Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The unluckiest little kid

Kwiet Ideya

The unluckiest little kid

Kwiet wandered in, looking around in wide eyed amazement. An alien pushed him from behind, and the boy fell to the ground, picking himself up slowly. It cursed him in some unknown language, and Kwiet looked at him with worried eyes. Making his way to the bar, the little boy pushed himself up onto a stool with difficulty, and sat there resting his little chin on the bar counter. He was hungry, and in his tiny fists he clutched a plastic spork and knife. He watched plates of food be passed over the counter, and he looked at the bartender with big, sad eyes.

"Can I have some? Please?"

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia was sitting not to far when the small child asked for food. She had just been served hers. She pushed her plate over to him ad sat beside him. "Of course you can have some and if you want more you can. If you eat all of that I will get you a big ice cream. How does that sound?" Maia said softly as she brushed her hand over his hair. "Are you here alone little one?"

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu came in and saw the boy there too, "Hello Maia. Hw are you today?" He then looked at the boy, "And what is our name?" His ninja cloak flowed behind him as he sat down.

Kwiet Ideya
    Kwiet's eyes lit up and he smiled at the plate, forgetting Maia's question for the moment. He scooped up some of the food in his spork when he was jostled from behind once again by a passing patron. He lost the food on the spork and was pushed forward against the plate, which skidded across the bar and onto the floor. The bartender swore at him and bent to clean up the mess. Kwiet's eyes shone with threatening tears.

"Can I eat?" he asked pleadingly to the bartender. "Can I?"

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu got the boy a new spork and a new plate of food, "Now then take that and if anyone says anything to you I will beat them up." Ansatsu smiled at the kid, "By the way, my name is Ansatsu."

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia turned to Ansatsu and smiled just as the child's plate went flying. "Oh my... Hi there." She patted the child and soothed him. "No worries you can eat." Maia ordered him more food and reached across the bar grabbing a plate of fruit for him to snack on and smiled in thanks to Ansatsu as he gave him another plate.
    Maia called to the bar keep and ordered him a glass of milk and juice.
    "Sit Ansatsu, and join us." She grinned as the little boy dug into his fruit and plate of food. "My name is Maia what is yours?"

Kwiet Ideya
    The child's smile returned and he began to eat from the plate set before him, putting an apple aside for himself later. The food distracted the child from answering they're questions and his mouth was full besides. Little arms reached for the glass of juice, which was just beyond his reach.

Maia Tharrinn
    A soft smile tugged her lips. Placing her cheek on her hand she watched him enjoy his food. "How have you been Ansatsu?" She didnt want to interrupt the child. He appeared hungry.

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu scooted the glass closer and spoke, "Wow, I wish I could eat like that." He laughed for a moment, "I wish I was that young again, eh Maia?" He smiled at her.

Kwiet Ideya
    Kwiet took the glass and tilted it back, spilling some of the juice down his shirt. He smiled and wiped his mouth, fumbling the glass on the floor. The sound of shattering glass filled the Bar and Grill, drawing another curse from the bartender. Kwiet looked worriedly at the man.

You little whelp!

Kwiet began to cry, hugging Maia and burying his face against her.

"Iie! Iie!"

Maia Tharrinn
    "Yes, it would be nice wouldn't it." Just then the child dropped the glass and was being yelled at. She cuddled the boy close as he buried himself in her arms. "Stop this please. You should not be yelling at the child." She said in a calm low voice. "You are scaring him." Maia pulled him into her lap and cooed softly.

"Shhhhh shhhh it's ok. I won't let anything happen to you little one."

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu patted the kid on the back, "Hey it is okay. It was an accident. That guy is just a tightass. Don't worry about him. Your okay. Everybody makes mistakes, thats why pencils have erasers." He laughed for a moment and then thought of something his dad use to do to get him to smile when he was crying. He looked at the kid and said, "Hey how would you like that ice cream Maia promised. As much as you want. I am paying."

Kwiet Ideya
    Ice cream? Kwiet sniffled.

"R...really?"

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia nodded a placed a small kiss on is forehead. "If he says it then it's true little one. Picking him up she moved over to a table. "Meet us over here where it's quiet Ansatsu please."She didnt want him to have to be around the grumpy bartender any longer. She settled him into her lap and wiped his tear stained face. "He will bring it to you. Can you tell me your name now little one?"

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu smiled, "Yeah kid." He snapped his fingers. "I want the biggest bowl of ice cream ya got for this kid here." He pulled the barkeep up to his face and spoke softly but sternly to him, "And if you so much as say anything to this boy again except for, "My your a good little boy and I am sorry I am a hardass." Then you better shut up." He let the bartender go and moved over to Maia's table, "So then what is your name?"

Kwiet Ideya
    "K...Kwiet..." said the boy, huddling against Maia.

Maia Tharrinn
    "Why that's a wonderful name Kwiet. My name is Maia. Are you here all alone?" She said in a soft voice. Her hands brushing his hair back in soothing manner.

"I want you to know if you need anything I am here to help you ok."

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu smiled, "Cool name. So what are you doing here kid? Where is your mom and pop?" Ansatsu gave a puzzling look and took off his ninja mask. His long blonde hair fell behind him, "Sorry kid. Hope my mask doesnt scare you." Ansatsu smiled for a moment and then the waitress brought over some ice cream, "Thank you Miss." Ansatsu looked back at the boy and handed him his ice cream, "So anyways, back to your being here and stuff."

Kwiet Ideya
    Kwiet started eating again, his mouth ringed with chocolate ice cream.

"A mommy?" He turned and pointed at Maia. "Hee. Like a mommy."

Ansatsu
    Ansatsu smiled, "No dad huh? Yeah I know what thats like, but your a little to young to hear that story." Ansatsu mussed up the kids hair, "So Kwiet you like your ice cream?" Ansatsu laughed and signaled to the waitress, "Bring me another ice cream please." He turned back to Kwiet and Maia, "Well you only live once right?" He laughed, "You want one Maia?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast