Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Specific Moderator *All Please Read*

jjwr

Forum Specific Moderator *All Please Read*

After the revelation that I'm the only active Administrator on these boards I'm thinking of adding a forum specific moderator for this board to help things out.

A few names have already been tossed around, though I'm not sure who it will be or if it will actually happen. What I would like is if all the regular posters here could write a quick note on this message as to how often they visit this board and roughly how long they've been here.

What I'm looking for is someone who is around this board often and who has been a visitor here for a while.

Thanks!

Ice Fox

Sorry. just read your reply in the feedback forum.

<H2 ELETE ME</H2>

Grand Adm Thrawn

well i been here for about 8 months visit this forum offten everyday

i just want to fix all my roleplaying threads and what not

Figrin D an

Well, I'll start this off...

I've been around for over a year now. I was part of the first group of posters on this board.
    I'm online for most of the day, both at work and at home. (Log on about 7am CST, go offline about 11:30pm CST) I usually post in the evenings at home, but I do monitor the forums and post occasionally during the day.

Itala Marzullo

Been here for almost a year now, but i know I am way too trustworthy, hehehe, nahh, I'd have the chance to delete sigs in my thread to actualy be able to load them, but that's me.

Dae Jinn

haven't been here that long, and already stirred up trouble...heh, heh, heh....only come in when i have to, so don't pick me! :

jjwr

What we're basically looking for is someone to keep the place in order. Help with deleting sigs in threads, warning users for bad language, trolling, sexual content, etc. In the case of warning people we'd request that the mod post something in the feedback forum so we could look into a possible banning if it was needed. Stuff like that.

verse dawnstrider

I've been here a few months. I come on every night. around 8:00-10:00 eastern Time

RHJediKnight

Well, I've been here for quite a while, since May 1999, way back around when TPM came out. I'm online for the majority of the day after I get home at 2 PM ET, and I visit this forum a few times just about each day.

auriga

I've been here off and on since September 99, my login times vary, this summer I'll have a lot of free time too

Master Yoghurt

Another thing a moderator should do, is moving memorable threads to a future archive forum. Hopefully, such forum will be opened quick, because once a thread reaches 21 pages, it is automatically deleted, and never to be read again. Meanwhile, may I recommend that important thread, like roleplay threads that reach page 19 is replied TTT.

I have some experience moderating/administrating boards, so my name will be tossed into the hat. I have been here on regulary basis even before this forum started and check the threads several times a day, posting at various times during a period of around 8 am EST - 10 pm EST.

When there is a signature problem people have, I will be glad to help and point out the problem, or edit it out.

Bounty Hunter Dreyas

I promote DT. He is a very respected person on both sides.

Darth Turbogeek

I've been at swfans since the beginning. I monitor the board for roughly 10 hours and I usually have ICQ open for more. Usually avialible for 16-18 hours, depending on what I am working on

Master Yoghurt

No offense, but Dreyas illustrates well a good reason for having this thread..

Bounty Hunter Dreyas

I am not suggesting me do anything because I do not feel I am worthy, but I think y'all basically need acouple, not just one or two, more like five so messages can be edited and fixed day long because someone might post something offensive at 9:00 am eastern and then it would be another 4 hours until it was 9 somewhere else. One person in everyother time zone or something (Just an Idea) Sorry 'bout that sig...I was playing with it at 1:00am and y'all know you aren't very alert at that time. (No Offense taken)

JediBoricua

I've been here since the week before TPM opened. I come here everyday mostly from 8pm EST to midnight.

jjwr

There are definetly some worthy candidates in this thread. As Yoghurt mentioned a Archive forum will be set up at some point to keep the more memorable threads alive.

DT I thought you were gone from these boards?

Darth Turbogeek

In most ways yes I am. I dont post with anywhere near the frequency I used to and I have withdrawn from roleplaying

I do however still outta habit have one browser screen open having a look over the BG. Just old habit I guess . The only two sites I now even look at are the BG and the Jedi Council, I truly have withdrawn from all other sites, anywhere else. Dunno, this place is like a drug. I'm a junkie and I need more

No, if you want me to moderate, I can do so when I am at work.

jjwr

Its a possibility. THough I was looking for one of the roleplayers, but then the whole issue of having a mod who's a Jedi/Sith might pop up, so a 3rd party Mod may not be a bad idea.

Lady Mara Jade

I've been here since Aug of 1999, I would suggest myself however I'm not sure if I'm here enough during the day. I work 7:30 AM until 5:00 PM PST Mon-Fri.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast