Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Darkened Forest (closed)

Cardinal Aiyalin

**At his touch, the laughter vanished. Everything was peaceful inside her mind once again. He was holding her close; so tenderly. She wondered at his soft touch -- surprised that such a gentle hand could belong to a Sith. Closing her eyes she felt his hand run through her hair, it soothed her beyond imagination. Her breathing evened becoming stronger every moment. Far from better, at least she could draw a breath without paralyzing pain shooting down her spine. Cardinal felt warm inside, a warmth that failed to come from the fire. Never before had she experienced such a feeling, and it left her dumbstruck. There was a magnetism in his eyes that beckoned her to look. The dark orbs were deep pools that flickered in the firelight, completely open to his soul. Sensing his concern for her, a smile lighted her face. It hurt to smile, it hurt to do anything. It even hurt to think.

I'll be fine. Just give me a few moments to rest. I don't think I'll be able to walk back to my ship.

**A light sigh breezed from her throat. This evening had not turned out the way she had planned at all. Frustration overwhelmed her. Cardinal had never been incapacitated like this, and she felt weak. The weakness ashamed her -- if it were possible the woman would have risen and walked out of the clearing, but another racking cough tore from her chest. A small amount of blood flecked her lips -- she needed a bacta tank immediately. For the first time in years, she depended on someone for her survival. Trusting her life in this Sith, she closed her eyes.

It is hard for me to ask, knight.. but I need your help. I trust my life in your hands, please.. help me.

**A flush of shame stained her cheeks, growing more pronounced in the flickering orange of the fire. Tears threatened to break free, it was all she could do to hold them back. Ashamed, yet at the same time she had no concern. Opening her eyes, she became lost in his eyes once again. Disentangling her hand from his, she lifted it and touched his cheek.

I can move whenever you feel the need. Do not worry about me, I am strong enough to handle anything.

**Again the smile appeared. A shy smile -- coquettish almost. Her mind tumbled with what was happening. It was almost like she could not control her emotions. The disturbing thought quickly vanished from her mind, however, as she burrowed deeper into his lap. He felt warm and comforting. He felt like something she hadn't felt in a long time. He felt.. home.

Dyne Darkforce

Dyne nods to her slightly then looks around briefly at the surrounding area. It was a matter of getting her out of the forest now. The knight seemed to have very limited choices on what he could do. He ponders to himself for a few moments before looking down at Cardinal again. Gazing into her eyes, the Sith feels himself being overwhelmed with warm feelings. Her eyes were soft, and for once his dark heart was being soft as well. Dyne longed to help her, as if to reconcile for something in the past. He had no clue what it was, but Dyne was even more determined to help the woman. Feeling tingly over his body, the Sith was captivated by her beauty and eyes.

"Call me Dyne....."

He smiles and holds her hands again while fixing the coat over her. The Sith was hoping he could get to her ship, since his swoop bike wouldnt help them here. Dyne realized that he would have to take her to TBH. Her ship would get them there in a reasonable amount of time. This would be best to tend to her wounded body. She had told him at the bar that she was from The Black Hand. Dyne would use her ship and guide it back to TBH. This was the plan he had thought up in his mind. As long as nothing was broken in her body, she would be fine very soon. Being gentle would be the key for Dyne in helping her. Carrying her through the forest wouldnt be an easy task, but it was closer to her ship then his swoop bike.

"Can you guide me to your ship Cardinal? I will carry you to it, and I doubt it would be too far from here. We will need to get to the bacta tank. You need to be placed into it and healed for the wounds."

Cardinal Aiyalin

**She closed her eyes and sighed. Her lungs burned with fire as another cough spasmed through her body. She shook from the cold, his coat only helping so much.

"Dyne.. You know my name, but please.. call me Card."

**Veins protruded from her neck as she tried to suppress a cough. She felt the metallic taste of blood in her mouth; they had to get moving soon.

"I can guide you to my ship, Dyne.. but you need to carry me. I cannot walk right now. I must warn you though, knight.. the members of The Black Hand do not treat visitors pleasantly. I cannot guarantee a warm welcome, though I do hope so for your sake."

