Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Search Parameters

Nichos Marr

Upon hearing Sanis' voice from the commlink, Nichos looks at Leeloo.

"Ya heard the man. Go check his mail."

Nichos puts a hand through his hair and moves up close. He watches Leeloo while she begins to type.

Leeloo Mina

She looked oddly at Nichos.

"Check his mail? Umm.. ok."

Leeloo began to type-- Sanis had one message.
    The screen read--
    <font size=1>
    Set this computer's input-reception serial address to 102.45.456.3324.565.3.
    Sincerely,
    P
    <font size=2>

Hmm.. She thought to her self and wondered if Nichos had read the message, oh well didnt matter. She was the one with the computer afterall.

She glanced at the numbers one more time memorizing them instanly "102.45.456.3324.565.3. " After hiting a few more keys the--
    [change serial address?] [y/n]
    y
    [change to?]
    She moved her hand over to the key pad and typed in 102.45.456.3324.565.3. at the blinking cursor and hit the submit key.

Nichos Marr

Nichos watches her and nods silently. He puts his head down slowly...This was starting to get boring. He looks up and watches Leeloo press enter. For some odd reason, he holds his breath.

MARCUS v4

As MARCUS finally found his way into the database mainframe housing, he stopped as his external communication's port detected a directives change.

Oh my, it appears that an outside link has matched my output-broadcast serial address. What impeccable timing indeed.

Quickly, MARCUS began to position himself at one of the datalink ports on the mainframe, ready to directly access the database. At the same time, the droid module sent a transmission the the microcomm in Sanis' ear

Sanis, it appears that your associate has completed her part of the job. I am now linked via input-output serial address, and am ready to transmit at will. I must say, with such punctuality, you should consider working with her again.

MARCUS' visual input devices began to blink slightly

Sanis, stand by. I am isolating the autonomous security check around each access level of the database. Estimate five minutes until completed. I recommend you initiate a random search while I circumvent the security.

Sanis Prent

(While Sanis waited, he decided to take MARCUS' advice and start up a few random background searches. After all, a long period of inactivity would appear to be conspicuous. He tries to think of a few names, which he enters into the search program.)

Mike Rotch
    Harry Peters
    Ivana Humpalot
    Sal Manella

(Sanis laughed. So what if they were fake...he might as well have fun seeing if they existed.)

MARCUS v4

Within seconds, MARCUS began to interface into the data port of the mainframe. The security checks occurred on a multi-level basis, with data existing on a gradually decreasing scale as the security checks intensified. The first three security checks were bypassed and nullified within seconds. When MARCUS approached the fourth, it got a little trickier. The security check itself was designed with multi-level redundancy. Therefore, MARCUS had to nullify secondary, and even tertiary subroutines. The process took two minutes to execute, but MARCUS finally nullified the fourth security node, and proceeded to the last.

The fifth security layer was a work of art...well, at least to MARCUS. Not only was the self-protection of the node multi-tiered, but it was also cross-partitioned. This increased the probability of running into a dummy subroutine, which would then activate the node. It was quite difficult to tell which of the subroutines, and in which sequence, would completely nullify the entire node.

MARCUS increased his processing power to maximum capacity, determining the several million possibilities of subroutine order commands that could be given. A few hundred thousand could be immediately ruled out due to the fact that it would be a needless resource drain to activate the subroutines in such a way. Several minutes passed, and MARCUS was able to limit the number down to three. They each were equally probable to be chosen, but only one would actually commence the nullify command. The others all lead to the node's activation.

MARCUS was perplexed as to how he should continue, until he derived an interesting plan. Noting every adjacent connection path from each subroutine, MARCUS copied an exact version into his temporary memory slot. With the section of the node basically reconstructed in MARCUS' own memory, he could now simulate the outcome at will.

From that point, it only took a few seconds to determine which subroutine would lead to a node-nullification command. Quickly, MARCUS activated the subroutine, and the fifth and final security node was deactivated.

Letting out a simulated sigh, MARCUS contacted Sanis.

Sanis, I have bypassed database security. I await your orders to begin the multi-level search.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis laughs quietly to himself)

Oh man...17 Mike Rotch's???

(Suddenly, Sanis' comm goes off, and MARCUS informs him of the disabled security)

Okay, good work MARCUS.

(Sanis closes down the other searches he was running. He speaks to MARCUS, but in a low voice)

Alright Marcus, here we go. Stand by for full search...in five...four...three...

(As Sanis counts down, he enters a name into the search parameter field...NICHOS MARR)

...two...one...

(Sanis hit the enter key)

...go.

MARCUS v4

As soon as Sanis said "Go", Marcus began to activate the exact same search parameter for Nichos Marr. He searched the entire archive under the search constraint in a bottom-up format. This served two purposes. One: Sanis would be accessing the non-encrypted data on Marr anyways, and there was no sense redundantly accessing information. Two: When and if the database technicians figured out security was down, they would enter the subroutines to activate the security nodes from the inside out. By accessing the more heavily-encrypted data first, MARCUS ensured this would not happen.

