View Poll Results: Should we upgrade the existing chat-box to a fully integrated chat room?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 38.89%
  • I don't have a strong opinion either way (Yes)

7 38.89%
  • What we have is fine (No)

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: User Poll: Integrated Chat Room

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    No one said we wouldn't consider an IRC option. We don't have a specific chat room to implement at this time, I was planning on leaving it up to Ogre which one he thinks would serve best.
    As this thread has shown though, how a chat room is implemented makes a difference. That's why I asked for clarification right at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    We all use a bunch of different methods for chatting and carrying on. We have no intentions on replacing anything The only thing we're asking in this thread is whether or not folks want to upgrade the chatbox on the site itself.
    No one said you had intentions of replacing anything.

I'm just suggesting that, if we're going to add a chat room anyway, maybe we can kill two birds with one stone here. Find a solution that is better for everyone, so we can all chat in the same place instead of chatting in several different places. After all, one of the cited reasons for wanting this was to help show how active the boards are: surely it's in our best interests then to try and find a way for as many people to use said chat, so the boards look as active as they can possibly be?
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    It's a simple query that we've postulated here, and one we are voting on because Ogre wants to see that a majority of people here would like to have an upgraded/updated chat box/room/whatever on the board before we implement one. I've stated everything I have to say on the subject - there is no need to make this into a big deal. It isn't a big deal. We have a cbox already, so do we want to upgrade it or not?

In 2013 we expressed interest and had enough people 'voting' positively on the subject to have a chat room implemented by Ogre. A few months later the boards were upgraded to a new version and the chat room modification was erased, and was not redone for the upgraded vbulletin. Ogre wants us to vote on it again, so we are.

The yes votes outweigh the no votes right now, even if you don't factor in the "don't really have an opinion" votes, so I think we have an answer already. However the poll is still open for more votes, should there be more people around who wish to take part.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Fair enough.

For the record - if you'd explained that's what the vote was about in the first place, I would have voted differently. Helps to be clear about what it is you're actually asking.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I think the polls intention was quite straightforward from the first few posts of this thread.

If you'd like your vote changed, we can do that.

Well... we've gone from "this is how it will work" to "we haven't figured out how it will work". The firet few posts of the thread present it as getting yays or nays on a specific option, when in reality it's gauging interest, with the specific details to be determined later. I'm not sure that quite qualifies as straightforward?

Not that it matters though - like Holly said, you have an answer already.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    The new chatbox has been added.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12