**Holding out her arms, she waited for him to pick her up. To her surprise, she was actually welcoming his arms. She waited, looking up at him. He was so handsome in the moonlight, so strong. She just hoped they could get to Vjun in time. Thinking of Vjun, she realized she had neglected to tell him something.

"You have never been to Vjun before. When we get there, the rains.. they are..." her voice trailed off as a racking cough tore through her, "The rain is acid.. You must erect a force shield around yourself to protect yourself from the rain. Be careful.. Vjun is dangerous.. we must hurry.. I don't have much time.."

Dyne Darkforce

"I guess we will have to see to that when we get there huh?"

The fire slowly died out as Dyne gently picked Cardinal up in his arms. Dyne fixed the coat upon her and began to walk out of the clearing. Cardinal guided Dyne through the forest as he made his way quickly through. He looked down upon her as she was trying very hard to stop coughing. They locked eyes upon each other as he smiled to Cardinal. Dyne could feel that she did not want to be in this position, but he was going to help her anyway. Veins were exposed through his skin, as Dyne held Cardinal in his arms. Shrubbery and branches crunched under the metal heel's of his boot. Dyne cautiously glanced from the corner of his eyes as he made his way through the place. A mist seemed to have been around the area, as it was low to the ground. The small creatures seemed to follow the two in curiosity. Dyne would have to leave his swoop bike out there for now. They would know that Dyne didnt return so the droids would retrieve the bike anyways. Using the Force, the two made a mental link, as he would use the link to find his way to the ship. He pictured how she got herself to the clearing from the ship. It was a engraved map into his mind. She tried to point out where to go and speak along with it. Dyne looked down at her with a concerned look on his face.

"Don't talk Card....we will find our way."

He smiled and made his way past small swampy areas. Dyne walked over fallen logs and bushes slowly. Bringing Cardinal closer, he made sure not to trip and drop her. That would be the gravest situation indeed, and he wanted to avoid it. He avoided large rocks in his way without trying to walk over them. As Dyne passed the swampy areas, he could hear the different frog sounds fade into the back. It was still rather cool in the night. The tree canvas above had blocked out the moonlight from view. Dyne kept moving as time wasn't on his side right now. Kicking some rocks along the way, the Sith continued to walk through the forest. He pushed the vines and branches out of his way using his shoulders. Trying to keep her stable, he didn't want to jolt her body around unnecessarily. Dyne steered clear of tight places and arrived near the end of the tree line of the forest. He could see their breath in the cold air surrounding them. The warmth of his body kept her warm as well, along with the coat. Making his way up a small incline, Dyne approached the rather large trees. Stepping through the tree clearing, he looked around. Closing his eyes for a second, he concentrated on where her ship would be. Opening his eyes, Cardinal had closed her eyes as well in rest. He tried to be gentle on her back, as it was hurt from the beast's attack. Coming to another clearing, Dyne saw parts of what seemed to be Cardinal's ship. It was closer then he had expected. The clearing was rather large, as he could see the pale moonlight again shine down upon him.

"Now to get to Vjun...."

Using the Dark Side along with the Force, Dyne found his way to the ship. Dyne walked along the side of the hull as the door slid open, noticing Cardinal's presence. The knight walked up the ramp and stepped inside. The lighting was already on inside. He shifted his body to look around inside the ship. Running a finger across her forehead slowly, he awaited her to open her eyes. Dyne looked down at Cardinal as she opened her eyes. He tilted his head and smiled to her again slightly.

"Card, where can I place you until the flight is over. I don't know if you can sit upright......"

Cardinal Aiyalin

Flight to Vjun

**She did not bother to speak, her throat was raw from the coughing. Instead the woman projected her thought towards the Sith Knight.

There is a small cot in the hold.. near a desk. The ship used to hold a small amount of cargo, but now the cargo hold is my office. It will have to do. There are a few blankets in a compartment across the room... I... I think I might need them

**Even inside his mind, her voice sounded tired. He carried her gently as she laid her head against his shoulder. He walked the short distance to the cot and laid her down gently. She was shivering badly, the chills setting upon her body. He crossed the room and opened the compartment, pulling out three thick blankets. With large strides he was back at her side again, spreading the blankets out to cover her. All three he laid out across her chest. Cardinal's breathing was shallow, her eyes closed. The blanket barely rose or fell with her breaths. He knelt beside her, looking closely at her, ensuring she was alright. As he moved to walk to the cockpit, he arm weakly cought his arm.

