Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have I lost my mind? (Complete)

imported_Taja Loraan
    Her grip tightened on his arm. "Shelter..? I--I have nowhere to go..." She glanced quickly up at the battle before continuing with a trembling voice, "He won't.. hurt me, will he..?"

Nemesis
    "Anywhere you go is sure to offer more security than lingering here…" his harsh tone held fast, yet to be moved by the woman’s plea, "…and no. I doubt he will harm you, so long as you keep your distance; which you appear to be having some difficulty grasping the concept."

The assassin’s gaze left Taja to once again take up a wary spectatorship.

"This man will be dealt with accordingly. Now go!" were his final, commanding words.

Jeran Conrad
    The quick strike from the head of Andraq had completed its goal, knocking the Hunter off balance and breaking the saber lock. As he stumbled, the other came hard with a strong slash towards the man. With a quick block, the Hunter met the slash and and rolled his body into a rather athletic manuever. He put his free hand down (his left) and cartwheeled away from the block, letting his body regain its balance.

With no hesitation, he sprung forward into another combination of attacks. Each slash was blocked, and the two warriors appeared as dancers, swift feet meeting the other's as they expertly fended off the strikes of their respective opponents. The sight appeared blindingly fast to eyes not trained in the Force, and finally, Jeran broke the combo.

It was time for a change in pace.

With an outstretched hand, he called several small sized wooden crates towards Andraq, the three boxes flying straight towards the warrior. He then took a few steps forward. His plan was that, while Andraq was slashing the boxes to pieces, he would move in for an attack. He prepared his movement as the boxes neared their target.

Andraq Novkar
    Andraq back flipped into the air, but as he did his feet kicked a box, destroying it and the shards fell to the ground. As he landed and looked up to go on the offensive, another barrage of boxes was upon him. He looked past the boxes and saw Jeran. He had a plan!

Why must everyone have a plan but me?! I dunno, you tell me!

He had dodged yet another box while he was thinking to himself. He narrowed his eyes and smiled a grand smile to his adversary. He crouched down to the ground and landed on top of a small building, that was about 60 feet from the lower levels, and from his opponent.

"You really can see everything from up here. Well not everything. But you get a better point of view."

He let his eyes look to where the other girl was, with the assassin. He grinned and called out, trying to be funny..

"No no no! I wasn't laughing at you earlier! It's not my fault that I am so jovial!..Or is it?...Anyway! Why don't you join me? Perhaps we could talk, have dinner, maybe go back to my place?"

He grinned rather wide and then stayed crouching, placing his weight back and forth, he looked like a bird ready to fly...

imported_Taja Loraan
    She visibly flinched. Nemesis' indifferent mannerisms weren't doing much to alleviate her fears but, taking courage in the fact that he himself hadn't moved from his chair since the start of the conflict, Taja remained motionless. Her voice strengthened with defiance. "Why are you still here? He might hurt you too..."

It was then that Andraq spoke up. Taja canted her head to the side, staring back at him with a curious expression.

Jeran Conrad
    Jeran watched the lunatic flip up to the top of the building. Good, he thought. At least his troubles were now lessened by the fact that his opponent had concerned himself with acrobatics over combat. The end, for this man, would come.

He stood, readied, constantly keeping in mind the battlefield. Nemesis, the other girl, even the other girl, and his opponent. He would be ready for any attack as he waited.

Andraq Novkar
    "Oh quit staring! I'm not that pretty! But I am very pretty indeed!"

He craned his neck to stare directly at Jeran, to watch his movements, to see what he would do. Was that...over confidence in his eyes? Yes! He's overconfident that he can defeat me! Well maybe he can! No...He can't. But it's possible! Oh...Shut up! He brought up his free hand to scratch his head. He was doing this as he continued to think, his inner conflict playing out.

"SHUT UP FOR GODS SAKE!"

He looked to those watching him and then made a nervous grin, that turned into a wicked smile. He stood up from his crouching and twirled his lightsaber back and forth in boredom. He might even die of boredom. "Could I really die of boredom? How intriguing. One day I shall find out perhaps! As he came back to reality, once again from his thinking he pointed his saber towards Jeran.

"Round two? Yes, yes yes yes. Round two it is. So, coming dear?"

Jeran Conrad
    Jeran watched the man in a truly amazed stare. Few words could describe the look upon the Hunter's face. This man was...well, he was...he was off his rocker. It was quite obvious that he was insane, as was evident by his 'ghost' conversations. He seemed to speak to the air around him. It was strange...but somewhat intriguing. The man lived in a world totally unseen to the sane.

Intrigue quickly faded as Jeran focused his defenses as the man pointed his saber at the Hunter. Jeran's head cocked, steadying his gaze. Up until now, his opponent was quite squirrelly--all over the place, addressing numerous people at once. Jeran wanted his full attention. And, he knew how to get it.

"Round two? Yes, yes yes yes. Round two it is. So, coming dear?"

