Jenny Jones: ohhh http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Tal'mahe'Ra
"The Western faction, however, mainly involved itself in vampire politics and were rumoured to plan the obliteration of the Baali."
holliebelle2: Cool!
Plus vampires and mages working together seems like they could be the source of a possible daywalking ring (if you read that post of mine)
Jenny Jones: indeed!
holliebelle2: How better to eliminate impure vampires than by daywalking and chopping their heads off or burning their nests while they sleep
Jenny Jones: indeed
holliebelle2: I was thinking maybe the ring was created but it only works with a certain bloodline or even just one individual
Jenny Jones: it sounds like something that would have been created with a specific purpose in mind.. and also designed to backfire if it wasnt used for that specific purpose!
holliebelle2: Or there's some downside that made the people who created it abandon the project rather than make a zillion of them
But these sort of details have been lost in the depths of myth and only the major details of "mystical ring allows a vampire to walk in daylight" still are known, leaving the other parts to be discovered later if the ring is uncovered
Yes exactly, like some rich Tremere created it for his own use and if any other bloodline tries to use it it burns them up to a crisp or something, but then, going in daylight would do that anyway.
And he used to
Jenny Jones: it would be one of them bloody tremere!
holliebelle2: And he used it to terrorize the country folk around him until one day he was asleep and they came with pitchforks and burnt down his castle
Or something lol
Maybe if you wear it you can walk in daylight but you also have to fulfill the mission of __something__, which the last wearer was tasked with.
Jenny Jones: maybe! it's a macguffin, it can do anything :P
holliebelle2: Exactly!
The beauty of it is that our characters might never find it, and if they do then whatever the writer wants it to be it can be, because its a myth so anything written about it "in the past" could be rumors and lies.
Jenny Jones: alright, so thinking aloud...
this black hand was concerned with hell and where the unholy went after they died, presumably with purifying their own souls
so I can give this malkav a derangement that is fixation on somehow cleansing his own soul, and the best way to do that is by eliminating unpure kindred
holliebelle2: Sounds suitably crazy
Maybe he starts thinking that his 'undead' life is purgatory and to be released he has to kill the impure ?
Jenny Jones: yes, something like that. although it seems like this black hand wasnt always killing.. sometimes just writing down names ina book
i kind of like the idea of him having a book of names with all the naughty vampires in it :P
holliebelle2: ...for someone else to kill
Hahahaha I do too
Jenny Jones: oh cool, they wanted to wipe out the 'impure' bloodlines.. including the tremere!
holliebelle2: Slightly off topic but I think for the reveal to have maximum impact maybe we should have Gabe showing up and confusing Sansa, then jump back a few days to show why he's there, including Ewan realizing he doesn't have Gabe in torpor?
For posterity