If you need me... I will be here.. I am strong enough, just ask. I am sure you know how to fly, so I won't tell you anything needlessly. The coordinates are already set into the computer's hyperdrive, it will not be any bother. Dyne... Thank you... I do not know how I can ever repay you for this... just... thank you...

**With that her arm fell away, snaking back underneath the covers. Her eyes were closed, and to most people it would look like she was asleep. Her mind tumbled with the events of the night, and the laughter crept back into her soul. What had been going on?? What was going on? Perhaps on Vjun there would lie the answers... perhaps.. home...

Dyne Darkforce

Re: Flight to Vjun

Dyne nodded and headed to the flight seat in the cockpit. Sitting down, he took a look at the controls. It didn't seem very hard to get used to, he had flown ships countless number of times. It was a special skill for him to fly in space. The Sith ran his fingers across all the buttons with relative ease and precision. Activating the systems and the engines, he looked outside the cockpit. Dyne switched to the flight plan that what was in the computer's hyperdrive system. All systems were a go as he took off from the ground. Trees swayed back and forth violently, as the engines blew them off their foundation roots. The ship shook a tad as it was climbing to a high elevation quickly. His thoughts kept on reaching back to how Cardinal was doing. Dyne couldn't stop worrying about her, what was going on with him? He shrugged it off for now, and looked on outside the ship. Reaching the atmosphere quickly, the ship took control automatically. Making its way out of the atmosphere completely, the ship began to turn. The coordinates were set for Vjun as it proceeded to make its way to the hyperspace jump point. Picking up speed, they headed off to their destination.

"Ok, that's set, let me go check on her again...."

He made his way back to the cot where she was resting. Glancing at her, he stood there for a second with his head lowered. Dyne entered and kneeled to the floor beside her. She was covered in the blankets, but he knew she could sense him nearby. Dyne awaited for her to speak to him as the ship made its way to Vjun. He showed a look of concern on how her back was doing. As she looked at him, Dyne held her hand, as it was cold then usual. A slight shiver ran down him too when he held her hand. Putting both hands on hers, he attempted to warm her up a little. Dyne was feeling something for her, feeling as if he liked her. Closing his eyes, he took in the feeling for a moment. The Sith opened his eyes smiling, he spoke to her with a light tone.

"So, how are you doing Card?"

Cardinal Aiyalin

**God she felt cold. Her fingers felt numb, it hurt to move them. His hands around hers comforted her some, and replenished the needed warmth, but it wasn't enough. Cardinal looked at him, his face seemed so gentle with a smile upon it. She tried to smile back, but the most she could do was lift the corners of her lips a fraction.

I am fine, Dyne.. do not worry about me.. Just get me to Vjun, my siblings will know what to do.

**She was fighting it.. fighting unconciousness. Her eyes flew open, and the last thing she saw before the darkness took was Dyne's face. He was so handsome in the dim lighting of the ship, and then.. nothing.

Dyne Darkforce

He nods his head slightly and gets to his feet again. Dyne looks at her for a second then heads back to the cockpit. Thoughts crossed his mind as he went back to his seat. Dyne didn't know how they would react at TBH to him. He lowered his head and shook it slightly at the thought. The knight was just bringing her back, for what he didn't know. Something was going on within him, his feelings were all in disarray. All he wanted to do was to help her out. Dyne looked back up as the ship slowed down slightly. It had reached the jump point now. Entering hyperspace, everything flashed by in great speed. Within moments the ship arrived near Vjun. Dyne recalled what Cardinal said about the acid rain. He concentrated on the Dark Side of the Force. Closing his eyes, he kept quiet while tuning into the Force. The Sith would need to form a Force Shield over him and Cardinal to deflect the acid rain drops. Opening his eyes, Dyne looked out the cockpit as they closed in on the atmosphere. The ship had to be prepared to withstand acid rain. Dyne continued to look out the cockpit as the ship shook entering the upper atmosphere. What was in store for him there as he brought Cardinal back to his home? That was one of many things he was pondering about in his mind. Only when he got to the ground, would he know what will happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12