Thread: Jaded Jedi looking for work...

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo

Star Wars Jaded Jedi looking for work...

Abarai Loki, no longer enamoured with the idea of being a Jedi, has left Ossus in search of greener pastures. He has enough credits to travel, but what he really needs is a modicum of stability to ease him into his new normal life. What he wants, to paraphrase Pulp, is to rent a flat above a shop, cut his hair and get a job, smoke some fags and play some pool, pretend he never went to Jedi school.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. If there is a place in your story for a lackey, please consider Loki, because he needs something to do. Of course, your plans don't have to be entirely mundane - I'm happy to indulge shenanigans, too.

My gut instinct is to send him to Jovan Station, and give him a job as a glass collector in a cantina or something equally banal, because it is a location with plenty going on, where people of all walks of life pass through. I'm holding back on doing something like that just yet because I first wanted to see if there was anywhere else he would fit in.

All ideas welcome. I'm sure you will find Loki the Lackey to be good-humoured and agreeable...

Jovan would be my knee-jerk suggestion too.

Bar-wise, Charley has established one or two NPC Cizerack places, then there's the Shatterstar Lounge (which has a brothel in the back), and Sarah's thinking of setting up a Zeltron "embassy" (which is code for "place that uses diplomatic shenanigans to sell duty free booze", basically). I don't think there's been an explicitly "human" bar though, so if you're hankering for a Paddy's Pub type vibe or something instead of mixing in with one of the existing things, there's definitely a niche for that as well.

There's also a tailor's shop, and there's Yon the Butcher (who is a butcher) if you wanted to tie in with something extant, but beyond that the world is your lobster. I have a weird mental image of Loki wearing an apron working in the Star Wars equivalent of Subway (Subspace? ) or Starbucks... some place that's easy for people to pass through even when they're on duty, because it's for food or coffee or some such.

Nothing explicitly springs to mind... but if you wind up on Jovan, my characters will frequent the bajeesus out of whatever establishment you end up working at.

Loki could consider alternative states with Dave Skywalker while going from point A to B

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I think I've fallen in love with the Clerks-inspired convenience store angle. If you have ever dreamed of writing a retail grunt - and who hasn't!? - now is the time!

Unless there actually is someone interested in doing this with me, I can see me doing this thing similar to Charley with his Vek Vek vignettes.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Ben is always available for an unlikely adventure! The idea of a Jedi seeking normalcy would probably tickle him.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Ben's pretty good at providing the anti-Jedi Order experience, Wyl can testify to that.