Thread: Time to quit collecting... sort of

Jedieb

Time to quit collecting... sort of

Well it looks like I'm going to have to check out of the hobby for awhile. With padawan #2 due in April belts and budgets are tightening here at Casa de Jedieb. Everything from new furniture to infant padawan robes has to be saved for. Not to mention 12 weeks of income that will be lost during my wife's maternity leave. The horror/benefit of Quicken is that you can look back and see just how much you spent the year before on toys. I spent over $1,000 the first half of 2000 and I can't afford that this year. So I'm freezing all POTJ and 12" Collector Series prchases until July 1. I may miss some hard to get items and have to resort to trading or ebay when I start up again but I'll survive.

What I am going to do during this time is spend some time on my vintage collection. I'm going to spend $20-$30 a month on loose complete vintage figures. I don't think I can quit collecting cold turkey. Hopefully, this will satisfy my collecing habit. It's only been 3 days since I stopped my WalMart/TRU/KB runs and I'm having SERIOUS withdrawals...
    MTFBWY

Jedi Master Kyle

I hear ya. I pretty much quit cold turkey until last week when I bought 1 Darth Maul figure. I went through alot of withdrawl, but I got through it ok after only a little while. Once you realize the $$$ you're saving, it becomes a little easier to take.

jjwr

Of course come June you can always find all those figures you missed in discount bins at Kay Bee

Jedieb

That's what I'm counting on jjwr.

echo7

Hang in there, Jedieb. I went cold turkey with the release of Episode 1. I figured it was a good breaking-point, and it worked. I don't even feel the need to pick up the new Original Trilogy figures they have released. Rest assured, it gets easier over time. Of course, I'm slowly sliding into this "prop thing"...help...

Good Luck!

sirdizzy

i wuit for awhile angered by the mass done figs by kenner (how many qui gons do we need) since getting back in i just buy what i like makes it more enjoyable no more qui gons or obiwans fro me yes siree (i did miss 2-3 figs i wanted though while i was out a nabbo securoty officer for one)