Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SW-Fans to TheHolo.Net Progression

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    We do still have multiple URLS, but they are all forced to http://theholo.net as soon as you navigate anywhere on the page. My old relative URL forum tricks don't work in this vB version. Quick account Switch will have to suffice for now.

http://www.theholo.net
    http://www.sw-fans.net
    http://sw-fans.net

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    The new mobile style is pretty snazzy, but I admit it'll take me a few days to get used to. One thing I noticed right off the bat is that I can now see images in mobile. Also I have a lot more options than I did in the previous one.

One thing that I like is that if I really feel like it, I can switch to the other stylesets which I couldn't do before.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I'm looking forward to flattening and inverting the colors on the mobile style set.
    Oh dear.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    I will work on Spoiler tags soon! I know they are broken in all styles.

The mobile style is snazzy.

Had a play with the tags, and they look pretty useful. I can see it being helpful when we're doing arcs like the Dan/s'Il stuff and the Vanguards arc, or with groups like Rogue Squadron, Shadow Squadron, the Novgorod, etc: you'll be able to click on the tag and find all the other threads that have been tagged to match it, which is probably easier than trawling through forums or search results.

We're only able to add two tags, though. Is that a changeable setting within the software, or is it set in stone?
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    The mobile style is snazzy.

Had a play with the tags, and they look pretty useful. I can see it being helpful when we're doing arcs like the Dan/s'Il stuff and the Vanguards arc, or with groups like Rogue Squadron, Shadow Squadron, the Novgorod, etc: you'll be able to click on the tag and find all the other threads that have been tagged to match it, which is probably easier than trawling through forums or search results.

We're only able to add two tags, though. Is that a changeable setting within the software, or is it set in stone?
    A new thread starter can use 5, replies can add 2. It can be changed, but its probably bad practice for some reason I am currently not aware of.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Purveyor of the Finest Faux Halos in the Verse!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Demetra
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyDecadence Steam ID: TheSpartanWitch
    I have no issues to report - just wanted to comment on how amazing it looks so far!

"Computer, coffee, hot. In a cup this time!"

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Spoiler BBCode has been fixed and is now working just like it did in the past.

Worship the simplicity.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Bummer!!! Spoiler text is displayed in the Activity stream....gotta figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolo.Net View Post
    A new thread starter can use 5, replies can add 2. It can be changed, but its probably bad practice for some reason I am currently not aware of.
    This is only possible through the New Thread screen (you can't retroactively add 2+ tags in by editing the first post), which could be a problem. it's very easy to have a brain fart and forget your tags before you hit post: I imagine you're only option if that happens is to nag admins to change things in the admin cp or what have you, which could end up happening often.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    I am of the opinion that a new feature that we did just fine without in the past does not need its default settings changed at this time.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    If you click on a poll in order to look at who has voted on what option, the names will not be displayed correctly. On IE you see them written on top of each other. I have not checked on this in Firefox. I have this bug in the Euro Nerd Poll Thread.

I am of the opinion that a new feature that we did just fine without in the past does not need its default settings changed at this time.
    *shrug* It was just a harmless suggestion. Seems a shame to have a new feature and not make the most of it.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    *shrug* It was just a harmless suggestion. Seems a shame to have a new feature and not make the most of it.
    Default vBulletin options are generally set for good reason and make features perfectly usable. For a feature that no one is really familiar with or has even used extensively, I think it best to stick with the default. When we have multiple people stating a change needs to be made and actual proof the change is needed, I will reconsider.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    If you click on a poll in order to look at who has voted on what option, the names will not be displayed correctly. On IE you see them written on top of each other. I have not checked on this in Firefox. I have this bug in the Euro Nerd Poll Thread.
    We will investigate. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    We will investigate. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Apparently the issue only appears on the IE at work. My IE at home shows it fine.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Apparently the issue only appears on the IE at work. My IE at home shows it fine.
    Issues like you describe can often be caused by a non standard size of zoom level within the browser. To adjust the zoom Level in IE hold CTRL and roll the mouse wheel up and down.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm having an issue with the Blues styleset, whereby on the main forum listing the 'new post' icon (that looks like a speech bubble) overlaps with the first few letters of the forum name.

This happens even if I zoom out on my browser (Google Chrome)

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Hold the shift button and press the F5 key to load the new icons. You have the old icons cached. The icons on the main forum listing should be the old yellow and white light bulbs, which are much smaller.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Aha! thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast