TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Turbogeek View Post
    AICN is the Fox News of movie news
    Yes, it is, but now and then there are nuggets of truth to be found in some of the speculation thrown around there. Also, if you value your sanity, don't read the comments section. It is a cesspit of idiocy.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/0...olo-exclusive/

So Harrison Ford would be intrested in another spin... He must be terribly broke or someone told him that Lucas does not write the dialog this time.

"Indeed, Ford won’t go to the next level of contract talks until there’s a script and director in place"

So we don't have either yet, it seems.

But apparently we should 'Give It To Brad Bird'!
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Nov 7th, 2012 at 01:37:23 PM.

These next couple of years are going to be fun. Desperate searches for any nugget of information, set pics, script rumors...

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Apparently, the British tabloids are reporting that Disney wants to bring back Vader. (linky)

They want to do it for marketing reasons, but I actually think it could shape up into something awesome, because of one question that springs to mind: does the public know that Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader?

Imagine it. The Alliance, victorious, tells the galaxy that the Emperor and Darth Vader were killed aboard the Death Star. However, in order to protect the legacy of their father, Luke and Leia stick with Obi Wan's "certain point of view", and the public at large never finds out that Anakin was Vader. Forty years roll by, the New Republic (or whatever) is in full swing... and then suddenly, whatever is left of the Empire announces that Vader - the most feared man in the galaxy - is back. They've got a force user in a big black suit... and while the audience knows it can't possibly be the real Vader, there's no way to disprove it: Luke burned the body, and they can't demand a DNA test without admitting that Vader was Anakin. If they do that, then suddenly the galaxy is reminded that the incorruptible Jedi aren't so incorruptible after all, and the heroes of the Rebellion lied to cover up the truth.

Then, we're left with the identity of this new Vader as an ongoing mystery. Are they a clone? Are they an imposter? Are they someone we've met before? Do they know that Vader was Anakin? Are they connected to Anakin in any way? A secret apprentice? A secret son?

We've got an award winning writer already, and if we get a decent director on board, I'm sure they could do something pretty awesome with Vader 2.0, if there's any truth to the claim.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

BTW does anyone know who gets the money for the SW license in Angry Birds SW and SW: Detours?

I guess Lucas tried to cash in big while he was still holding the license

Oh and who has the right to distribute the old SW Movies on Blu Ray now? Twentyth Century Fox or Disney? Does this mean that the Blu Ray Box from last year will be replaced by a Disney Box soon? I am kind of glad that I still have not bought this set.

What happens to the Real Life TV Show now? Are the made arrangements already set in stone or is Disney able to alter the plans?

I could see them bringing back Vader like that. Maybe the Sith uses his to bring fear on the New Republic. I guess they also could use Vader in a dream sequence or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    What happens to the Real Life TV Show now? Are the made arrangements already set in stone or is Disney able to alter the plans?
    I haven't seen anything official yet, but a live action show is the sort of thing that Disney would pounce on. They've already got Marvel working on the SHIELD series; having a Star Wars show to air on ABC as well would be a massive ratings boost for them.

As far as I know, they never got part the writing scripts stage. Who knows, maybe the Disney acquisition was the reason that the show hasn't happened yet: I'm guessing a deal like this was being talked about behind the scenes for quite a while.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Angry Birds Star Wars is very fun!

They use the Force and have lightsabers too. >_>

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

I consider the Angry Birds and Detours deal as Lucas saying: "Screw this if the big sell out starts at the end of the year I will start it myself and if people do not like it they will blame it on Disney"

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

we have a director and it is JJ Abrams
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...rs-episode-vii

I am very excited. He is a great director and a fan. Now on to casting decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    we have a director and it is JJ Abrams
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...rs-episode-vii

I am very excited. He is a great director and a fan. Now on to casting decisions.
    I'm mildly disappointed by this.

Don't get me wrong: JJ Abrams is a fantastic director. I love what he has done with Star Trek, and it's great that he is a fan. However, I recently read an interview where Abrams was talking about not wanting to direct Star Wars, which makes me wonder just what Disney had to do / offer in order to get him to change his mind.

Also, while his science fiction track record is pretty solid, Star Wars has always felt more fantasy than science fiction to me. I personally enjoyed the prequels, but I'm worried that an Abrams-directed Star Wars movie will be tilted more towards space battles, action sequences, and sex appeal, rather than the kind of all-ages fairytale adventure that the original movies were. The man who made Star Trek, Alias, Lost, Fringe, Cloverfield, and a bunch of Mission Impossible movies does not strike me as the best choice for this.

Between Disney and Abrams... I feel like I'm being a humbug over this, but I'm really not hyped at all.
    Last edited by Captain Untouchable; Jan 24th, 2013 at 05:15:15 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I'm thrilled. This will mark the first time in decades we have a capable film-maker helming a Star Wars movie.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    darn it I was coming here to break the news!!

I think it's a good choice, and a safe choice. He's got a proven track record with science fictiony films.

My preference was "just about anyone but Lucas" so I'm satisfied.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Good news! I am not uber excited but I prefer this choice over an unknown directer that only made some good commercials before or a guy who got the oscar for best foreign film.

One interesting thing in the article is Vaughn was pushing for Chole Moetz for the lead. So does that mean we will have a female character as the main? I would be cool with that and very different from the other 6 films.

I make no secret of being a JJ Abrams fan, so I was pleasantly surprised by the news.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast