Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Galactic Empire

Dark Lord Dyzm

Re: The Galactic Empire Is Messed Up

Read that Same History Somewhere Before

Venom

I myself am accuratly a Dark Jedi. I too also question what a shaodw Jedi is as there is clearly a differentiation between Jedi / Dark Jedi. A Jedi does not use the Dark Side while a Dark Jedi does, for whatever reason, not necessarily evil I might add. You are simply a Dark Jedi if you allow yourself to use the Dark Side and continue to do so.

Thence, for whatever motive, a Shadow Jedi must be counted in the numbers of Dark Jedi.

Qui Wan Jin

Remember the speech Yoda gave? Anger leads to hate... and so on and so on. You can't just use the Dark side and not be evil, once you start down its path forever will it control your destiny. In other words.. your character can't just use the Dark side and not be evil, initially he may not be evil but it will indeed take him over.

Gormul Hyfe

Dude, qui.... guess what. My Dad deleted my AOL sn and I'm grounded from the net 'till I turn 18 and move out, in four years. Does that grip or what?

Now the only time I can get on is at school when I have free time. God... Can we say 'nerd'?

*big sigh*

The Lounge Lizard

Qui, then explain what happens when Luke accidentally uses the dark side in ROTJ...wouldn't that negate that theory?

Qui Wan Jin

Are you talking about Dark Empire? When in ROTJ did he use the dark side? You need to be more specific

The Lounge Lizard

When Vader threatened Leia. It was pretty obvious.

Dark Lord Dyzm

Has Anyone But me noticed that IS THE ONLY TIME Jedi Have beaten Sith? When They Used the Dark Side (In the Movies)

DvdJervs

In ROTJ Luke gave into his anger when he charged Vader.

It's very hard to be specific about when someone turns dark because as we saw in ROTJ Luke lost it but when he had the offer of turning towards the Dark Side he rejected it.

As for the whole Shadow Jedi thing I had never heard of the concept until someone from the chats came here earlier this year and tried to convince everyone that Luke was a Shadow Jedi. I've never given it a 2nd thought really.

I've read some theories suggesting there is no Light side of the Force. Rather there is the Force, and the Dark Side of the Force. The Dark Side is like the shadow of the true Force. It's much easier to grasp and become powerful with, but an individual with the full strngth of the Force would be able to defeat anyone f the Dark Side (this goes back to ESB with Yoda and Obi-Wan telling Luke that only a fully trained Jedi could defeat the Emperor and Vader).

Qui Wan Jin

OK as for LL's thing if you're talking about when Luke attacked Vader.. yes he did give into the Dark Side but no he did not dedicate his studies to the Dark Side of the Force, he wasn't continually using the Dark Side on a daily basis, he was able to by his own will power overcome the Dark Side but mind you he had barely tapped into it. Later when he became a Dark Side adept under Palpatine and was indeed a Dark Jedi it was very difficult for him to return to the light. He said that only because of the love of his family and friends was he able to overcome the Dark Side. So no my theory was not negated by Luke succumbing to the Dark Side for a brief period of time.

The Lounge Lizard

But your theory said nothing about time duration...instead, saying that once somebody uses the dark side, then it will consume them forever.

Qui Wan Jin

No.. it's not MY theory... I never called it a theory, it's what Yoda says in Episode 1, anger leads to hate, bla bla bla, you can't use the Dark Side on a daily basis and not expect irreperable damage.

Qui Wan Jin

This is exactly what I said in my first post, "initially he may not be evil but it will indeed take him over. " Initially meaning at first.

Lord Gue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123