Thread: :: Waiting for the Goblin at the Gates ::

Sorsha Kasajian

:: Waiting for the Goblin at the Gates ::

"Come on out, Hob ... I know you're watching. I can hear your heartbeat. It's going to rain soon, so don't make me come fetch you."

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob's image appears in front of Sorsha. His eyes have a darker, more hollow appearance than they last did.

The image clenches its' fist, and very real electricity surges and skips up his imaginary arm. It crackles, growing louder and louder. "Explain your presence here, before I remove it!" Hob's deep bass shouts above the growing noise.

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Do not threaten me, Goblin. I know all the secret ways beyond these gates. I could let myself in I wished and you know it. But I'm not here to fight. Tell the others that I've come to speak."

:: drops of rain begin to fall ::

"Do it now! Force me to leave like this and I'll never return!"

Evil Hobgoblin
    "Bah!" the image snarls. He bows his head, and sends forth a communication.

When finished, he lifts his head. "It is done, wench," he tells her, making a curious twist with one hand. Blue electricity leaps into the air above Sorsha's head and stays there, providing an improvised shield from the rain. "Though why the Fold cares about anything you have to say is beyond me."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Well done, old Hoblin."

:: claps her hands and grins ::

"Now let me pass."

Evil Hobgoblin
    Hob's grin stretches wider than possible- proof that manipulating illusions is one of his well-practiced skills. "All who would enter Bast must go through Hob, unless he should favor their entrance."

"And it has been a long time since Hob favored your entrance, female of the Snakebite."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Not very wise to let me slip through your fingers again. You're taking it far too personally. I was going to do you a favor."

:: the illusion of Sorsha fades, and shortly after an infiltrator becomes a pinpoint in the sky ::

Evil Hobgoblin
    The illusion stares up into the sky, watching the ship leave.

It then lifts its' hand, which suddenly becomes an image of Sorsha's head. "I was going to do you a favor," Hob's illusion says in a fake falsetto. The image of Sorsha's mouth moves as he speaks. "You're taking it too personally."

The illusionary head vanishes and is replaced by Hob's hand. His sunken eyes stare up into the sky. "Are you so weak that you cannot even face me, little girl?" it asks of the air. "Or perhaps you do not have the proper motivation."

The illusion grins suddenly, as though it has just gotten an idea.

It then vanishes as suddenly as it appeared, its' owner busy.