As MARCUS began to read each pertinent file, it was simultaneously sent across his output data port, through the port address that it was synchronized to. So, as Marcus continued to open files under NICHOS MARR, the files were subsequently transferred to the laptop Leeloo was using, with nearly real-time accessability.

After about a minute of transferring data, MARCUS chimed back to Sanis

Sanis, file transfer complete.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis quickly closed down the search program, and logged off. He gathered up his briefcase, and left the citizen database room. As he walked, he spoke on the comm.)

Great work MARCUS, now get back in the air duct and meet me back at the restroom. Leeloo and Nichos have what they need, now lets get out of here before we become conspicuous.

(Sanis continues at a casual but quick pace towards the men's room)

Leeloo Mina

Leeloo covered her mouth with hand as she yawned and looked over at Nichos who looked a bit excited. He was about to find out a lot about his past after all-- The small computer beeped.
    <font size=1>
    [file received]
    <font size=2>
    This was it, the moment of truth. She opened the file '
    <font size=1>
    NICHOS MARR

<font size=2>
    She read a few more lines then something caught her eye..

<font size=1>
    Born to Aria and Kyro Mina, his last name was changed at an early age...
    <font size=2>

Wait.. no, this must be a mistake. She was an only child, he parents had been killed.. this wasnt right. Couldnt be! she re-read the names.. that was what it said she thought fast.

Was it possible she had a brother?? Maybe after she had left the planet.. did they live?

The jedi turned to Nichos and tried to think of the best way to say it.

"Umm.. according to this. You're my brother."

She watched his expression change and guessed he hadnt preditcted this either--

Nichos Marr

Nichos' excited face turns into one of surprise. He falls back to the floor. Nichos shakes his head and rubs his eyes. He grabs the laptop and looks at it. His eyes become wide with surprise.

He searched the Force for answers, somehow it felt right...He looked up at Leeloo.

"Who would've thought. I guess you are my sister." Nichos babbled.

He gets up slowly.

"What a surprise...I need some water."

He was still adjusting to and understanding this new truth.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis walked into the men's room, moving to the same vacant stall as he went to the first time. He pried open the vent, and waited.

A few minutes later, Sanis could hear a faint whirring sound. As Sanis looks up, he sees MARCUS rolling out of the vent. Sanis catches the droid module, and quickly begins to close the vent.)

So, everything went off without a hitch?

MARCUS v4

MARCUS' visual indicators blinked a few times

I have completed the task at hand flawlessly. Was there any doubt in my abilities? The security systems in the database were quite intriguing. I wish we had more time here so I could document them for analysis. Most intriguing security nodes, indeed.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis grabs MARCUS and places him back into the briefcase)

Yeah yeah, you can tell me all about the nodes later. Right now, we need to get the Frell outta here.

(Pausing to give a flush to maintain the ruse, Sanis leaves the stall, walking out of the Men's bathroom, and walks through the lobby. Strange...for such a big slicer job, this thing was going without a hitch. Perhaps he'd have to let MARCUS become more acquainted with the Imperial Center Database's security nodes. This place was easy pickings, it seemed.)

Leeloo Mina

Leeloo looked at Nichos, her brother then turned back to the laptop.

"Uh.. you want to read the rest? How old are you again..? You're younger than me, right?"

She grined and laughed.

"Well now I have a little brother to annoy.. wait, dont they annoy their older siblings?"

Her smile droped and she started to laugh again.

Nichos Marr

Nichos smiles and reads the rest. He copies it onto several disks, just to make sure. Nichos turns his head and looks at Leeloo.

"I'm not sure...I'll do my best to annoy you though."

Nichos smiles again.

"Well, we better pay Sanis."

Reaches into his pockets.

"You have any mnoney on you."

Sanis Prent

(Several minutes later, Sanis exits the Database building. Confidently whistling a tune to himself, he takes a leisurely stroll down the sidewalk, until he arrives at a bench about a quarter of a mile away. Finding Leeloo and Nichos, Sanis sits down with them. As he does so, he flips out his comm unit, opening transmission to Daleethria.)

Hey Dalee, the job's done. Can you bring the speeder around to 123rd and 39th?

(Sanis waited for the confirmation, and closed the transmission. He then turned to Nichos and Leeloo.)

Alright now...I've done my part. Lets see the credits.

Nichos Marr

Nichos gives Sanis a look of confusion.

"What credits?.....Just kidding."

He Force Calls a briefcase.

"There you go Mr. Prent. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it. Thank your droid too."

Nichos smiles.

"All the money is in there. See you again someday."

Daleethria

Daleethria put the blaster that Sanis gave her in the glove compartment. She had other ways to defend herself and a blaster seemed too ... ordinary.

A message was received on her comm and broadcasted feedback to Sanis to confirm. Already knowing the layout of this sector of the city, Daleethria made her way to 123rd and 39th with the quickest route that her mind laid out for her.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis took the briefcase and opened it slowly. Inside, stacks of credit chits were grouped together. By all estimation, it was the full amount they had agreed upon. Satisfied, Sanis closed the case.)

Well, I hope you find whatever the hell you're looking for in that. Good luck.

(Sanis gets up from the bench just as a speeder comes to a stop nearby)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast