Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi Formal Dance/Party

Jedi Formal Dance/Party

I had been there all day, shooing out the usual customers early in the afternoon and locking the door. The regular large tables had been pushed back, and now four-person circular tables ringed the newly discovered dance floor in the center of the Bar and Grill. On every table there was a dark silver, almost pewter-colored tablecloth that reached down to the cleanly scrubbed floor, with a collection of a few small candles in varying shades of blue and purple sitting on top of a small mirror. The candles weren’t lit yet, but when the house lights had been lowered the mirrors would reflect the gentle glow and this place would no longer look like a bar, it would be a ballroom.

The work wasn't done yet, and I waited for my two helpers to get there... the start of the party was ever-so-close, and I hoped that they would show up soon to give me a hand before I had to go and change into my dress.

Kelt Simoson
    It had been a long morning, it took a while for Kelt to even work out what button did what, buttons where not his strong point and working them together to even make a decent track was even harder.

Sorting through the endless collection of music was hell in the galaxy, he wondered just who the hell was NIN...N...I....N he spelt out in his head. Then it said Nine Inch Nails. Kelt throw the CD down and thought he better clip them soon. If the nails on his feet are just as bad he better had not find a girlfriend. Limp Bizkit, Greenday, Linkin Park, Creed and many more CDs filled the great box by the machine they called the "Decks". Looked nothing like a bloody deck.

Just a few spinning things on a.....thing. by the time he had practiced a wee bit and got used to music these guys liked he finally liked the new sounds and play them over and over in his head, arranged the music and put them in order.

His friend Dasquian must have been mad. A backwards cap, a real baggy T-shirt and shorts that hung just below his knees?. What was the blonde man thinking off?.

Anyway his friend Dasq talked kelt into wearing the ugly clothing and he weeled the machine into the B&G. Kelt felt kind of out of place with these "Cool" cloths on, but he had a few chuckles in the mirrors located in the bar.

'Err..Ryla where do you want me to set up?' he said with a toothy grin.

<center></center>

Salemn Lysce
    Salemn received notice that Ryla was waiting for her helpers and hurried to the B&G. Pushing the doors open, the Padawan looked at Kelt, the official DJ, and grinned. He didn't look too comfortable in his clothes, which was amusing. Walking over to Ryla, she bowed in respect.

What is my assignment, Miss ?

:: As if Ryla's evening wasn't going to be busy enough, her comm beeped indicating an incoming call. As soon as she hit the receive button, AB's voice could be heard over the small speaker. ::

Ryla, I know you've taken it upon yourself to take care of all the trimmings for the formal. But I was wondering if I could possibly take care of the flower arrangements along the walls? I saw the color scheme you'd picked out the other day, and I've got a batch of lovely Ithorian and Naboo wild flowers in all sorts of shades of blues and whites, with a handful of icey-silver nerscies from Thyferra, that would just be splendid.

:: The comm fell silent as she waited for Ryla's approval. ::

Lion El' Jonson
    Lion was flying towards the B&G on his hoverboard when...BOOM...he ran into the door...

"I thought this was an open dance..." he said, massaging his head. He had gotten to the dance extremely early so that he could pick up a date before anybody else got there, but it looked like he might have gotten there a bit ahead of time...

"Hey, might as well lend a hand...sooner this party starts, the sooner I can get free punch."

Lion picked the lock to open the door, and noticed a rather flustered looking Ryla and AmazonBabe running around in every direction, and an extremely confused and uncomfortable looking Kelt chucking CDs around the DJ booth...

"This is gonna be one helluva party" he said to himself.

"Hey, Ryla, you need any help, or should I just go and lock your door again?" he called out.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    (Jubei arrived at the dance, clad as always in his traditional white Calanic robe. He smiled politely to the others who were arriving.)

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia peeked her head in. Everything was already looking utterly beautiful. Spotting Master AB., Maia made her way over to her.

"Hello is there anything I can help with. It's already looking very lovely. The flowers smell wonderful." Maia said as she plunged her face into the bouquet that Master AB. was holding.

Pleased that my helpers had arrived so promptly, I set forth in directing them where to go. "Salemn, you can help to set out food on this long table over here... don't worry, the kitchen droids have prepared it all. I certainly can't cook!" I said with a grin.

"Kelt, you're looking... formal." I winked at him and pointed over to the corner where open-mike night usually took place. "You can set up there. That should be enough room to dance, don't you think?"

Suddenly, there was a loud THUMP and the door swung open. So much for the lock... I thought to myself as Lion strode into the room, rubbing his forehead where, apparently, it had become intimate with the door. "I could always use another hand around here... why don't you help Kelt move his equipment in?"

