Thread: Through the Eyes of a Snack

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

*Snack nodded his head towards the door.*

Aren't you going to answer it?

Ilyarna
    Obediently, she turned toward the door and taking care to look into the visor-cam to see who was outside (not that it mattered, she would never recognise anyone of Snacks associates) she then opened it up.

Standing back a step so the visitor could clearly be seen by her Master, Ilyarna waited to see if she should invite him in.
    Waiting for Snack to respond made her nervous...she hoped he didnt leave the decision to her. She found it hard to make decisions on her own. Much easier to just do what she was told.

Fortunately, she had broken a sweat needlessly. Her Master motioned for the man to enter.

Jared Mriad
    Jared stepped in far enough for the door to shut behind him, without moving further he bowed deeply in respect to his Master before him,

"Greetings, Master Snack."

imported_Taja Loraan
    Her eyebrows knitted together for a brief moment, then dissolved as quickly as the frown had appeared. Why question the fact that he hadn't come for the sake of exacting some unknown revenge?

In answer to his query, she gave a small but nervous laugh.

"Just trying to find myself, who I am ... you know. The usual."

Taja continued down the pavement once Tempist was by her side and again became absorbed in her own thoughts. The pair walked in silence for some minutes until they approached a fork in the road. To the left there stood neat little rows of suburban duplexes; to the right, somewhat more uptown residences.

She paused suddenly and her head darted up. The Sith turned to her, possibly to inquire whether she was lost, when Taja nodded toward the right path and resumed her pace. Although her curiosity had not earned many favors in the past, there was a strangely familiar presence radiating from this area and the empath was compelled to follow its trail, even if it meant diverting from her original route. Perhaps it would abet her search with some knowledge.

After a while, she raised her head to look up at Tempist and asked casually, "Do you know anybody from around this place?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

I hope you like Cayssian Cat: char-boiled, not grilled.

*He said, nodding his head to Jared as he entered his home. Even though he knew Jared was here since he first saw the cat, it did confuse him as to why exactly.

Snack's face turned into a serious facade, his eyes never leaving that of his Apprentice's.*

What are you doing here, Jared?

Jared Mriad
    "Quite simple: There was no where else to go, TSE's in ruins along with my vessel, and I thought perhaps you would enjoy the company in your... distressed.. state," The warrior replied, calm and collectively and leaving out the details about his recent enrollment into another facility.

"By, do tell, what means did you fry my cat?" This came out with a small smirk hinting at a joke..

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

I sneezed.

*He said, looking his Apprentice up and down. Something else was on the Warrior's mind, though whatever it was, Snack really did not care. It concerned him not. For now.*

You weren't partial to it, were you?

Tempist the Uncaring
    He noticed the two paths, and the two completely different destinations. He wasn't sure where he had to go, or even what he was doing here in general. However, revenge was the easiest of answers, and chances are, he did know someone here who needed rectification.

"A few people, but they probably don't remember me."

He sensed some people he knew here as well, some very familiar. Their signatures suprized him somewhat, but he didn't make this known. He continued with Taja, and glanced around for the library. He needed to look up a few people, if they were here long enough for a listing in the contact reacords.

"Anything I can do to be of assistance?"

Even though he doubted he could help her, it was a question worth asking.

Jared Mriad
    "By all means, no. Felines arn't my type," Jared replied, "Although, the sight through it's own eyes is quite amaizing. Black and White, as all forces are," He commented afterwards, lowering his gaze slightly and to the servant, which quirked a silent mental comment. He then returned his gaze to his master, another question of his own brewing.

"Sir, What do you know about the Old Tounge Dragons?"

imported_Taja Loraan
    Cayss was, by every definition, a small planet, so the abrupt changes in the style of locality were something to be expected. She glanced furtively (or at least tried to, but it seemed Tempist was looking the same way) at the three-storied house from where she sensed ... well, whoever it was she had detected earlier.

She shrugged. "Be my guest. I'm not too sure what I'm looking for myself."

A sign attached to a lamppost instructed them to cross the street - to the same side as Snack's residence - and carry on straight down the pavement until the library came into view. As this was the only significant public services building in this area, and because he failed to protest, Taja assumed he was headed in the same direction.

Tempist the Uncaring
    They started walking down this aveneue, but Tempist paused for a moment. Out of seemingly nowhere, he was hit with two familiar force signatures nearby. One of them was very strong, and unmistakably that of Darth Snack. The second was one he'd not really encountered while in TSE, but he'd seen once or twice. He shook his head hard, and kept walking. Perhaps after he found what he was looking for, he'd look into those presences.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Tongue Dragons?

*Kinking his head to the side, Snack gave Jared a quizical look. What an odd question.*

Why do you ask?

