Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is Lucas going to do it?

Bromine

I don't think it will neccessarily be any more violent than the OT. The Rebellion against the Empire was a war, but they managed to avoid excessive violence on-screen. Also, I think they'll probably use simple tricks to avoid excessive graphic violence, like how they had battle droids in TPM so that we didn't have to see hundreds of people get chopped up.

Luke Starkiller

I imagine good editing will play a important roll in hinding the saber blows. Then again, the majority of the Jedi will simply disappear.

Jedi Master Kyle

there could also be massacres, like in ANH. the destruction of entire civilizations, filmed from afar, so that there is hardly any violence. we won't see anything on the scale of a death star, but maybe han's quote of seeing "a thousand star ships with more firepower..." could mean something. imagine sidious/palpy gathering the jedi and sith in one place, and then annihilating all of them at once from outer space with his shiny new star destroyers, leaving himself, and his would-be apprentice. i say this under the pretense that we will see a huge jedi/sith battle.

Luke Starkiller

A Jedi, Sith battle would be cool, but there's only one sith at a time.

Jedi Master Kyle

that's what we think. that's what the jedi think. it is that line of thinking that may be their undoing.

Luke Starkiller

Well, if your theory is true than what happend to all the sith?

Bromine

I agree; kinda doubtful Palpy would train a bunch of Sith just to kill them all, but then again who knows? Also, that "There can be only two" rule seemed to be important. If there's a bunch of Sith then Anakin seems less important, even if he is the Chosen One.

Jedi Master Kyle

palpatine smokes all of them! everyone! jedi and sith! in doing so, he helps the sidious part of himself by smoking everyone, and he serves the chancellor part of himself by making himself look good by using his new fleet in destroying the sith!

Luke Starkiller

If that were so, then the clone wars sounds pretty crapy.

DarthAce

There woun't be any other siths in Episode II than those of Sidious and one or two others!

Jedi Master Kyle

don't doubt George's ability to throw a curve ball at us, something we were never expecting!

RHJediKnight

I still think the majority of the Jedi are gonna be killed by assassins, it would just be way too much work for Palpatine and Anakin to kill 10,000 Jedi on their own. Like I think they're gonna off the Jedi Council ('cept for Yoda and probably Mace Windu) and a whole bunch of other masters, knights, and Padawans by blowing up the Jedi Temple on Coruscant (course, we don't exactly know how big that thing is, they might just blow up a portion of it, if they blow it up at all). I just think it'd be cool if something like that happened...there they are, sitting around on their rumps chatting about how horrible the Clone Wars and what the Jedi should do to help when alluva sudden BOOM, no more temple.

DarthAce

common they are going to be killed by clones-in the clone WARS!

Jedi Master Kyle

not if the clones are all those small children that all look alike that are being cast. the clone wars may not involve clones, but rather be ABOUT clones, and the cloning process.

Bromine

"not if the clones are all those small children that all look alike that are being cast."

If you are referring to that article on www.starwars.com, they're not casting a whole bunch of children that all look alike. In fact, they're trying to get an overall wide variety of colours, shapes, and sizes. However, it also says that they ARE looking for sets of three children that all look the same because that way all three kids play the same part and they don't have to work as much. It's the same reason they often use twins in movies to play one role.

Doc Milo

I like the assassin theory. Maybe that's where Boba Fett and Aurra Sing come in. Maybe they are hired as assassins.

And I did read a theory about the next Sith being a sneaky, shadowy character . . . maybe a Sith Assassin?

DarthAce

...maybe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12