originally posted by Vega Van-Derveld
...but we are a much stronger community now than we were years ago.
It's crazy how we have all come together. From big gatherings like DragonCon and the Nerd events to the smaller get-togethers that sometimes only involve two or three folks. There is a closeness that really can't be quantified.

Originally posted by Atreyu
The fact that SW-Fans is still here after all this time with a small but active community is a true testament to the community here who have kept it going.
We're small, but we're powerful!! There's a passion that we all have, and that keeps some of us coming back even if it's just a quick check-in. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of folks that I hope wander back, like Blake Hawke, Wyl, Wei, Zeke, Nup, Syrius Cline, JediEb, Hera, Dai, and Daq to name a few, but I also know that - as I said before - real life sometimes keeps us away.