Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Disney to acquire Lucasfilm; Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015

Some celebrities were apparently asked if they would want to be in Star Wars.

Also, Joss Whedon owns eight lightsabers.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    New film coming *every* summer starting 2015

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...arting-in-2015

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    As much as I'd like to believe you can have both quality and quantity, I can't happily welcome this news. It looks like Disney are eager to make their money back.

That's not all that impressive a claim, given that the trilogy and the stand alones will alternate. Cast overlap will be minimal; each trilogy instalment gets two years for filming and production. When you compare it to Marvel Studios releasing two movies a year, or The Hobbit releasing a trilogy at yearly intervals... they may be riding at the front of the parade, but they're still just jumping on a bandwagon. I don't see this as particularly surprising or impressive, tbh.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I will assume the movies will be entertaining at worst and great at best, and be optimistic about this.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I like the idea of alternating between a standalone story and an on-going story. There aren't many franchises that could pull off releasing a film with anywhere near that kind of frequency and maintain quality (I'm looking at you James Bond and Star Trek) so it'll be interesting to see whether the number of films being released has any bearing on the quality, or if the fact that the stand-alones will be strong on account of likely being made by a different creative team every time.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Like Jace explained if it is orchestrated well it would not have to be a sell out and the fact that different directers and screenwriters get their shot at SW makes me kind of excited.

I said it before but my take on a SW Real Life TV show would have been a 10 episode season with each episode being a story of it's own directed by directers that are SW fans like Whedon, Kevin Smith and maybe even Tarantino.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Looks like Han and Chewie will have an interesting relationship in the new film.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That was great!

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

John Williams confirmed to be scoring Episode VII. Here's the word straight from the horses mouth, as it were:

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Yes we can confirm that among other things after sitting in the Kathleen Kennedy panel this morning. I tell you guys she played that crowd like a violin.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Ep VII going to be filmed on actual film, instead of digital: http://nerdapproved.com/movies/episo...ginal-trilogy/

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

http://mashable.com/2013/08/22/star-...sode-vii-film/

George Lucas made a point of turning Star Wars into a digital franchise. Episode II: Attack of the Clones was the first major movie to be shot on a digital camera, not film, and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith continued the trend. (Episode I: The Phantom Menace was a strange hybrid of forms, shot on film then quickly digitized and covered in CGI.)

But film buffs prefer the on-film look of the original trilogy movies. They were cheered Thursday when Dan Mindel (who shot both Star Trek movies for J.J. Abrams) revealed Thursday that he would be the Director of Photography on Abrams' still-untitled Star Wars Episode VII, and that he would be using 35mm film to do the job. (Kodak color negative 5129, to be precise.)

Mindel's revelation was prompted by a question from a Kodak representative at the American Society of Cinemetographers breakfast in Los Angeles. That's according to attendee Aaron Proctor, cinematographer, entrepreneur and founder of the Boba Fett Fan Club.

It's not necessarily the best news for Star Wars fans who were worried about J.J. Abrams being his signature lens flares to the saga. Mindel taught Abrams how to do lens flare during Mission Impossible 3. But they may still prefer a galaxy full of flares to the antiseptic look of the prequels.

In any case, this could be another sign that new Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy prefers an old-school style for what she calls "Ep 7," the movie that will follow Return of the Jedi in Star Wars' internal chronology.

"The conversation we're having all the time now about Episode VII is how much CGI," Kennedy told fans at the Star Wars Celebration convention in Germany last month. "We're looking at what the early Star Wars films did; they used real locations with special effects. So we're going to find some very cool locations, we're going to end up using every single tool in the toolbox."

Ain't It Cool News writer Harry Knowles adds rumors he's hearing from Lucasfilm's Industrial Light and Magic, that the the company is growing its model shop. Veteran Lucasfilm designer Iain McCaig also mentioned at Celebration, without comment, that he has been sketching lots of Rancors recently. (The Rancor was the stop-motion model defeated by Luke Skywalker in Jabba's Palace).
    i love this news.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

It is actually quite impressive how much media love we already had so far. A set video and a bunch of set photos, casting information coming in every two weeks and my personal favorite: A confirmed Falcon and X-Wing set.

I don't go out of my way to watch anything Kevin Smith related, but this video of him talking about his EP7 set visit is awesome. I'm not ashamed to say I started tearing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4-j4l7N7_M

But like a man, I cried like a man....

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

That was a wonderful story.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567