Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Punk vs Metal

Dark Lord Dyzm
    When I think Death metal I keep thinking Cradle of Filth, I hated them. Unless you tell me otherwise, I will stay with Ozzy, Judas, Zepplin, and all the great Rock from the 70's and 80's. ANd yes, the WHO is awesome.

GraNi NaColu
    I can't stand Death Metal, like Slayer. I can't understand what they are saying? How are you supposed to enjoy a song, when you don't even know whats going on it?

Dark Lord Dyzm
    Slayer Is one of the bands I do enjoy, Raining Blood crazy cool

Straffe Stormrider
    The main reason I listen to Death metal bands is for the guitaring. Im a Bassist and I find the best songs to play with are Punk. Metal has some amazing bass lines too. Death metal dosnt really but thats a different story

imported_Taja Loraan
    Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm But Death Metal/Goth Metal is crap!
    followed by...

Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
    Slayer Is one of the bands I do enjoy, Raining Blood crazy cool
    :mneh

I can't stand Ozzy, and I loathe "The Osbournes". I've heard some pretty good covers of Black Sabbath, but I find John's voice so frelling annoying.

Tom Araya's vocals are actually pretty easy to decipher, GraNi. Try listening to grindcore (Pig Destroyer, Nasum, total<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ingannhihilation). It's impossible to figure out, even with the lyrics. Part of the reason why I love it so much.

I love the bass. I want one.

As far as punk rock goes.. I can't believe no one's mentioned Therapy? (I think they're punkish, anyway) and The Vandals! THOU SHALT WORSHIP VANDALS! Really, they're awesome.

Straffe Stormrider
    HA HA! I have my Bass and its my baby I love it so much. Its a nice Ibanez with a wicked Metal grey/green color. It is the most unique color Ive seen cause if you looke at it in a certain way it looks kinda green but in another way it looks smokey grey

imported_Taja Loraan
    Rub it in, why don't ya. :mneh Sounds cool. My friend had a black Ibanez, I think. Very funky. Right now all I have is a stooopid yucky acoustic thingy.

Oh, and.. listen to Pig Destroyer.

Dark Lord Dyzm
    Ok, I will listen to it! Just to make myself insane!

Any good songs I should download?

imported_Taja Loraan
    Most all of their songs are under a minute long. They have like, 40 tracks on each of their albums. Uhm... "Naked Trees" is over one minute. "Blonde Prostitute", "Ghost Of A Bullet", "Cheerleader Corpses", "Tickets To The Car Crash"... hell, it's all good.

Oh, and it's Total <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing Destruction, not Total <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing Annihilation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345