Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rite of Passage (Jared)

Gav Mortis
    "Very impressive. If you can keep it up see if you can move a second stone too. You're making excellent progess."

Gav hadn't expected Jared to be able to control the stones in such a way and it was this degree of concentration that would be key in abilities such as pyrokinesis. The thought of the next teaching step at this revelation encouraged him greatly.

Jared Mriad
    "... Sure... Gonner need a triple strength double shot expressso after dis," Jared replied, a deep sheen of sweat across his brow. He looked to the smaller stone, rather, glared at it for amoment, then quickly sliced that arm through the air to the other two stones. The second stone began to slide, very loudly with friction, across the other.

"C'mon, dumbshit, go..." He growled under his breath, swiping his right arm hard right... and launched the stone across the room. He issued a loud growl and, without purpose, dropped the heaviest of the three to center both focus points on the flying stone.

It stopped.

"Ya' dumbshit, ain't go nowhere yeh.."

Gav Mortis
    "This is multitasking with the Force, if anything." Gav commented idly, stepping up next to his apprentice after deciding it was time to up the ante. "The Dark side is fast and effective; it is thrilling and never a chore. Take pleasure in what you're doing, imagine the damage you could inflict upon your enemies when being able to wield such stones as weapons. Now--"

Gav took a small knife from his belt and jabbed it into Jared's side, the blade didn't go deep but merely broke the skin and with his free hand, Gav gripped his apprentice's shoulder in encouragement.

"Concentrate! Do not stop. Use the pain to fuel your power."

Jared Mriad
    "What in the bloody <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> are you doing?!" Jared hissed behind clenched teeth. Sharp, throbbing pains laced up his side, but the stones stood as were. Then steadied. And rotated until the two floating stones pointed at Jared and Mortis, they then began to do a slow rotation. Jared emitted a low, low, pained growl as he did as told, time and time before.

That third, heavy, stone began to resonate as it too was slowly lofted.

Gav Mortis
    "You are skilled, apprentice." Gav complimented, still holding the blade in Jared's side. Ever so slightly, he turned the knife left and right in the wound, making the task at hand more difficult. Hushing Jared's protests, Gav continued to whisper.

"There will come a time, possibly many, when you will have to suffer the blows of your enemy and simultaneously conduct your own offense. You must learn to use the pain you feel to fuel yourself to victory; a Jedi shuts out the pain and continues whereas we sieze the pain from our opponents and cherish it as a source of great power."

Pushing the blade in a little deeper, Gav added: "Finish this task and I will teach you a skill which will push you to the top in combat. All three stones and you will be rewarded."

Jared Mriad
    Jared growled, pushing every speck he could muster. It had been awhile since he last tapped that power, and now he waded into the pain. His hands shook as the newfound power began to surge from the fingertips. The third stone joined the other two.

<There, god-damn you. All <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing three, there! GET YOUR DAMN BLADE OUT OF MY SIDE!> He telepathically shouted.

Gav Mortis
    "Wait! Hold it!" Gav hissed back at him in a hushed voice. He looked up and watched the stones carefully, they remained steady.

"Remember this pain, apprentice, because what I am about to tell you will throw into sharp relief the reality of your future, this is your last chance to turn away and never pursue this path ever again. With time you will realise that as you grow stronger, the hold of the Dark Side tightens and it's will grows strong while yours weakens. The truth is this, the Dark Side will take of you more than it will ever grant and in time you will succumb to it's every bidding, it is merely a question of time. I am here to ensure that you hold onto what sanity you can throughout the course of your training and during your time with my people. You will grow powerful but it will come at a price. A very high price."

Suddenly, Gav pulled the blade from Jared's side, giving an aggressive twist as he did so and after casting the weapon aside, looked down to assess the damage. He had done what he had set out to do, blood flowed freely from the large, open wound and quickly, with one hand on his shoulder, he coaxed Jared gently to the ground.

"Lie down." He said softly, almost soothingly. "Now it is time to make a choice, apprentice. After all that I've told you about the pain you have experienced and all that you will suffer, do you still wish to assume the mantle of my apprentice? Are you willing to be instructed in the ways of the Sith? Yes or no. Either way you will die, be it by this wound, which I can heal, or through the long decay of time. Make the choice."

Jared Mriad
    He had this decision before?

Was it bleeding his life away, spilling blood that wasn't even wholly his into the tombstones under? He had made the choice before, and he stuck with it. Even to the point of death, it was his path of fate. His choice. His.

"Yes..." He forced out, holding a hand tight to stanch the flood of red liquid from his side. Right now, in the back of that warrior's head, a feral beast coaxed and coaxed and coaxed! Jared forced him away, forced that demon of Fallion away.

"...You do not know how much I would like to rip your throat out, but you're..."

He winced.

"...nevermind..."

Gav Mortis
    "Very well." Gav replied with a hint of regret. Observing the wound, he smirked.

"I lied before when I said I could heal your wound." Gav's smirk turned into a smile once he'd caught sight of Jared's face, he pressed his finger against his apprentice's pale lips and hushed him softly. A hand moved to the open cut.

"I am no healer but fear not, I can seal the wound until you can recieve proper medical treatment." He closed his eyes, hesitated then looking down at Jared one last time, added: "This is really going to hurt."

Then there was fire; crackling and hissing; slowly the wound was being burned shut and soon Jared would pass out from the pain and when that happens, Gav will take him to his new home.

"Tomorrow, your training will begin, Eralest."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123