*Snack wondered if Jared would be perceptive enough to figure out he had no clue what he was talking about. Jared was probably one of his brightest pupils, still around.*

Ilyarna
    Ilyarna had been doing her best impression of a lampshade, trying to remain unobtrusive and unnoticed as her Master talked with his visitor. She found it difficult to keep still though.

Very gradually she had been drawing closer and closer to the two, curious of their conversation.

She repeated "Tongue Dragon?" to herself..well she thought it was to herself, but actually she had spoken aloud. Realising her error, she immediately backed away and out of the room - Snack's scowl making her knees slightly knock with fear.

Ilyarna had never heard of such a thing, but somehow she felt it simply couldnt be good. How could it with such a name?

Standing on the other side of the not-quite-closed door, the weighty servant eave's-dropped, crinkling her face at the strain of concentration it took to hear anything.

Jared Mriad
    "Probally to find a cure," Jared responded, running a hand through his red mane of hair before continuing. "All I know about them is what's in a crusty journal whois penman used his own blood, one page reads:

It is the fourth day of August, and already I can feel the poison running through my veins. It was only two days ago when I was first inflicted with this curse, but yet it seems like ages. They call me mad, they do, but they have no idea of the torture I suffer! It twists my stomach into knots and my muscles ache with a burning fire. My forehead is burning up and I feel as if I'm coming down with a fever, but yet, as if some sort of demented miracle, I have no temperature.

I now use my blood as ink on these old, worn pages with a sick hope that the poison will run out. I feel this constant headache that won't leave me alone, and it worsens every time I move. Already I made a discovery that made me realize I was marked as the Devil's. When the Sorceress stabbed me with that treacherous dagger, it left a scar -- which has turned to be the very image of a dragon ... Now I've been having strange nightmares from Hell itself about this unearthly pain as my bones shift and my muscles grind against each other. I'm shapeshifting into an Old Tongue, and I know it's little time until this happens outside of my dreams.

"- And everything that he wrote has happened.. and I want it to stop.." He bowed his head slightly, staring at the floor for a moment, "and I was hopin' you knew about em."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

*Ilyarna was a weird specimen, that was for sure. But one thing was certain, other than her infatuation with her Master.... She was scared silly of him being angered at her. Glancing at her as she said aloud what Jared had mentioned, he made the appearance of scowling. It was more of a shock to see her scurrying off behind a closed door.

He shook his head, then returned his attention to Jared, who went into detail of what some symptoms are of this Tongue Dragon thing.*

I've never heard of it...

Why is all of what you said happening to you?

imported_Taja Loraan
    They arrived outside the local library just as the early afternoon traffic, or what little of it there was, began congesting the narrow streets as residents returned home for the hour or so they were spared from work. The building itself, although renowned for owning the greatest and most varied collection on the planet, was nothing striking in itself, and they were likely to have passed by it if not for Taja's memories of the district.

Entering through the large double doors and into the rather musty room within, the Dark Jedi headed over to the librarian's desk and whispered a few quiet words. The lady's face knotted in hesitation and doubt, but the look somewhat alleviated when Taja passed a more-than-adequate sum of credits into her hand. With a reluctant sigh, the woman rose from her seat and walked to the front of the dest, gesturing towards an aisle.

She turned back to Tempist. "I'll be back in just a second," she said, before following on the heels of the librarian.

Jared Mriad
    "Carelessness, I suppose." Jared replied, rubbing his right shoulder with his left hand absently. Where the scar from the dagger had formed.

Then he pointed in the direction in which Ilyarna retreated with a little grin, "Where'd you gain that kind of taste in 'gals?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

You call that thing a girl?

*He arched an eyebrow and looked to where Ilyarna had run off.*

A fellow student of Ogre handed this thing off to me, as punishment for her. That blob pick pocketed me, probably even felt me up as well, and Master Lynch who was there at the time tracked her down and was close to killing her... as was I.

*Snack shook his head, his eyes growing distant.*

I need to repay Hera for that.

*He shook his head again. Jared had done well in keeping the Dark Lord's mind off of what has been going on in his life. Guess that's what friends were good for... being there to help out. But both were Sith.. weren't they? snack not as much, but he still held a Dark heart...*

I'll tell ya what, Jared. I'll help you figure out a cure for this "Old Tounge Dragons" disease, if you will help me figure out what the hell is wrong with my life. Deal?

Jared Mriad
    "Deal." Jared promply responded, cracking a slight grin.

Tempist the Uncaring
    " 'Kay." he said, quite simply. He didn't know what he was looking for, so he simply walked to the reference section. He located the listing of the planets inhabitants, broken down by area, and then into social class. The poor stayed poor, the rich stayed rich. Should it change, the person either moved, or was killed.

Tempist began to leaf through the pages, looking breifly at each of the names, taking note of a few of them. He stoped at one, and looked down at it, his gaze growing more and more intent by the moment.

"So the lord does live..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast