Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gotham City goals

Oliver Queen
    It might make sense to go with either Star City, Central City, or Keystone City. The former is the traditional home of Green Arrow, and is just up the California coast from Coast City; Central City and Keystone City straddle the Kansas and Missouri border, and are the traditional home of the Flash family.

Most of the adversaries for Green Arrow and the Flash are "crooks with gimmicks" as opposed to people with full-on superpowers, which would make them a good proving ground before coming to Gotham City. Because Metropolis and Coast City have much more powerful heroes, their villains are usually of the same calibre, so Gotham might seem like a step down from those places.

I'm planning to have Barry Allen transfer from the Central City Police Department to Gotham, since he's an expert in investigating crime scenes that have a villain/vigilante twist. I'd be more than happy to have some sort of Guy/Barry backstory... or you might want to go with Star City for a bit of variety and Green Lantern loyalty.

Guy Gardner
    I have to admit, my reason for Coast City or Metropolis was actually for past access to STAR Labs. Guy is damn good at tracking down and identifying masked heroes and villains, but what he really likes is finding their toys, then secretly keeping a few for study and improvement by unrelated labs. He might have gotten as far as he could get in Coast City before STAR Labs would catch on to him, so he needed a change, and Wayne Enterprises sure has a nice technological toy store, he's heard.

But, actually, a Guy/Barry backstory could work, and Central City could also be interesting. I'd be willing to trade off some of my Coast City ideas to make that happen, though Guy has had dealings with STAR Labs in the past.

Oliver Queen
    STAR Labs isn't exclusive to Metropolis and Coast City. It's got facilities all over the world; and in the US there are supposed to be facilities in Central City, Keystone City, and in Gotham. So you wouldn't even need to compromise that plan. And in fact, the Flash villains are *really* big on their toys - you've got guys like Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Weather Wizard, Trickster, T.O.Morrow (who built Red Tornado and other robots), and all sorts of others.

Edit:

Something that's just occurred to me - Captain Cold's signature gadget is an ice gun. We've got Victor Fries that we're going to do an origin story for, whose signature gadget is also an ice gun. I'm sure there are plenty of other parallels, too. It might be interesting if Guy ends up inadvertently responsible for certain villains getting their hands on certain items.

Also, what do you mean by "unrelated labs"? It might be interesting to tie that in to Queen Industries somehow: they're a front company for Checkmate, and they've been doing lots of hostile takeovers of small labs and other companies for years. It might be that they've been buying what Guy is selling through various subsidiaries and such: Guy would unwittingly be supplying the superpowered CIA with gadgets that they are reverse-engineering into military hardware, and that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Oliver Queen; Jan 1st, 2013 at 01:11:13 AM.

Guy Gardner
    Yeah, though their two largest facilities are in Coast City and just outside Mertropolis (the Cadmus Project), and the third largest is in Kyoto. But, thanks to the Flash baddies, Central City would provide him with a fair bit of tech to study.

And pocket.

Oliver Queen
    Depends on the continuity. In some versions, Cadmus doesn't have anything to do with S.T.A.R Labs at all... DC is so broad and amorphous that we can basically get away with whatever we want.

Selina Kyle
    This thread has the best topic tag.

Guy Gardner
    Gah, posted by accident. Please delete me.

The Black Hand
    The Black Hand has had a few different iterations in DC, and while I don't like the one from Blackest Night at all, I do like his original incarnation - a master thief.

I'd like to pursue that version of him, but under the angle that for the last three years, nobody's been able to catch him, and his targets have become ever more daring - often high-tech items and even the "toy chests" of other villains or vigilantes. He usually finds some way of incorporating whatever he steals into his own tactics, and should be considered armed and dangerous.

Agent Guy Gardner has been after him for years, now, and has nailed down his hideouts a few times, re-capturing stolen tech a few times, but still hasn't been able to catch The Black Hand, himself. Black Hand should be considered Guy's Moby Dick, and is a known thorn in Guy's side as he's one of the few that Guy hasn't pinned down.

