Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And so it begins (De'Ville)

SashaKovalev
    The moon had not given him trouble, thanks to a bit of useful information given to him prior to his departure. S’Ilancy was a practiced pilot and knew many secrets about navigating through the galaxy. He’d caught her only moments before he’d left – she’d been returning from a trip herself, but on seeing her, he’d hung out for a few more moments to say hello and see how she was doing.

He much preferred having her around on Balmorra. She was, to some degree, a good way to keep he and his uncle from butting heads so often. She made Alexander lighten up just a bit when needed, and often reminded his uncle that Alexander, though in his twenties, still deserved sometimes to be able to act his age and have a bit of fun.

“It serves as a first line of defense rather well….” He’d replied in response to the King’s comment on the moon of Dxun. His tone was light, as if he were perhaps making a very small and inconsequential quip.

And as Giran then turned to De’Ville to speak with her, Sasha listened, taking in the tone of voice used and the words selected. He studied the way De’Ville interacted with this man, for it would give him some sense about Giran until he got a chance on his own to begin to know him – to understand the way he worked. What would push his buttons. What would anger him or what would allow him to think more clearly. So many factors. So much to learn.

He was seated now, allowing his back to rest against the back of the chair. His hands rested on the arm of the chair, a finger on his left hand absently playing with a very plain platinum band that he wore.

His senses were alert. And for the first time in a while, he felt alive again. He felt the challenge of something new. And a small smile settled over his lips.

“Admittedly some of his politics have worn off on me over time,” The Dark Jedi interjected, an almost impish smirk replacing the smile, “But I’d like to believe Im still open to other views and ways of doing things.” It was clear from the way he spoke that he thought fondly, respectfully of his uncle – but that he was someone of independence who would make his own decisions based on his own beliefs.

Giran of Onderon
    "It would seem we something in common," Giran responded to Sasha. "My father ruled our world for many years, and having grown up around his court, it was difficult to not pick up on certain things, even though it was not always one of my first interests."

"There are days that would much rather be just the Captain of the Beastriders than also the leader of a world," he said reflectively, sipping his wine. "But, these times don't allow for it, I'm afraid."

"Of course, new ideas are why are here, right?," he looked to first to De'Ville, then back to Kovalev. "It's taken some convincing, but I have agreed with Lady De'Ville's request that I learn more of the... abilities that she and you possess."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    De'Ville brought her wine glass to her lips, barely tasting the bittersweet liquid as the two men conversed. So much hinged on this conversation. "It would be to your benefit to learn how to control consciously that which you use unconsciously, Giran."

Giran of Onderon
    "Indeed," Giran responded, genuninely interested, but slightly annoyed at De'Ville's comment. She was a master of double talk, and would often hold back information if she felt it was to her advantage. This irritated Giran greatly. Most times, he held his tongue, for though he was king, she was still far more powerful than he. As were her companions. He had to play along... for now.

"Perhaps now would be a good time to elaborate on these powers that I supposedly control unconciously?," he questioned, pressing his agenda forward. "To this point, you have been rather reluctant to tell me anything."

SashaKovalev
    Certainly, Sasha had understood Giran’s feelings. Not that Sasha was the King of anything. In fact, sometimes he wondered if he was even the king of his own domain, for his Uncle did a rather good job of intruding upon that from time to time. His uncle, and most certainly Wargrave, the man who had been – who was still, to some degree, his master. Though advanced in his skills, there was still more that Alexander could learn. And most certainly, Wargrave was a man who could teach him.

But still – the feeling of just being nothing for once. To just be without any pressures – that he could understand. For being the nephew of Taylor Millard carried with it many pressures.

He listened with interest the interactions between Giran and De’Ville. To some degree, Alexander felt a hint of annoyance, perhaps even frustration or resentment.

"Perhaps now would be a good time to elaborate on these powers that I supposedly control unconciously? To this point, you have been rather reluctant to tell me anything

Giran was as impatient as he was himself. Sasha recognized this immediately. And it was something to keep in mind in the training of him. For this could be used in several ways – as punishment and as reward – in the right situations. It would also help to know when to push, and when to let impatience lead the way instead.

There was much that he wanted to know, more than he needed to piece together before he could agree wholeheartedly to begin the training – but for now, it was best, he felt, to sit back and observe. When it was time, most certainly, he would step in.

He gave a glance over at De'Ville, wondering if she would elaborate or not. He had not spoken with her enough of Giran to know what he had been told, or taught.

But one thing he did know was that Giran would make an able student. There was a fire to him, an agressiveness - and yet, there was composure. Yes, he was a man who was ready to begin training - beneath the right master.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    She remained cool, although the monarch pressed her for more information. "I have told you about the Force, and you have been taught about it in your formal schooling. Freedon Nadd, a powerful Force user once ruled here, a thousand years ago. You have the spark within you, Giran, and under the right tutelage, you could become the greatest king Onderon has ever known.

"Perhaps one day you will rule more than just this planet, as well. Perhaps." She left that possibility open, and hanging. "You already have greater battle instincts than any other military man on Onderon. You have tamed more beasts to the saddle, and had an easier time of it than any other. You even can sense danger, to a point. All these things point to a slight control of the Force. With help, you can do many, many other things.

"Alexander has come at my request, to see if Onderon suits him. He is a knight of the Force, able to teach others."

It would be an ideal relationship, Sasha wanted freedom from his uncle, and Giran needed a master. De'Ville sipped her wine again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12