Finally...maybe. It depended. In most cases so far, this man's speech and his actions were very much separated. Hopefully he would take to some action this time. If he did not...Jeran would have to. He would. He would.

"Perhaps I should know the name of my opposing combatant today?" Jeran spoke, his saber poised to defend.

Andraq Novkar
    "My name? Bob Springer. Brother to Jerry Springer. Perhaps you watch his show? I was on it once, it was a huge ruckus. Something about men in white robes hating people of other races, manly people with black skin. Jerry blamed me for starting the fight, though I know I didn't. Did I? Anyway, what's your name? Are you related to someone famous?"

He stifled a laugh as he continued to skip and balance on the building's ledge. Then he felt his boot slip on a small patch of water and he fell. He didn't fall inwards to the building, no, he fell off of it, plummeting towards the ground.

This was definitely not good. He was twirling around and he closed his eyes. He was falling towards a lot of trash laying on the ground and he was still gripping his lightsaber. He wrapped himself up in the force on his way down and then a loud crash sounded throughout the area.

Andraq was laying in a bunch of trash bags, his lightsaber deactivated, yet still in his hands. He wasn't moving. It was as if he was dead.

Jeran Conrad
    Jeran eyed the fallen warrior suspiciously. That had been a pretty long drop, but with the aid of the trash bags and maybe even the Force, he could have landed safely. The fall, in itself, was odd. However, this new opponent was being to test his judgements on how far odd could go. Apparently pretty far.

Somehow, something told him that the man was far from dead. He could have been hurt, or possibly incapacitated. But not dead. If he was rendered unconscious, it wasn't fair to attack him now. It would be dishonorable. Though most darksiders would exploit any oppurtunity to stab him in the back or kick him when he was down, he would not.

"Well, Bob," he deactivated his saber. "I'll be standing right here when you deside to rise." He stood with his weapon at his side. He would not fall for some kind of trickery--he had fallen for it too many times before.

Andraq Novkar
    "I would have thought you cared! You never cared did you!??!?!!"

He flipped up, his lightsaber already activated. He pointed his hand to the trash barrels and raised them upwards via the dark side and he then pointed his hand towards Jeran. They flew at him, several hit him, but others he deflected.

Now apparently the man had not activated his saber yet. Andraq saw this, and took advantage of this. His bright blue blade glowed as he rushed the man. He lunged, his saber aimed at the mans chest. Avoided and Andraq righted himself.

Moving to the left, he arched his saber over and then downwards towards Jeran's chest, aiming to cleave him in two.

Jeran Conrad
    With what appeared to those untrained to view with eyes in the Force as superhuman dexterity and quickness, Jeran somehow managed to dodge a few of the barrels which flew towards him at incredible speeds. One hit him square, though, sending him stumbling, as the rest still hung in the air. They were almost a smoke screen, because Jeran never saw what was coming next.

Seemingly bursting out of nowhere, his opponent--we'll settle on Bob for now--lunged out at him with a furious attack. His blue saber blade was a blur of color as it swung towards him. Frell! Jeran hadn't even reactivated his own blade. This was going to prove quite troublesome. It was gonna take a lot here...

Lowering his body, time when into slow motion. He clicked the switch on his own weapon, the blade seemingly letting out painfully slow. It wasn't quick enough--so on to Plan B. Using the Force to aid him, he pushed himself backwards--trying to avoid the slash altogether. His body dodged backwards, but it was too late altogether. The tip of Bob's saber barely grazed his chest--the hot blade searing a burning trail through his flesh. It wasn't too deep, but the pain was still there.

"Dammit!" Jeran shouted as he crouched to the ground. His hand instantly went to his chest, the wound aching. That wasn't pleasant. But the difference between he and the other Jedi that Bob may have faced before was simple--Jeran let anger and emotion fuel him. The difference between Bob and Jeran was that Jeran let his emotion flow into the lightside, not through the dark.

He stood, a bit of crimson snaking its way down his chest. His saber came to both his hands as he flashed Bob a dark look, his eyes intense. Playtime was over. He lashed out at the man, unleashing a powerful two-handed combo. He was tring to break his defenses down, allowing him to attack while Bob was trying to block. Three powerful hits were thrown.

Andraq Novkar
    As Andraq tried to defend each powerful blow, he did so rather well, until it came to the last one. It was a lunge from the man, though it was blocked, it was not a efficient one. The lightsaber pierced through his left shoulder somewhat, and it caused Andraq to stagger backwards.

He screamed out in pain, anger, and rage. His eyes seem to loose the glaze that they had. His green pupils seem to go straight through Jeran. He knew this man! This man slaughtered his family, and burned them alive! He howled in remembrance as he was taken back to when he took revenge on the men who killed his family..

"MURDER!!!!! YOU KILLED MY FAMILY!!!"