Black Hand does not appear to work for any one faction, often out for himself. But he has been known to be hired by those who need a master thief, often one with seemingly superhuman capabilities. I'd like for him to be able to hit Wayne Enterprises, at some point, and make off with some serious swag - swag which could possibly be used to identify who the Batman or Green Arrow are. And, while Black Hand typically likes to go undetected, it is known that he has killed in the past, and is not afraid to do so if the need arises.

His coming to Gotham City will be what brings Guy Gardner chasing him, as Guy is the foremost expert on Black Hand.

Anyone have need of a master thief, or would like to try and catch one in the act? Black Hand does have a long-term goal, so he's not going to get caught, this first time around, but it could be damn close.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Could he leave any sort of unusual digital footprint? Barbara isn't going to be apprehending anyone (confronting perhaps) but I would like her to start becoming useful and perhaps running into other, more accomplished heroes. Or Rick, again.

Catwoman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Hand View Post
    Anyone have need of a master thief, or would like to try and catch one in the act? Black Hand does have a long-term goal, so he's not going to get caught, this first time around, but it could be damn close.
    Rivalry?

The Black Hand
    Yes, the Black Hand would leave some kind of digital footprint, as he often uses what he's stolen in the past to further his ambitions. And in some cases, he might even leave a calling card. He knows Guy is after him, and delights in keeping one step ahead.

Would be fun to have him get some rivalry with Catwoman, though.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Well, I don't want to step in the toes of a budding master thief rivalry , but I'll keep an eye on things to see where I can mix it up.

Warrior
    Along with the arrival of Guy Gardner (now re-purposed into a GCPD MCU special investigator), a new vigilante will be moving into Gotham from Central City.

The Warrior.

Though Guy takes his work seriously, there are times he can't just sit back because his work's red tape stands in the way. So, he invented the vigilante "Warrior," which has let him use his fitness, wits, and confiscated baddie technology against criminals, when he can't go after them legally.

He's not as subtle as Green Arrow or Batman, his style is mostly about brute force and intimidation - but he is effective, and since he's actually Guy Gardner, he can pretend to be tracking himself for the police department, thus keeping himself from getting caught.

Being from the Central City police department, he'll have worked with Barry Allen, who knows that Warrior is actually Guy, but hasn't told anyone. With the two of them coming to Gotham in the same transfer, he may need to enlist Barry's help in keeping his vigilante activities on the down-low.

I'd like for him to be found by a local Gotham vigilante, at some point, while he's doing his Warrior thing, some night. Perhaps the established vigilantes might not be too happy to have a thuggish new hero in town, but at the same time, I don't think they'd refuse the help.

Jason Todd
    It occurred to me that Robin, Interrupted might be a good thread for introductions, kind of a tourist guide of Gotham once Jason actually gets there.

He's not going to hit town guns blazing (so to speak). He's going to want to get to know the city, build a contact network, and get established in the underworld. He could theoretically meet anyone (except Bruce) as he explores the city in his civilian identity.

I've got a couple more posts by way of origin story material, then the thread can "open" a little. Instead of making it a completely open thread (which have a way of getting crowded and confusing), I was thinking that he could make the rounds. Like Arkham, the library, QI, etc. He's definitely going to want to meet any known villains.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sounds good to me, stop by the library any time,

Warrior
    Would love to have Guy be able to have his vigilante persona, Warrior, make his debut somewhere. He's got some toys that need testing now that he's refined them since moving to Gotham.

Probably some sort of night scene, and it might be interesting if one of Gotham's more established heroes catches him in the act of taking somebody down. Any takers?

Helena Bertinelli
    Helena (and her alter-ego Huntress) is going to be returning to Gotham for the first time in a long while, and getting right back into kicking ass all over the place.

In a similar vein as Warriors request, it might be interesting for an existing Gothamite to run into her going to town on someone.

Warrior
    Or... Warrior and Huntress might compete for the same takedown, and another Gothamite might have to break things up.

Just a thought. =)

Helena Bertinelli
    You're on

Carter Hall
    If you need a vigilante to rumble with the two of you, I'm sure I can manage something with Green Arrow (or maybe The Question?), unless Peter wants to have Bats jump in on that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast