Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with California?

Bromine

The Bay, a big dept. store chain in Canada, has always had its figures at $8.99. They STILL have green HOLOGRAM carded figures. They finally dropped their prices to $4.99 (still rather high for really old stock, IMO) just a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe it, because they have about 15+ Bossks at my local store, and I figured I'd missed my chance to buy one. I read that in other countries, stores can order cases of just one figure from Hasbro. That's right, NO PACKING RATIOS! If they want 100 more Darth Mauls, they get them without any lame figures to clog up space. I guess stores in other countries don't stand for stupid packing ratios the way they do in North America.

Jedi2016

Here's what I usually wind up doing (or have been doing, anyway). I started my collection with a couple of Darth Mauls (Jedi Duel) that I got from e-Bay. They had all dissapeared before I decided to begin collecting them, so e-Bay was how I had to go. I've only gone to e-Bay for the HTF figures, since they tend to dissapear from the shelves in about five minutes. The thing is (and the reason I started this thread), that about a week after I get my figures from e-Bay, I start seeing them in stores. The same figure I ordered online two weeks ago!!! Right now, my collection has blossomed to include everything up to the latest batch. I've got the Naboo Jedi, and the Tatooine Maul, Yoda, etc... what I'm missing (and I'm pretty sure they're out) is Adi Gallia, and Naboo Anakin. And of course, all the little pathetic guards and stuff that'll stock shelves for a year to come. I've considered going e-Bay on them, but I figure that if I wait a couple more weeks, I might see them show up on shelves around here (S.F. Bay area). For some reason, we seem to have that "delay" I mentioned. It's weird.

Bromine

Consider yourself lucky; that's what I do. I check out websites and stuff about the new figs, see which came out, which are cool and which are in reality really lame with articulation and such, and also which ones turned out to be really rare or popular. By the time the toys hit the shelves in my area, I know all about them and which ones I want to get.

Jedi2016

Actually, I'm putting together a complete collection of ALL of them. But the cheesy or stupid ones are very easy to find in stores. Darth Sidious, Qui-Gon, Queen Amidala (Naboo), Jar-Jar... It's the other ones like Darth Maul (any), Yoda, R2, Destroyer Droid, finding all 4 battle droids.. those are the ones I have to digging around for. Actually, I have all those, most of them from e-Bay. It's the really new ones (Adi Gallia, Anakin (Naboo)) are the ones I'm just going to wait until they hit stores here.

Bromine

Still waiting for Yoda, although I'm hoping that by the time he arrives there will already be a resculpt in the works, then I can wait for that one. What kind of dumb accessory is a chair, anyway? Yoda needs a saber, for cryin' out loud!

Jedi Rama

When I hear new figs. are coming out I add three months to the release date and thats when I start looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12