Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: SW-Fans to TheHolo.Net Progression

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    I have a problem. I wanted to write a blog post this evening but I had not finished it yet. So I saved the draft. But now I can't find a way to furhter edit the draft.
    Is it possible that I need a special permission from the Blog for this?

This is the URL of the Blog post:
    http://www.theholo.net/forum/entry.php?9-The-Phileasson-Saga-The-Story-so-far-Part-2

Update:
    I found out that when I go to the main page of the blog and click the create new blog post button. I can see my draft but if I try to edit it, I get the following message:

Crusader, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Apparently I do not have the rights to edit blog posts and drafts in a blog that is not my own.
    Last edited by Crusader; Aug 16th, 2013 at 02:54:39 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I wonder if there's an answer to Crusaders question?

oh what a tangled web I weave

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    It looks like it may be related to being in multiple usergroups (a member of secondary groups), and blog permissions being different in those other user groups, but I am not sure. There is no blog permission setting for editing drafts, and nearly everyone on this site is a member of multiple user groups.

Ahnk Rashanagok
    The new look is shiny. Thumbs up.

Now that we've we've broken in the new software a bit, would it be useful/beneficial/wise to maybe set up a Suggestions/Feedback Box type thread for little thoughts/feedback/etc on the experience people are having?

There may be some little tweaks/thoughts/requests that people have to make things more user friendly, but that probably shouldn't be clogging up the same thread as the tech support hiccups/etc stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345