My comlink chirped with AB's great suggestion, and I hastily agreed, glad that she had thought of something I forgot. "Yes! I'd love flowers in here! Maybe it will look less like a bar... at least, I hope so!"

This party was going to be interesting...

Lion El' Jonson
    "Sure" Lion said. He ran out really quickly, stashed his hoverboard in the bushes, then came back in and locked the door.

Lion walked over to Kelt, who was having a bit of trouble dragging his 20 speakers inside.

"Hey, Kelt. Nice clothes..." Lion said, as he dragged one of the speakers across the floor, trying not to laugh.

"PARTY!"

Zeke poked his head in.

"Hey...where's the party at?"

He spotted Maia.

"Look! It's m'date!"

Andraq Novkar
    Andraq stepped into the Bar and Grill and looked around, watching all the people who seemed to be very busy helping set up and other things. He raised his eyebrow at the DJ, he was wearing very odd clothing. His eyes fell upon the people, noting who was here and who wasn't. Andraq had chosen to go single, well that and the fact that he couldn't find a date.

His attire was formal. He held one spot, wearing a tux and all the trimmings that went with it. He brought his hand to his face and moved it across the soft skin. He had recently shaved, he wanted to look his best. His hair was sort of up and moved around in their own way.

"Anything I can do to help?"

Chase Starwalker
    Chase stepped out of the shower.

Slowly he dried himself off and began getting ready for the night's festivities. The tuxedo was a crisp black, bow-tie and all. He slicked his hair back with gel, and picked up his datapad. His shoes gleamed from the polish, and the fresh sent of cologne tainted the air. He was ready, and only one thing remained...his princess.

Taking his single white stem rose, he headed for Leia's living quarters. Gotta be on time...

In the bar, Zeke tackles Maia.

"Hey! Dressed already? Or are you gonna wear a sexy dress?I only got m'trenchcoat! The only other thing I have is a cardboard box! I woulda brought it, but it can't dance."

He grins happily.

Lion El' Jonson
    Lion wiped his forehead with one hand and looked around the B&G. It was starting to look a lot less like a bar, and more like a dance hall. He had just finished dragging the 20-odd speakers inside and was going outside to check for more when:

"CRASH!" Lion picked himself off the ground and realised that he had run into the 14 foot tall subwoofer.

"Oh, damn....this is gonna be a bit of work....."

After tugging, pushing, and trying to levitate the stupid thing for 20 minutes, Lion poked his head into the bar and said:

"Eh-hem.....I NEED SOME HELP HERE, KELT!! STOP PLAYING FRISBEE WITH THE CDs!!"

Zeke heard the loud crash and subsequent yelling.

"Hey! Hey! I'll help!"

Zeke sat quietly on the floor, cross-legged, hands by his sides and shut his eyes. He started to focus, first on his happiness, which was on a whole new par, then channeled it into Force energy. He breathed out and the speaker began to vibrate.

"Feel free to help, dude. I can't do it alone either."

Ange Tot
    :: she had slipped into the bar quietly and stood next to Andraq. Ange smiled as she ran a hand down the front of her red dress straightening it, then quickly fiddling with the faux pearl necklace she wore around her neck. Her long brownish-blackish hair was done up in a wonderful wave, she wore very little face makeup and cotton candy scented lip gloss. She looked at Andraq and grinned ::

I think they have all the help they can get.

OOC- <a href=http://mythril.net/tifa/img/fan13.jpg>Pic</a> of what Ange looks like, sorta.

Zeke's right eye opened and peered straight at Ange..

"That's what YOU think. This is my worst ability with the Force. I can't lift datapads normally. But this is a happy occasion...I'm getting more of a boost than normal. Still...lend us a hand. It won't ruin your dress or make up to use the Force."

Zeke grinned at her.

"By the way, you're stunning."

He drew another deep breath and continued to focus on lifting the speaker.

Ange Tot
    :: Ange stuck out her tongue at Zeke ::

Why should I help? You're doing just fine....

:: she waved her hand dissmissivly and the speaker Zeke was trying to lift floated into the air about a foot off the ground ::

Where do you guys want this thing? It's awfully heavy.

Zeke's eyes widened.

"I can't believe you're that good...well now...Hey DJ Masta Groove...or...whatever! Where's it go?"

Alpha
    Satine walks in soon after, dressed in a white, mandarin collared dress shirt, which was tucked into black dress pants. He wore an overcoat that was black, and had black dress shoes--shiney from polishing--on. His hair was slicked back, and tied in a ponytail, and he was clean-shaven for once. Looking around, he spots Ange, and walks up to her.

"Hello Ange. How are ya tonight? You're looking great by the way." he says, with a grin."

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast