Thread: June 26

Marcus Telcontar

June 26

I've done it finally - four years of not doing a damn thing, I've bitten the bullet and it's my return to rallying. The car is finally repaired, I'm fit.... and it's on, and it's about time. I can fit back into the racesuit, helmet's out of storage, I've got my race licence and gotten all those 101 details needed.

It's now up to registerign the rally car and its away! I'm seriously looking forward to that date - it's been far too long sicne I've been on the forest roads.

I've even lost 10 kg int he last year and a bit for this. Was supposed to happen earlier this year but a few things fell through. Not this time.

Two and a half months out and I'm already bubbling up and down in anticipation! well, it has been a long time and I'm excited!

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James
    Best of luck to you. Can we expect more videos?

imported_Jacali Danner
    Awesome, can't wait to hear about it!!! (Quay)

Marcus Telcontar
    Originally posted by Silus Xilarian
    Best of luck to you. Can we expect more videos?
    Yes. We're goign to try to rig a roll cage mounted camera for an interior video of a full stage at twilight.

Alpha
    Wow. Good luck!

imported_Natia Telcontar
    Good luck ol'gramps. Best let me know how things turn out.

Marcus Telcontar
    Oh, you'll know allright. Video and pics, no matter if it's a crash or a finish

Ruth Leofsiege
    Should we be standing by with bandages? j/k

Good luck.

Marcus Telcontar
    I hope not.

Update - Rollcage finally painted, some fo the bad welds ground back and tied. Realised the passenger seat is stuffed. Lowered the mounts so that someone over 6'2" can navigate - you need the navigator set low. Front lip spoiler being clamped into position.

(Alex) Jacen
    DUFF! *thats the sound of my jaw hitting the ground...I really need to stop doing that...my chin is bruising*

Wow...Rally driver...cool. I built a car out of lego...does that cound?