Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MU Avengers

Dahlia Ericsson
    *shakes her head*

Unbelievable...

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Tom Harriman's Avatar
    ^

This is what happens when you don't post often enough, Dee.

Captain Dan Myers
    On a serious tangent: if you're an Avengers person and you haven't yet clicked the "Join" button on your invites to the S.H.I.E.L.D user group (or if you haven't got them and need to nag me to rectify that) make sure that you do, so we can discuss stuff and things.

For starters, we're gonna need to name our boat.

Cecil Quinn
    Why haven't you invited me?

I am not impressed. I realize my rank is not exactly as fancy as you damn Avengers but I us peons are important too.

Yes I realize how stupid that sounds. No I don't give a crap.

Johan Schütze
    Mund halten, Herr Quinn. We do not all spend as much time procrastinating when we should be doing our duties, hmm?

HAHA Cecil... you lose.

Michael Beckett
    Oh, Cecil. Gets told off by the Captain, and he's still just sitting there all oblivious-like, staring at the sky.

Cecil Quinn
    Kindly go fuck yourself, Beckett.

As for you Hawkins... Yeah. Say goodbye to your in-room HBO.

Captain Dan Myers
    And as for you, Cecil...

*yoink*

SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR HAT!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

*super-leaps away*

Dahlia Ericsson
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Harriman View Post
    ^

This is what happens when you don't post often enough, Dee.
    Clearly, this is a problem. One I intend to fix with a severe application of posting.

And perhaps an application of ass-kicking as well.

Robyn Lockhart
    I feel the urge to plant an arrow in someone's backside...except I can't decide who...

*ponders her options*

Boyd
    The good Captain, perhaps? You might dislodge the stick that's already planted up in his ass.

Captain Dan Myers
    Definitely not Boyd. Even your superpowers wouldn't be able to hit a target as small as his scrawny backside.

Robyn Lockhart
    Perhaps I'll just tag both of you for my amusement...

*nocks a pair of arrows*

Cecil Quinn
    You could always... Oh, I don't know... Get my fucking hat back

Robyn Lockhart
    *eyes Cecil* I could. If you asked nicely.

Lord Pyre
    Food for thought, puny mortals.

From the perspective of SHIELD and NATO, the Avengers is a bit of a PR nightmare. Boyd and John Lester "don't exist" as far as official records are concerned; Perun and John Lester both look like people who they aren't (with a messy set of ramifications for each); Kara Hawkins, Themis Kallianos, and Tom Harriman's vigilante alter ego might potentially get flagged in criminal / vigilante / homeland security databases; Emma Temple and John Lester are in a complicated situation because of their ties to the British military; only four of the ten potentially in-the-field people are officially part of SHIELD...

It's basically a paparazzi/tabloid goldmine, and it's only a matter of time before "SHIELD LEAVES FATE OF WORLD IN HANDS OF SHOPLIFTER" starts showing up all over the place.

Despite that, Perun is the only potentially problematic person who wears a mask and has an alias. It's probably worth thinking over whether or not being recognised is a risk we want to take on purpose for story reasons, how we'd react to that if we do, and how we'd prevent it if we don't.

Jonathan Dressler
    It falls to the more reputable among us to bring credibility to the whole affair.

On an OOC note, Dressler will not be wearing a mask/costume but his rage-monster alter ego (post-transformation) will probably be the face that people know him by when he is in the field with the Avengers.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Tom Harriman's Avatar
    Since Jonathan and Tom are both scientists, and also are fairly unrecognisable when they're in-the-field (Tom has a costume / alter ego), perhaps the public is led to believe that they are both separate individuals? Doctors Harriman and Dressler are merely scientific consultants (and SHIELD would never be so irresponsible as to put scientists in the field), while Orion and Mr Hyde are two highly trained professionals whose names are classified in order to preserve their anonymity?

Edit:

Also, from chatting to Droo earlier, we've had the idea that while John Lester is the team's "field commander", it's Captain Dan Myers who does all of the public relations stuff, and it's maybe him who the media is led to believe is in charge. Essentially, it's like letting Captain America lead the Avengers, but having Iron Man handle the PR and be the "face" of the team.

Jonathan Dressler
    Both points there make sense to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast