Thread: Mortal Gods: Hold Me When I'm Scared

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    She inhaled slowly, and exhaled again. "I was once a part of the Sith Order. While a member of some prominence there, I was on a mission on Coruscant. My freighter was impounded, and I met an Imperial. He was ...quite high in the chain of command, and had many strings he could pull. We had a mutual respect for each other, once we stopped trying to beat the hell out of one another.

"I became pregnant with his child."

That statement lay in the air for a moment, and he could feel her body starting to shake again. After a few seconds she stilled, and continued. "I wanted the baby...more than anything. We got married, even though I knew he was following a different path than I. I wanted...I wanted to have a family. What I had been denied, growing up.

"It was foolish. I know this now. After a few years, we just grew apart. He was using me for information to feed to the New Republic, even though we had promised not to let 'work' interfere with our personal lives. I despise him for that... And now he raises our son on Coruscant. But Jax," she paused. "That's my son. Jax is three now, and I haven't seen him in over nine months. I miss him so much..."

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James
    Silus look back. It was clear in his eyes that he geniunely felt for her. Even farther back was a silent rage at the thought of a traitor. Even though Silus didnt have much room to talk, since he was pretty much non existant on Balmorra.

At least he hadnt joined the NR...

He saw the way her eyes saddened even more when mentioned her son. The thought only crossed his mind once or twice before he spoke...

"Well lets go get him."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She paused.

"I wish it was that easy." Lilaena traced a circle around one of his shirt buttons. "I believe he lives in the midst of the Jedi complex on Coruscant. And he's happy, with his father. I know I miss him, and he misses me, but I just don't know what's best for him....right now..."

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    "I dont think getting to see his mother would be bad for him.."

Silus paused for a moment. Family probably wasnt the best subject for him to give advice on. After all, watching both of your parents die, and killing your own sister doesnt quite make you an expert on the subject. But Silus knew everything, and he'd completely convinced himself that...

"If you love him, you should see him. Simple as that...."

If only things were as simple as Silus liked to make them seem..

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Oh, I will. But it has to be right. Timing is everything..." She pushed the button she'd been fiddling with through the buttonhole, and slipped her hand inside his shirt, snuggling closer. "I think...I think that Pierce..."

She paused, and then continued, "He is the one we encountered on Coruscant. Who tried to take me down. I cannot face him... I am so afraid of what is going to happen to me...and then what will become of my little boy?" Lilaena sounded as though she were holding back tears again.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "shhhh, its ok......we'll figure everything out.."

He held her close, whispering into her ear with soothing tones. Little ideas were springing around in his head. He wouldnt mention anything out loud though. She'd probably just tell him to drop it, or that he was crazy.

Oh well...

"Pierce who?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"My ex-husband. Pierce Tondry." She kept her eyes closed, snuggled close to Silus, and trying to forget the world outside of the room they were in.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus held her close to him, rubbing her shoulder gently to comfort her.

"Maybe an opportunity will arise sometime soon....You'll get to see Jax again, I promise."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She mumbled something unheard against his chest, and breathed deeply, starting to relax. "I know I will. I cannot live another year without him. He won't even know me anymore." Lilaena's mouth curved down as she spoke, lips trembling a bit.

She opened her eyes wide and stared at the ceiling, blinking rapidly for a few moments.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Cant really say that. A child will always recognize its mother. No exceptions..."

Silus gave her shoulder a squeeze and kissed the top of her head. The dim lighting in the room, mixed with his lack of sleep, began to make him slightly drowsy. Having her back in his arms was, at the very least, soothing. He pulled her too him and little and shifted his weight, slouching down into the bed slightly.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Silus shifted a bit more, and then kissed her neck. He drew back slightly when she didn't react, and found that Lilaena had fallen asleep in his arms.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    With a half grin, Silus scooped Lilaena up into his arms and started out of the room. It was probably no coincidence that the room he'd settled into wasnt far from hers, so it wasnt a long walk.

As he took her through her study, he saw the small metal cyclinder laying on her desk. Taking her into her bedroom, he layed her gently on her bed and kissed her forehead. He stared for a minute as she slept, then started back out and into her study. A few moments later, he had the object in his hands studying it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

About half an hour later Lilaena opened her eyes and found herself in her own room. She felt the presence of another person nearby, and slowly got to her feet, sliding off the edge of her bed. It was a short walk up the passageway to her study, and she found Silus in her chair, bent over the object she'd found on Vortex.

He had a book under his elbow, holding his place open as he turned the metallic object over in his hands.

"It is obscure, is it not?" De'Ville padded barefoot beside him, and kissed his forehead. "I have not gotten anywhere in my research on it yet. Have you found anything?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "I cant find anything that even comes close to the text on here. I sent a few copied samples to TC-10 awhile ago. He cant figure it out, and T25 cant find anything either."

Silus turned around to her and handed her the scroll, which was made of a metal he'd never seen before.

"I did find this though...See that symbol at the top?"

Reaching behind him, he pulled a book he'd found in her study. Part of the book had been converted into data entries, and was searchable in the main database.

"Have you ever been to Onderan before?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Where?" Lilaena turned the cylinder over in her hands and saw where he'd opened it up, discovering a scroll like interior. "Onderon... I seem to remember it from something I read having to do with the Sith War. It was a long time ago though, in the Sith Order's library."

She studied the runes on the scroll. "I bet Gav could read this." The woman pushed Silus' book aside and climbed into his lap to snuggle close to him while they talked. "Have you been to Onderon before?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "nope never......but this symbol right here at the top matched one in this book...I dont know what the rest are, but I think this one might be a family crest or something."

Silus narrowed an eyebrow toward Lilaena..

"And who the hell is Gav?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Hmm?" She looked up from the scroll, and looked at him, and smiled wanly at his expression. "He was a member of the Sith Order when I was learning there. Heavily involved with my master at the time... Anyway, he was into old Sith writings and runes if I recall correctly." De'Ville kissed Silus' cheek. "Not jealous, are you?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Im just not in the mood to have to kill anyone today."

He answered confidently, not giving a second thought to just how powerful of a Sith this 'Gav' might be..

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Mmm..." She leaned against him and looked at the scroll again, trying to see if there was anything that looked familiar. Nothing.

Wait...

She sat up, and placed the metal scroll on the desk, bringing up the lighting in the room so she could see better. "That is interesting."

"What's interesting...?" Silus looked over her shoulder.

"This...see those markings here? That looks like the name Freedon Nadd."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus glanced over at Lilaena, his eyes narrowed...

"Why dont you just make a list of all the men you know and I dont..."

He caught a glimpse of Lilaena's eyes rolling...

"Alright, alright, who's this Freedon Nadd guy?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast