Thread: RIP Roger Ebert

News RIP Roger Ebert

He passed away today at the age of 70.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...194457663.html

He was a smart critic even if you didn't agree with him, and he will be missed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

FUCK. That sucks

He was not just a critic but a good man. He pretty much defined what film critique was about and was the best at it - I knida always hoped he and James Bernatelli would review a movie together because they are simply superb writers and insightful.

Plus Ebert could burn someone in print like almost no one else. His put down of Rob Schneider left a nuclear sized hole it was so good.

This is one of those times when the death of someone I never met has left me feeling like there's been a death in the family.

I used to watch Roger Ebert religiously every week, first with Gene Siskel, and then with Richard Roeper. Although I didn't always agree with him, I always found him to be a witty, thoughtful, and insightful critic.

How he lived his life in the last few years, and how he faced his cancer so fearlessly, with humor, grace, and dignity, has been an inspiration.

I will miss him tremendously.

He probably wasn't the critic I agreed with most, but he was simply the best.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

http://www.theonion.com/articles/rog...triumph,31945/

The Onion's vale is brilliant, captures the man perfectly and in a way he would have truly deeply appreciated in his own actual words.

I also really appreciated the Onion story.