Thread: FarCry3: Blood Dragon

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Games FarCry3: Blood Dragon

Firstly - this game has nothing to do with FacrCry. It simply uses the same engine and code from what I can gather. All art assets, sound effects etc that determines what you see and hear is brand new. Or at least from the 80's.

This game is out May 1st and seems to be bringing us the same OTT action as classic movies like Terminator, Robocop, Die Hard, Predator, Escape From New York etc. The main character is voiced by Michael Biehn (Kyle Reese from Terminator and Hicks from Aliens) and the game takes place in a dystopian vision of a retro-futuristic 2007. The gist of your goals is "Get the girl, kill the bad guy, save the world".

I've just watched the opening several minutes as played by two guys from IGN and I really like the look of it. Filled with loving references to 80s action movies as well as paying tribute to the technology of the day such as VCR's and a tongue-in-cheek nod to the medium its brought to us in, this looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

PS: The music fucking kicks ass, too!

The gameplay is solid, the graphics are over the top, and it's funny as heck.

This is how a shooter should play.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I got the soundtrack for pre-ordering on Steam and it fucking rocks!