Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One

Rogue One Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Until now, I have been kind of "meh" about Rogue One - I just was not as excited about this one as I would be for the official "Episode" movies. However, I have to say I like the look of this trailer quite a bit. Excitement just got ratcheted up a bit...

I thought it was a great trailer and really hit some terrific nostalgia points. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Boom!

Star Wars Dirty Dozen

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    that was awesome! I now need some ice for my nerd boner...

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Why didn't Disney buy the rights to Star Wars sooner?! Why did we have to wait so long for all this goodness

TheHolo.Net Poster

Trailer looks very promising. Excited to say the least. I want to know who is in the bacta tank after reading all the rumors.
    [[XXXXXX]]==================================>

Retired writer for Hwoarang, Ice Fox, Pal Vader, Jehovah

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/rogue-one-ima...and-1777051381

More info on character names - plus two new ships and some awesome poster-ish art

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Oddly, I wasn't stoked about this movie but once I read through this article and rewatched the trailer, I need it to be here now

I can't wait for this one as well as Episode VIII next year. I definitely agree, I wish George would have sold to Disney years ago, but love what he created.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I got to see the trailer on the big screen yesterday and got misty eyed. So excited for this!

Sometimes I do that just hearing the theme music. lol

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-reshoots-2/

Apparently Rogue One is in for some re-shoots. Personally, this worries me. One of the things I loved about the originals (and the prequels, for that matter) is that they have been made mostly in isolation from "the suits". Like them or loathe them, at least George Lucas made the movies _he_ wanted to make, and didn't bow to executive pressure.

Whether these new movies are good or bad, I at least want to see the director's vision played out, and not a "designed-by-committee" movie that just follows a prescribed path for what "the suits" think a movie should be.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Re-shoots happen for all movies - maybe a shot didn't turn out the way a director intended or they look at the edit and it needs an extra scene for some clarification. I'm not worried.

oh what a tangled web I weave

The explanation I read earlier was that the first cut of Rogue One was a bit too "serious"? The execs felt that there wasn't enough fun/levity in the story to match the tone of A New Hope, and since Rogue One ends where Episode IV begins, they asked for reshoots so that they match up a little better.

So in other words... they're reshoots to make it more Star Warsy? Which is probably not a bad thing.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Given all the people that are involved and where they had worked in the past, there was probably too much slant toward Saving Private Ryan and other movies like that, so it's understandable. I can't wait to see this though.

TheHolo.Net Poster

While the initial reports indicated the execs thought the movie was too serious, there are now reports that the reshoots are happening, at least in part, to include a cameo of Alden Ehrenreich playing young Han Solo.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogu...an-solo-cameo/

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    They did reshoots of entire segments of TFA when Harrison Ford was injured and the whole part in Ireland was shot only weeks before the release. I am not that scared of reshoots if this does not mean that they have to do an entire alternativ ending.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    This part of the article really stood out to me:

Director Gareth Edwards (who also helmed the recent Godzilla remake) set out to make more of a war film rather than a classically structured Star Wars adventure movie – which is allegedly one reason why Disney execs weren’t keen on the vibe of the spinoff’s initial cut.

I hope Mr. Edwards is able to keep as much of the war movie as he can, since that was what has me so excited for this movie. I love my Star Wars adventures make no mistake, but I also want to see something more gritty and angry, and shows that war, even in a galaxy far far away, is a painful thing.

I couldn't agree more. I love the sarcasm in most of the movies, but having the chance to actually see how dark war is in that galaxy only makes it more real.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Exactly. I mean, yeah we got a hefty gut punch (regardless of some of us expecting something bad) in TFA, but I really think the franchise will benefit from being shown off through different lenses. We have our adventure flicks through the Eps, and I'd really like to see the Anthology films expand and really push the boundaries of the Star Wars universe in both style and subject matter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast