Thread: who here collects the vintage figs who has all 117

sirdizzy

who here collects the vintage figs who has all 117

97 original lines (this is counting yakface and blue snaggletooth) max rebo band (McCool, rebo, and snootles) jabba and salicious crumb, 11 droids figs (conting vlix but not a-wing and fett) and 6 ewoks figs

i ahve the first 102 4 droids and 2 ewoks so i have 108 of the 119 i really want to finish it up though after that i think i might collect the vintage ships

Oza Fett

I have the original 97, the max rebo band, jaba and Mr Crumb but I never got any droid figures. All are complete with accessories

Oza Fett

sirdizzy

mine are all complete too, took me awhiel to get em all after i got done i decided i wanted the droids and ewok figs as well

A Fly White Guy

Carded or loose?

Jedi Master Kyle

I barely have half of them.

sirdizzy

loose of course i do have a few carded ones though my best carded is my imperial gunner POTF fig with near perfect bubble and card... i have a 12 back vader but the cards a little thrashed

Jedieb

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the vintage line. If it wasn't for POTF2, EP1, & POTJ I would've finished the vintage line years ago. I still don't see myself collecting all of the Droids and Ewoks lines. $1,000 for Vlix just seems like higway robbery to me. Plus, I never really liked either cartoon that much. I'll probably just get the Ewoks and Droids from those two lines.

sirdizzy

i've seen vlix go for $100 on ebay its not that expensive a nice blue snaggle tooth, luke trooper, amanaman will cost ya more

Jedieb

$100! That's pretty amazing. I just did a quick search on ebay and found 1 listing for a loose and complete Vlix. The bidding was starting at $4,000. I've never seen a carded, much less, a loose blue snaggletooth go for that much. Granted, I doubt anyone is dumb enough to fork over 4 grand for a Vlix, but it makes a case that he's in a league above Snaggletooth and rare POTJ figures. I got my Blue Snaggletooth for under $100, I doubt I'll ever see a Vlix for that price.

sirdizzy

damn make me feel bad now that i didn't buy that vlix when i had the chance... hows your boots on your snaggletooth i wanted perfect boots no sctratches or paint missing so i spent $150 on him

sirdizzy

i just looked at that vlix you were talking about on ebay the guys a loon $4000 nobody's ever goign to bid on that and he even has a reserve on it some people think they have stuff thats more valueable than it really is i don't see one goign for a $1000

Oza Fett

I saw that auction too and I now know why I didnt ever both collecting those figures and I probably never will. What god awful ugly figures that too me have absolutely nothing to do with star wars. ugh

Oza Fett

Jedieb

The boots are pretty decent. I'd say the figure is between a C-8 and C-9. Every once in awhile you can get lucky and find something on ebay that's cheaper than usual. I got a Blockbuster Yoda for around $330 when some people were paying $450 - $600 just because the guy who listed him spelled Yoda incorrectly. I guess the trick is to be patient and willing to walk away from an auction. I have trouble following my own advice though. This past X-Mas I paid $260 for an Imperial Shuttle w/box that was closer to a C-7 than the C-9 that it was advertised for. I was just really over anxious. How much did you pay for your Stormtrooper Luke and Amanaman? I still need both of these.

sirdizzy

actually my amanaman i had as a kid still in really good condition i got it for my 9th BD and i even still have its staff i would rate it somewhere between a c8-9 so it cost $2

the luke i got for $85 which i though t was a great deal

Jedieb

VLIX Madness!

Since we mentioned him in this thread earlier I thought some might find this interesting. There's another VLIX on ebay. This one is even rarer than the Glassite version that was released in Brazil. So I guess that's why it's at $5,300 with 7 days left in the auction! 17 bids have already been made on this hideous figure.
    You know you're bidding on something ridiculous when the seller mentions a payment plan is available!

sirdizzy

Re: VLIX Madness!

well thjats way more than i will ver pay for a fig even if its rare as hell

and don't ya wish they would do a modern shuttle man i want 4-5 of those i got 1 for my emperors landign diorama and thats it

SPY007

SW FIGS

I have all the vintage excluding the droids and ewoks sets. I bought my first one , a stormtrooper, for 1.39 in 1978. I was 12 and had a paper route. I saved all the cards and didn't open most of my JEDI or POTF.
    I open most of the new ones now and toss the pakage in the trash