His adrenalin was pumping as he took to the air from where he stood. He landed right in front of Jeran as he raised his saber, and brought it down quickly and powerfully into his. He kept on beating on his opponents saber with fierce ferocity. Seeing that he would not loose his weapon, but was now thoroughly struck with confusion. Andraq pointed his hand flat and thrust it towards his chest. It struck him, but it was force-enhanced. Causing the man to fly backwards into a wall...

"You scum! You piece of frelling scum! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE! And so you won't!"

He ran towards the man, anger and hatred taking hold...

Jeran Conrad
    Jeran's body slumped against the wall, his back sore and aching. He came to stand--only to see the figure of Bob rushing him at an incredible rate. Something wasn't right here--something had been stirred up inside of him. A hidden rage, it seemed. He was attacking Jeran as though he thought he was someone else. He wasn't sure if this was a dillusion or what, but it was definitely dangerous.

"You scum! You piece of frelling scum! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE! And so you won't!"

His saber came up for defense, but Bob's strike was too strong. It slammed his blade against the wall behind him, the tip of Bob's saber stabbing through the wall. Jeran barely ducked to get out of it's way. He rolled to his right, keeping his distance from the enrage and unstable man.

"I do not understand what you say--I do not even know you or your family." Jeran was attempting to grasp some reality, get hold of some kind of reason in all this.

Andraq Novkar
    "All sith do is lie, So I won't hear it! And you don't know my family! You raped my mother and sister! And then you slew them, burned there bodies! And when my father came to their defense you...you..."

Andraq was severely angry now. How dare he say he wasn't, who he was!? He growled loud with rage as he spun his lightsaber in an arcing motion. As he did so, he stepped forward, his blade met Jeran's own and he stepped back. He batted at Jeran many times, testing him, getting more aggrivated..

"Remember now!? My sister was only 15 years old!!!"

This man would pay! He roared out again and flipped backwards, he landed not that far away, but still a 15 foot gap. Andraq leapt into the air and kicked off from a wall. He landed infront of Jerran as his saber struck his. It stopped him. Andraq bore his teeth in angry defiance as he pushed off of Jeran.

In doing so, this gave him time to move forwards to the ground and spin his legs, in an attempt to take the feet out from under Jeran. It didn't work. Jeran had avoided. Andraq jumped up quickly, but then something happened... His anger subsided...

"Oh, my dear, I must have drifted off to sleep, did anything happen while I was away. A good death? Battle!?"

Jeran Conrad
    What in the name of the Force was happening here?

Jeran stood, an increasingly confused look plaguing his face. He could not understand this man--he tried to, he had patience--but now he was feeling very cheated by the forces of logic. One second, the saber of his opponent bore down upon him, a hot, stinging blade to sear and burn his flesh. The next...drifted off to sleep? As though he had no recollection of what had just happened.

Needless to say yet again, Jeran was confused on multiple levels.

"Sir, your ways are causing me many different and unconnected thoughts. I seem not to understand what is unfolding before me. Do you wish to continue this fight?" Jeran spoke, breathing heavily between words. He was still fatigued from the exchange that had just taken place.

Andraq Novkar
    "We fought!? Bah! Merely a scuffle! And I even told you about my good brother Jerry. Say, did I tell you that he was a talk show host?"

Andraq looked to Jeran. My goodness, what was he talking about? Andraq just smiled at him, his saber in hand, but he slowly clipped it to his belt. He moved closer...

"Were you drinking? I think your drunk! Say, you got any to spare!?"

Andraq moved even closer, but he didn't seem like he was going to attack at all. But he was an odd fellow. One moment he could be nice, the next deadly.... DEATH!!!!!!....What!? This guy is good, maybe we can go drink? Kill him!...No!

Looking to Jeran, Andraq seemed to be having a problem. He frowned and he started to get angry. He moved closer to Jeran and yelled....

"SHUT UP!! I'M NOT GOING TO KILL HIM!!"

Jeran Conrad
    At this point, Jeran had disengaged his saber, wanting to throw his hands into the air entirely and give up. He had lost all grasp on the situation and found himself wishing he knew exactly what was going on.

"I would agree that there is no need for killing," he spoke at last, giving Bob a funny look. Jeran backed up a bit. "I think I should be going." Not turning his back to the psycho, he backed away slowly. He made no motion to attack or to defend--he felt the bite of conflict seemingly dissapate. This wasn't a bad thing--he didn't know how to handle this man. He was fairly strong, but his unstable mental condition gave him quite an edge. Opponents had no idea what to expect from him. In that, he could count on being a tricky foe.

Jeran continued to exit, slowly--watching the man.

Andraq Novkar
    Andraq arched his brow and smiled. He lifted his hand into the air to wave him bye..

"Bye! I had fun! If you ever feel like talking or whatever, come find me. Or I will find you.. Which is it!? Just find me!!"

Turning, he looked at all the trash barrels, boxes, dead people, and crashed venders booths. He smiled and walked over to pick up and apple off the ground. He wiped it off and took a bite into it and walked away, his back to Jeran..

"Nice fellow. Little bit edgy though.."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12