Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Face of Death (open RP)

Lord Dagger

The Face of Death (open RP)

:: Dagger looked out of the bridge screen of the SSD Dominator and smiled sadly at the scene before him, it was one of destruction, a planet rendered uninhabitable by just one man, Thrawn, the name caused Dagger’s fists to clench and his eyes to narrow in anger at the thought of what the Grand Admiral had done to his homeworld. Dagger’s thoughts drifted back to when he had lived on the planet below, a beautiful world of forests, mountains and rivers, all gone now. He and Chryn were all that remained of the race that had once dominated this planet. Suddenly Dagger gripped at his heart and hand to place his hand on the captains chair to stop himself from falling, he scowled, they were becoming more frequent, soon he would be incapacitated and then he would die. Death held no fear for Dagger, he had faced it too many times in his long life but, death by the blade of and enemy was one thing, to be destroyed by some illness was unacceptable, there was no honor in it. Dagger smiled at the irony of it, he had not even been able to defeat that foolish little Jedi, him a Sith Lord, beaten by a mere knight, no things had to change soon.
    At last Dagger turned from the view screen ::
    “Captain, take us back to Corellia,”
    :: The Captain rushed to obey, shouting orders. Dagger looked round when suddenly the pain came again and he fell backwards into the chair. Fighting off unconsciousness Dagger considered the source of his ailment and when options he had available. What he had learned so far was that the disease was caused by the death of the medichlorines in his body, being the Force Vampyre that he was it was no problem to replenish them but, for some inexplicable reason they too began to die, he needed more and more to sustain himself for a shorter and shorter time. He thought back to his contraction of the disease, when the specter had confronted him and warned him that his death was coming and that by violating the Sith shrine he would suffer for not being true to the Dark path, then it had touched him and the decay had begun ::
    “My Lord” :: Came the Captains voice and Dagger came awake ::
    “We have arrived my Lord, you fell asleep so we decided to let you rest until we arrived”
    “Thank you” :: Dagger breathed and stood ::
    “Now Captain, prepare my shuttle to transport me to the surface, I must speak with the Council”
    :: The Captain saluted and moved to obey. Dagger stood and prepared to move away when the pain gripped him again and he sagged momentarily before heading off to the hanger bay and his shuttle to transport him to the surface and the council that could hopefully have the answers that he needed ::

Lord Dagger

:: Dagger's Lambda landed on Corellia and he headed for TSO headquarters and the council chamber where he hoped the others could do something to help ::

Grand Adm Thrawn

OOC: you want me to be in this?

Lady DeVille

ooc: since you're at TSO, I guess I'm here too!

ic:

*She was sitting in her room as Dagger's shuttle touched down on the landing pad just outside the Palace. She went to the window and saw Dagger and Chyrn descending the ramp. Dagger was walking very slowly. De'Ville wondered what was going on...this visit was unexpected.*

Lord Dagger

OOC/ Your presence is not specifically asked for, yet, Thrawn, but any contributions are welcomed.
    Would have it any other way DeVille \IC
    :: Dagger walked very slowly down the ramp and into TSO headquarters looking for any one on the council, or indeed anyone who could help him at all ::

Lady DeVille

*De'Ville runs out of the Palace to the landing pad to meet Dagger and his apprentice. Dagger's sense felt wrong, and she wanted to know why.*

Lady Vader

*LV perched atop the palace spires, looking down on the small world... as she peered down, she saw Daggar's shuttle land and two small figures emerge from the vehicle... she saw what looked to be LD go out to greet them*

*LV smiled... it'd been awhile since Daggar had been around... then she sensed it... something was wrong... she frowned*

*quietly she made her way down the wall of the palace and through her window, and down to the landing pad*

Live Wire

*live wire immediately sensed the presence of her loyal bodyguard. Grabbing her cloak she made her way out of the palace towards the shuttle*

Lord Dagger

:: Dagger hobbles slowly towards his friends and smiles saddly ::
    "So nice of you all to come and meet me at the end"
    :: Dagger moves slowly past the others and into the building, looking for somewhere to sit. His apprentise, Lord Chryn moving in silently behind him ::

Live Wire

*LW brings a chair for dagger to sit in and kneels at his side concern in her dark eyes*

What can we do for you?

Lord Dagger

:: Chuckles dryly ::
    "I was hoping you could tell me"
    :: He closes his eyes ::
    "I can't fight it for much longer, i need a cure now or..."
    :: Dagger leaves it hanging in the air, the others knowing what the other condition was ::

Lady DeVille

*She sighs, and leans against the wall, arms crossed in front of her* I had hoped it would not come to this. At least, not so soon...

Lord Dagger

:: Dagger smiled ::
    "Do not despare yet, as i see it i have 3 options open to me, firstly, die, secondly, kill Thrawn and become a Jedi, thirdly, fail to kill Thrawn and become so consumed in my hatred of him i lose myself in the Darkside and become more evil than you can imagine"
    :: He smiles again ::
    "Sujestions?"

Lady DeVille

I suggest that the first option is ignored as an option. *De'Ville smiled wryly*

Lord Dagger

I agree, but i don't see how to procede

Lord Dagger

:: Dagger stood slowly, it seems now that i have but one option open to me, no matter what happens i must kill Thrawn, one way, or another. The Sith felt Dagger fill with power as he gathered all his energies for this final task ::
    "Chryn contact the Dominator and inform them of our target, then prep my shuttle for launch"
    :: Dagger turned back to the other Sith ::
    "Good bye my friends, i doubt i will see you again, i don't think i will survive what ever the out come"
    :: He smiled saddly and with a deep bow turned and left ::

Grand Adm Thrawn

OOC: damn the man, replied to your email.. i'll try to think up a post later

Lady DeVille

*She followed him out to the landing pad*

Must you go alone? We have been through hard times together... *De'Ville put her hand out, lightly touching his shoulder* If you wish it, I will stay. If you will allow it, I will join you and protect you as you have protected others (myself included) in the past.

Lord Dagger

:: Dagger turned to look at DeVille, a smile spreading across his face ::
    "I would never have asked, or dare hope that you would do this, but please come, your company will be as welcome as your sabre"
    :: Dagger turned slowly away and began to slowly walk, with a little help from DeVille, towards his waiting shuttle ::

Lady DeVille

*Helping Dagger into the shuttle, De'Ville takes the time to probe his sense. His mind was like a durasteel plate for all the good it did her. She sighed, and he smiled a little at her, knowing what she had been trying to do. De'Ville shrugged* Can you blame me?

*Dagger said nothing as he settled himself into his seat, and she took one across from him. Where are we headed? She spoke to him through the Force.*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast