Thread: Rayfe Avery: Mercenary Commander

Open Rayfe Avery: Mercenary Commander

Rayfe Avery
    mercenary_by_trishkell-d3gmfk6.jpg
    38 as of 10 ABY :: Corellian/Independent :: Mercenary

Currently on: Lorta

Character Background

• Grew up during the Clone Wars, inspired by footage and reports from the holonet to join the Military .
    • Focused solely on a career with the Imperial Army through his younger years.
    • After seeing how the Empire treated other species he chose not to join. With no other skills he became a hired gun.
    • A skilled fighter and capable leader of men, he takes jobs where he can find them.
    • Doesn't care for the Empire but will work for them because they pay.
    • Not convinced the Alliance can unite the galaxy with their failure to take the core. Sees them as Separatists 2.0 but will work for them if they offer enough credits.
    • Refuses to work with the Hutts. Has been screwed over by them or their lackeys too many times.

Raw Material

• Has many friends still on Corellia. Visits when he can.
    • Experience and leadership abilities have him recognized as at least a Sargeant, but more often the NON-COM position of Staff Sargeant.
    • Believes in victory through tactics, strategy, and not having to completely annihilate the enemy.
    • Collects Clone Wars era memorabilia and reads romance novels. His favorite is "The Twi'lek Connection".
    • Isn't an officer because he, "works for a living".
    • Owes favors to several Spacers due to needing rides to get to jobs on different sides of the galaxy.
    • Sometimes is remembered for collateral damage caused by men under his command and is looked down on or paid less because of it.
    • The Cold War has been good for mercenary work. Proxy wars and battles are keeping hired guns busy.

Plot Ideas

• Training a group of Stormtroopers on being better soldiers and better thinkers. The Troopers later defect.
    • Has a adversarial relationship with a few members of the ISB who think he'll lead them to a big target. Really they're mistaken.
    • Mission to rescue/capture a VIP with opposing sides pressuring him for the VIP.

Existing Relationships

Current Plots

((OOC if anyone has any thoughts about the last two sections, let me know. I'll be trying to talk to people in chat.))
    Last edited by Rayfe_Avery; Aug 18th, 2018 at 01:00:16 AM. Reason: Finishing.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    One thing to be mindful of is the timeframe of the setting. It’s over a decade since the battle of Endor, and the Rebel Alliance has become a nation - The Alliance of Free Planets. So it’s worth noting that the good guys can certainly pay for the help now, though whether it’s competitive pay is another story

Hey Rai'faani,
    I managed to make the correction and add a little bit more. I'm still not sure what to put for current plots because I'm not sure whose, if anyone's, in progress thread to join and existing relationships is a similar problem. Plot ideas are easier to fill in once I get my feet wet.
    What are your thoughts?

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Don't worry about current plots too much, a lot of folks haven't filled all of theirs out either, since that portion is very fluid and you can come back and add in things as you go along.

I gotta say, I'm loving your raw material section. The little quirks and interests - to me - are what give a character depth, and this little factoid of him liking romance novels is fantastic

Thank you Loklorien. I believe you have to add a few simple character traits so they feel like fully fleshed out characters before they get a lot of screen time.
    Hopefully I'll start Role Playing soon because I'm afraid if I don't that I'll just keep making additions.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    You've got some great details that make for some solid character depth.

Just so you know, your user name can have a space in it. If you want that changed feel free to post in the communications forum https://theholo.net/forum/forumdispl...Communications