Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bugs" in Original Trilogy?

Jedi Master Kyle

Re: hold on...

that's my theory! i wonder how vader found out about luke's name? a spy?

Jedi Master Carr

C-3PO

Perhaps he did recognize him, in ESB, when Boba Fett goes to shoot Chewie, he brushes him back, so maybe he recognized him at that second and did not want to see him destroyed. It would be interesting thought because it would show that there was still good in this meancing machine of evil.

Doc Milo

Re: C-3PO

I believe that Vader stopped Fett from shooting only because he wanted Chewie, Leia, and Han alive so that Luke would take the bait. If they die, he can't be certain Luke will come after them. And with Chewie lashing out as he did, and with Leia and Han right there close, I don't think he wanted to risk that Fett would miss his target.

I don't see how Vader would know that this shambles of a protocol droid on Chewies back would be the same droid he built 30 some odd years earlier...

About how Vader found out about Luke's name? I'd assume that once the Death Star is blown up, the Rebels would have to evacuate Yavin IV quickly, or else face a fleet of Star Destroyers. To do this, they probably leave the heavy equipment behind -- erasing their computers etc... but maybe there are records left of the communications between the ground and the star fighters that they were able to piece together Luke's name, or a spy, or any number of ways....

yuvalb

Another Note

nice ideas !

Jedi Master Kyle

Re: Another Note

i would say a spy, or the internet. i bet vader liked to surf the net alot when he was in his little meditation chamber! he understands that nobody but nobody can uphold an evil empire without being online!

Bromine

Wonder what his email address would be? SithLord@Empire.com?

Brad Kan Obi So Cool

LoL

yuvalb

well, i think we need to see a EP4-SE2

Bromine

Keep in mind, though, that the SE's NEVER changed the plot or story. In fact, they didn't even clarify the plot, either. The purpose of the SE's was to make the FX better and to add in original footage that was later editied out.

yuvalb

fine by me!

yuvalb

well...

what about the scene where you see the shadow of Luke's speeder going the wrong way (while looking for R2) - another bug !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12