Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Christopher Walken rumor

Jedi Master Kyle

wow...

I thought he was tall, but holy cow, Walken is 6'4". And considering Cushing is only a few inches taller than carrie fisher, who is 5'1", I would have a big problem if he played Tarkin, unless he was digitally shortened. I would say Cushing was no more than 5'6" which would leave a 10 inch discrepancy between the 2! That's a little much IMO.

Bromine

Re: wow...

I could be wrong, but from what I know digitally shortening a character sounds like quite a bit of work. They'd probably have to film the scene without the person, then film the person on a blue screen, shrink him, then put him in the scene. Of course, ILM could do it easily, but I think it would be much simpler to find someone the right height to begin with.

Jedi Master Kyle

that's for sure!

I think Walken for Tarkin is all wrong, only because of height!

Jedi Master Kyle

Did you see what those slicksters over at starwars.com did to their Darth Bane images? some of the bane pics are named "m_schreck.gif", after his character in Batman Returns, Max Schreck and "vinnycoccotti.gif" after the name of his character in True Romance. What is going on? Trickery? Hints? I vote for trickery.

Bromine

Can everbody say, "red herring"?

The folks at LFL and especially the website are more savvy about fans than many of us think. They're probably banking on everyone following this rumour for a while and not paying attention to other rumours.

Jedi Master Kyle

from tf.n guys!
    The Cranky Critic has interviewed Christopher Walken and the actor denied the rumors he will appear in Episode 2:

The words from his mouth: "People have been telling me for six months and really it's very interesting. I even asked. I said maybe I am in it and they're just saving it for a surprise. But I'm not in that movie. Never was. I don't know how that happened. Maybe somebody put it on the internet. I tell you frankly that the only place I've ever heard that is by way of rumor."

ah well. sucks to be him!

Bromine

I can just imagine the phone call:

GL: Hello?
    Walken: Hello, Mr. Lucas? This is Christopher Walken.
    GL: What can I do for you, Christopher?
    Walken: Can I, uh...ask you a stupid question?
    GL: Sure, I'm a nice man. What is it?
    Walken: Am I in Star Wars Episode 2?
    GL: WTF?! What do YOU think?
    Walken: I'm really not sure, to be honest with you.
    GL: (sigh) Hang on, I'll check the cast list.
    Walken: Thanks.
    GL: Hmm...nope, doesn't look like it.
    Walken: Are you sure? Everyone keeps telling me I am.
    GL: Let me check with my people.
    Walken: Thanks again, man.
    GL: Mike says no, but Larry says he read on the Internet that you were playing a Mandalorian Warrior.
    Walken: You've got Mandalorian Warriors in the movie?
    GL: Uhh...I didn't THINK I did. I'm really not sure anymore. Half the cast thinks they're in the script somewhere.
    Walken: Oh. Well, uh, what do you want to do, then?
    GL: I don't know. Better hop a plane and get down here. I'm going to go through the script again. I don't remember anything about Mando-whats-it Warrriors.

Jedi Master Kyle

:
    golden!

Jedi Master Kyle

you know, AFTER Walken himself says he's not in episode 2, it doesn't give you any more credibility and post something like this:

4filmmakers.com is an industry site that lists film projects in production. You can view the detail page of Episode 2 by clicking here (you might need to register/login at site first, I'm not sure). It lists Walken along with confirmed cast so far. Not sure how reliable this is, but this site had Hayden C on the confirmed list a few days before LFL confirmed his casting. Just thought I'd pass it along.

some dude found this, sent it along to sevaan.com, who then posted it on his site. he normally runs a pretty tight ship over there, but the bottom has dropped out of this story now!

Bromine

(sigh) guess that's what happens when you get news sites getting their information from other news sites who get their information from AICN. Amazing how if a rumour is repeated often enough, it becomes true. Remember all the credibility the Leo Dicaprio rumour got?

Jedi Master Kyle

yeah, and because it was leo, it wound up on ET and AH all the time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12